PDA

View Full Version : 5s ordered via online Apple Store - Delivery Date???

maceddy
20th September 2013, 02:12 AM
Geez, my two orders (one silver 64GB and one space grey 64GB) went through by 2:04 am and the delivery info for both phones says:

Available to ship: 7 -1 0 business days
Delivers 02/10/2013 - 09/10/2013 by Standard Shipping

I was expecting the next few days, which was what happened in the last releases. What is going on????

What are other people getting for their shipping dates?

Erwin
20th September 2013, 02:18 AM
Same here. I ordered 2 x iPhone 5s gold at 2.04 am via app when web store was still down and I was given the same delivery dates. :( I hope they are overestimates.

vankoko
20th September 2013, 02:19 AM
I ordered the silver 64GB 5S and I also have an estimated shipping date in the next 7-10 days. Pretty crappy considering I also ordered within the first thirty seconds of the site being available... I should've waited at the store (but I have a job/life). Haha.

rav3n
20th September 2013, 02:24 AM
Ordered 32gb space grey, delivery from the 2nd of October, ouch. Hopefully thats a conservative estimate from Apple and they start shipping alot sooner then that. Not sure I can go 2 weeks with the old backup iphone 3g. Then again it says the case delivers on the 25th, so theres that I guess.

Link
20th September 2013, 06:03 AM
Just ordered a Gold 64Gb and delivery from Oct 2-7. Damn I wish I could get to an Apple store in the next few days!!

TJA77
20th September 2013, 06:06 AM
Same details for me on gold 64

Bastard Sheep
20th September 2013, 06:26 AM
Can you cancel orders once placed? I think I'm probably better off checking bigw or the apple stores on Sunday, otherwise it's a two week wait. Bit bloody ridiculous if those in person can get it two whole weeks before those ordering online.

bennyling
20th September 2013, 06:41 AM
If you manage to get one via the good ol' brick and mortar (who would have thought, hey?), you can usually cancel your online order before it ships.

gumby08
20th September 2013, 07:52 AM
I ordered a gold 32GB online at 2.05am then headed to the Canberra Apple Store to try to grab one today. By 6.45am the staff were telling us they'd sold out of gold. So if you're after gold, it looks like online ordering is the only option.

TJA77
20th September 2013, 08:12 AM
Online store seems to have already changed delivery date to October now for gold model. Must be the popular choice

lach
20th September 2013, 08:40 AM
Yeah, this surprised me, even given the rumours about incredibly low stock for launch of the 5S. I would have thought they would have allocated a percentage to online orders - but maybe the hint was that there were no pre-orders for the 5S? I suppose we are all hopeful that, as many have said, the 7 - 10 day delivery estimate is overcompensated.

homerjay
20th September 2013, 10:19 AM
Online orders have always taken 7 days from day of order. This time it's just because the ordering is same time as physical shops have them that it sucks.
Last yeat Iphone 5 online order was 20/9 - delivered 27/9 (for people who got in early) looks like the added the 7-10 days to stop people from have a freak out if they don't get it on the 7th day :)

Tazza0712
20th September 2013, 11:13 AM
Online orders have always taken 7 days from day of order. This time it's just because the ordering is same time as physical shops have them that it sucks.
Last yeat Iphone 5 online order was 20/9 - delivered 27/9 (for people who got in early) looks like the added the 7-10 days to stop people from have a freak out if they don't get it on the 7th day :)

I ordered my iPhone 5 online last year and had it delivered the day of the bricks and mortar release. Was that the 27th? I can't recall. Either way, apple is kind of annoying with their stunted release schedules. Not having gold/silver stock at resellers stores and apparently low stock at their own stores (of gold in particular) is frustrating for the apple devotees who make it a point to be amongst the first in the world to experience their new products. Limited loyalty to customers... Some transparency when it comes to purchasing arrangements/expected stock arrangements would be nice for a change.

Frankly, I'm glad I've decided to slog it out with the 5 for a while longer, though as I'm sitting here I'm feeling that distinct pull that's telling me to get to an apple store and get involved with all the hype, because deep down...I kinda like it.

changa
20th September 2013, 01:08 PM
The other thing to note is that the iPhone is ready to ship in 7-10 business days (not that it will ship). You need to add another 1-5 days after that.

Per Apple's website this is the definition of Standard Delivery. "
Standard Delivery. Expected to deliver within 1-5 days after your item is shipped."

mallo
20th September 2013, 04:32 PM
Last year I remember apple stores where getting new deliveries of the 5 every day from launch. Has anyone else asked at an apple store if they are expecting more deliveries tomorrow (specifically the gold).

maceddy
21st September 2013, 12:56 AM
Talk about a slap on the face - received emails today to say that the cases were shipped.

Meanwhile, no phone until at least 2 October!

Dreadful logistics, Apple.

Dambo
21st September 2013, 11:36 AM
I WANT ONE NOW!!!! STOMP FOOT AND WALK OFF IN DISGUST :naughty:

changa
21st September 2013, 12:05 PM
Talk about a slap on the face - received emails today to say that the cases were shipped.

Meanwhile, no phone until at least 2 October!

Dreadful logistics, Apple.

I don't think it is a case of dreadful logistics. It was always going to be the case that online orders would ship much later, and would ship direct from China.

I am sure that supply constraints was one of the reasons why there were no pre-orders for the 5s.

Still like everyone else, I want my iPhone now, but accept that if I wanted it now, I should have lined up at the Apple Store.

maceddy
21st September 2013, 12:30 PM
I don't think it is a case of dreadful logistics. It was always going to be the case that online orders would ship much later, and would ship direct from China.

I am sure that supply constraints was one of the reasons why there were no pre-orders for the 5s.

Still like everyone else, I want my iPhone now, but accept that if I wanted it now, I should have lined up at the Apple Store.

If they didn't have enough, they should have deferred the launch, both online and physical, to remove the time misalignment between the online and physical launch. The cynic would say this is simply Apple's usual tactic of limiting supply at launch to justify their prices because demand at that time obviously far outstrips supply.

drzeus
21st September 2013, 12:36 PM
Compared to some previous iphone online orders that I've made, where preorders happened a few days before release date and thus you could have it delivered to your door on the day of release, this one was a complete bullshit experience.

I got up at 2am to order the damn phone only to discover that from the get go they were expecting deliveries 2-3 weeks after ordering!!! WTF?? Make matters worse, by midday the 5S was still available to purchase online with the same shipping estimate so getting up at 2am was a waste of time and sleep.

And to rub salt into the wound, at lunch time I walked 5min to the JB Hifi near work and walked out the door with a 64GB 5S and thus cancelled the online order.

If JB, Telstra and many retail stores have stock many hours after opening their doors on launch day there is ZERO excuse for the online store to be quoting such ludicrous shipping estimates of 7-10 days (note SHIPPING estimate NOT delivery...add another week or two after that).

I'm sure trying to create long lines at Apple stores had a lot to do with this stunt rather than true logistics. They knew that all the impatient fools like myself would go hunting at the stores, getting the long queues in the media, rather than having it delivered to them, not to mention large savings in not paying for shipping.

changa
21st September 2013, 12:37 PM
If they didn't have enough, they should have deferred the launch, both online and physical, to remove the time misalignment between the online and physical launch. The cynic would say this is simply Apple's usual tactic of limiting supply at launch to justify their prices because demand at that time obviously far outstrips supply.

Really?? Defer the launch?

Millions of people have now got a new iPhone, but they should defer the launch because not everyone can get their iPhone on day 1??

That's just not realistic.

Also Apple don't adjust their prices based on demand. Other than the first iPhone, Apple have never subsequently dropped the price of their product once the initial rush is over. The price of the iPhone today will be the price of the iPhone in 10 months time.

Anyway, that's my opinion. Not trying to start an argument with you.

maceddy
21st September 2013, 06:05 PM
Really?? Defer the launch?

Millions of people have now got a new iPhone, but they should defer the launch because not everyone can get their iPhone on day 1??

That's just not realistic.

Also Apple don't adjust their prices based on demand. Other than the first iPhone, Apple have never subsequently dropped the price of their product once the initial rush is over. The price of the iPhone today will be the price of the iPhone in 10 months time.

Anyway, that's my opinion. Not trying to start an argument with you.

It's not all about economics - it's also about customer loyalty and if it means there is no timing difference between physical and online order, then they are not alienating a part of their customer base, which is totally unnecessary. It is all about deployment logistics.

Also, I didn't say anything about dropping prices etc. The limited supply at launch creates hype and visible demand that feeds sensational reporting by the media, which justifies their prestigious pricing - they don't ever have to adjust their prices because the prices are clearly defended by demand.

I think it is unrealistic to think that Apple is the golden child who can do no wrong. Do you think they really devote all their time and energy looking after their customers while economic motives play an inferior role? In the end, they are a business and they will make very business and commercial decisions that may or may not be detrimental to the welfare of you as a mere customer.

You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine.

lach
22nd September 2013, 11:19 PM
So for those that ordered just after 2am...are your orders still "processing items"? Americans are having their online orders fulfilled. I feel a bit cheated that Apple had seemingly no stock allocated for online orders at launch.

maceddy
23rd September 2013, 08:15 AM
So for those that ordered just after 2am...are your orders still "processing items"? Americans are having their online orders fulfilled. I feel a bit cheated that Apple had seemingly no stock allocated for online orders at launch.

Yep, no change.

Erwin
23rd September 2013, 10:02 AM
No change.

Processing Items Available to ship: 7- 10 business days
Delivers: 02/10/2013 - 07/10/2013 by Standard Shipping

rav3n
23rd September 2013, 12:50 PM
Nope no change here either. My case was delivered this morning, but no phone with it.

TJA77
23rd September 2013, 05:23 PM
No change here, case to be delivered tomorrow.

mattpoon
23rd September 2013, 06:27 PM
No change for me too. First time I've bought my iPhone online and definitely didn't think it would be this long of a wait :(

the_doctor
24th September 2013, 10:14 AM
I ordered a 64gb Space Grey and 64gb White Silver within a minute of it coming online and it had the 7-10 business days but an estimated delivery of 7/10 to 14/10. WTF!

My sister who ordered at 6am has an estimated delivery of 2/10 to 7/10. How is that possible? I should have waited until the morning instead of getting up a 2am.

I have not had anything but negative experiences with pre-ordering online with Apple.

lach
24th September 2013, 10:43 AM
No change for me too. First time I've bought my iPhone online and definitely didn't think it would be this long of a wait :(

I have not had anything but negative experiences with pre-ordering online with Apple.

I've always pre-ordered and usually had it delivered on launch day (there was one exception, maybe iPad 2?)

The give away should have been that the 5S wasn't available for PRE order, but I was optimistic - and I'd lined up the year before for the first time. Don't plan on doing that again.

I'm now checking the brick and mortar stores every morning. As of this morning, Chatswood have had no 5S stock since Friday.

TJA77
24th September 2013, 05:00 PM
I preordered by 2:05am and never expected to get it on launch day. In a months time when everyone has their preorders we will all laugh at our impatience. Apple will probably never again be able to keep up with supply and demand for launch day as it ships to so many countries now in the first tier. I read on another site this was the best sales ever for Apple on an iPhone launch day selling somewhere around 9 million 5s + 5c

lach
24th September 2013, 11:32 PM
I preordered by 2:05am and never expected to get it on launch day. In a months time when everyone has their preorders we will all laugh at our impatience. Apple will probably never again be able to keep up with supply and demand for launch day as it ships to so many countries now in the first tier. I read on another site this was the best sales ever for Apple on an iPhone launch day selling somewhere around 9 million 5s + 5c

I know, but that is then...and this is now! I really wanted to get my hands on one before this Friday to review for my next podcast episode.

mattpoon
25th September 2013, 08:27 AM
Exactly right. We may moan about it now but HOPEFULLY this time next week we will be the few who have the 5s.
Very impressive start for iPhone sales and I suspect next months iPad announcements will bring on the same kind of sales.
Especially if there's a finger print reader included in the update !!
Microsoft surface 2 ?? Pffffft, tell 'em their dreaming...

lawrencium
25th September 2013, 01:17 PM
Very impressive start for iPhone sales and I suspect next months iPad announcements will bring on the same kind of sales.
Especially if there's a finger print reader included in the update !!

Exactly what I have been thinking; maybe the new iPad/iPad mini will have TouchID too.

We'll see, although maybe Apple would like to see how successful it really is in the real world with the iPhone 5s, before implementing it into the rest of their iOS devices?

TJA77
25th September 2013, 07:45 PM
so all my fellow online order friends how many times a day are you checking your order status page patiently waiting for the "preparing for shipment" status? Ive checked 3 times since ordering

the_doctor
26th September 2013, 07:39 AM
I was thrilled to see a shipment notification arrive in my inbox only to discover it is for my new case.

#casewithnophonefail

mattpoon
26th September 2013, 08:11 AM
Me too, I now have my case, Lightning to 30-pin Adapter and Lightning to USB Cable. I am really starting to feel like a 5s phoney :(

lach
26th September 2013, 10:29 AM
I've been calling brick and mortar stores and they've got no stock either. They weren't kidding when they said supplies would be constrained.

davemc
26th September 2013, 12:16 PM
I've been calling brick and mortar stores and they've got no stock either. They weren't kidding when they said supplies would be constrained.
Apart from if you live in the US of A.

icant
26th September 2013, 02:14 PM
Thanks Obama.

fishinthecity
27th September 2013, 04:21 AM
It's not all easy sailing here in the US of A... Online orders are sometime in October - no specific date, just 'October'. Not sure about actual Apple stores here in NY, but I'll check when I head to my nearest one shortly (Grand Central) to pick up a 5C.

julee86
27th September 2013, 10:00 AM
My mate's gold 64GB slipped to 4/09, anyone had the same issue? And some Canadians have their orders updated to Preparing for shipment!

mattpoon
27th September 2013, 11:34 AM
Gold 64GB here too and no change with my order...

Available to ship: 7- 10 business days
Delivers: 02/10/2013 - 07/10/2013 by Standard Shipping

gumby08
27th September 2013, 01:23 PM
My 32GB gold is now preparing for shipment, with delivery from 4/10 - 9/10, so a bit of a slip from the original 2/10 - 9/10.

Dakah3
27th September 2013, 01:49 PM
Woohoo 16gb gold 5S finally gone prepared shipment !

rav3n
27th September 2013, 02:42 PM
Woohoo 16gb gold 5S finally gone prepared shipment !

To one up you, girlfriends gold 16gb ordered at 8am launch day has shipped, delivers monday. My 32gb space grey ordered at 2am when the store came back up gone to preparing for shipment, but now delivers 17-18 october. How the f*ck does that even work.

Dakah3
27th September 2013, 03:24 PM
Yeah I ordered at midnight too, but delivery on mine has now slipped from 2 - 10 October to 8 - 9 October, at least something is happening now.

Chundermuffin
27th September 2013, 03:26 PM
Well! I checked this morning and there was no change, and by chance I was in a Telstra store today and they had stock so I grabbed one. Went to cancel my online order straight after and the damn thing is 'preparing for shipment' so I can't cancel! Delivery date 9/10-10/10 however. Odds are it'll turn up when I'm at work anyway, and the collection depot is over an hour away.

So in 2 weeks or so, if anyone's desperate for a 64GB slate grey model and can't find one, let me know :innocent:

mattpoon
27th September 2013, 03:31 PM
My order has now changed. 4/10 - 9/10. Oh well another week with my iphone 4. It will be worth the wait !!

Lisaone
27th September 2013, 05:07 PM
i assumed id get an email when the status changed and was getting mroe and more disappointed with each passing day. Seeing all you guys have preparing for shipment i checked my order and it too says that mine is preparing for ship. But what exactly does that mean? Its all packed up somewhere waiting for someone to send it off? or what?

DELTAsnake
27th September 2013, 05:42 PM
My 64gb Space Grey has changed to "Preparing for Shipment" today. Anyone know if these are being shipped from Sydney or Shenzhen?

Chundermuffin
27th September 2013, 05:47 PM
My 64gb Space Grey has changed to "Preparing for Shipment" today. Anyone know if these are being shipped from Sydney or Shenzhen?
My guess is Shenzhen, or wherever in China, if the delivery date is early/mid-October. No way it'll take 2 weeks from Sydney.

rav3n
27th September 2013, 06:02 PM

Almost certainly direct from the factory. Only takes ~12 hours for the truck to go Sydney -> Brisbane.

TJA77
27th September 2013, 07:46 PM
my 64gb Gold has gone prepare for shipment but delivery has slipped back to 9/10 - 10/10. Will they charge for this in the next few days or charge me on or around the time the phone is delivered?

zedrac
27th September 2013, 08:04 PM
my 64gb Gold has gone prepare for shipment but delivery has slipped back to 9/10 - 10/10. Will they charge for this in the next few days or charge me on or around the time the phone is delivered?
My 64gb space grey moved to preparing for shipment, and my card got charged today.

Erwin
27th September 2013, 08:47 PM
My 2 Golds ordered at 2.04 am has changed to:

Preparing for Shipment Available to ship: 7- 10 business days
Delivers: 04/10/2013 - 07/10/2013 by Standard Shipping

the_doctor
27th September 2013, 08:54 PM
This is an absolute disgrace!

My 2 iPhones 64gb Space Grey & White which were ordered at 2:05am are Preparing for shipment 7 to 10 days with an estimated delivery date of 17/10 to 18/10.

Poor form Apple!

I wish I could say to you to shove it where the apple don't shine and never buy from you again but you and I both know I won't do that.

Oh and I was also charged today for a phone I'm not getting for almost 3 weeks.

TJA77
27th September 2013, 09:14 PM
Yeah Ive been charged too. Have all our dates been slipped back further to allow Apple to ship more phones to the USA where no doubt the demand is higher or are we still on a different model to the USA?

the_doctor
27th September 2013, 09:29 PM
My sister who ordered a Space Grey 64gb at 6:00am has a 4/10 to 7/10 date.

How is that possible? What incentive was there for me to get up at 2am when someone who waited until 6am gets theirs 2 weeks before me.

Lisaone
27th September 2013, 10:03 PM
my 16gb silver just updated to shipped. so happy!

Erwin
27th September 2013, 10:10 PM
My 2 Golds ordered at 2.04 am has changed to:

Preparing for Shipment Available to ship: 7- 10 business days
Delivers: 04/10/2013 - 07/10/2013 by Standard Shipping

Ok, just got an email from Apple -

Shipped: delivers 01/10/13!!!

Gold!

maceddy
27th September 2013, 10:13 PM
my 16gb silver just updated to shipped. so happy!

Just got email too!

Despite saying this afternoon that it will be shipped from 4/10, just got an email to say that it has been shipped:

Shipped: Delivers 01/10/2013 by Standard Shipping

Seems like the system is all over the shop and you can't really trust what's on the Order Status on Apple's site.

64GB Silver

zedrac
27th September 2013, 10:26 PM
Same! Looks like they're shipping their first lot out right now. 01/10/2013

rav3n
27th September 2013, 10:28 PM
Same! Looks like they're shipping their first lot out right now. 01/10/2013

Same here. Gone from delivery on 17th now to the 4th from Shenzhen.

mattpoon
27th September 2013, 11:12 PM
Just received an email saying I get mine now on the 1st of Oct.
Apple you rock !

maceddy
27th September 2013, 11:14 PM
TNT shipping tracking says delivery is estimated to be 30 Sep, even though Apple is estimating 1 Oct.

Judging from Apple's original estimate of when the phone would ship, I think I am going to hang my hat on TNT.

the_doctor
28th September 2013, 12:04 AM
Looks like I owe Apple and their bizarre nonsensical estimates an apology. Just received a shipping notification with an estimated delivery from TNT of the 30/9.

lach
28th September 2013, 02:14 AM
My delivery date has been confirmed the same as above. Estimated 1st Oct by Apple, and 30th Sep by TNT.

DeKa
28th September 2013, 09:32 AM
Well! I checked this morning and there was no change, and by chance I was in a Telstra store today and they had stock so I grabbed one. Went to cancel my online order straight after and the damn thing is 'preparing for shipment' so I can't cancel! Delivery date 9/10-10/10 however. Odds are it'll turn up when I'm at work anyway, and the collection depot is over an hour away.

So in 2 weeks or so, if anyone's desperate for a 64GB slate grey model and can't find one, let me know :innocent:

Just return it - it'll be easier for you (and someone else who's ordered will get it). You have 14 days from delivery to return it.

Erwin
28th September 2013, 08:02 PM
Shipped Friday 27/9, estimated delivery Monday 30/9.

According to TNT tracking, it's in transit in HK now.

maceddy
29th September 2013, 11:42 AM
In Sydney as at 11 am this morning!

Pretty sure I should get it tomorrow in Brisbane.

Pretty impressed that it was shipped on 27/9 all the way from China and I will be getting it on 30/9 - a mere 4 days.

Even so, still not impressed by Apple that there was no pre-ordering so that we got it on the same date as those walking into the physical stores on launch day like the way it used to be.

lach
29th September 2013, 11:53 AM

Pretty sure I should get it tomorrow in Brisbane.

Pretty impressed that it was shipped on 27/9 all the way from China and I will be getting it on 30/9 - a mere 4 days.

Even so, still not impressed by Apple that there was no pre-ordering so that we got it on the same date as those walking into the physical stores on launch day like the way it used to be.

Agreed - excited that it will be delivered tomorrow, but still frustrated that pre-ordering for launch day wasn't an option.

the_doctor
29th September 2013, 12:12 PM
Now when I click the Track Shipment button in the email it says "Sorry we are unable to fulfil your request"

maceddy
29th September 2013, 12:22 PM
Now when I click the Track Shipment button in the email it says "Sorry we are unable to fulfil your request"

Probably because we are all checking the system all the time. :P

Lisaone
29th September 2013, 01:15 PM

mine too was here in sydney at 11am. i wish i could just go get it right now! all our phones must be sitting together in some warehouse right now. cant wait.

Erwin
29th September 2013, 02:30 PM
Same - in Sydney 11 am today. Will need to arrange for someone to be home tomorrow. :)

TJA77
29th September 2013, 06:23 PM
I live in Sydney metro but mine is still saying 2nd Oct Delivery so I doubt Ill see it tomorrow even though the date is subject to change, Ive never received anything from TNT earlier than the specified date

the_doctor
30th September 2013, 07:11 AM
Mine was in Sydney as of 11:00am yesterday. Tracking has not changed since then. I would have expected it to have arrived in Melbourne overnight and be on board for delivery today to make the estimated delivery of the 30th of September.

maceddy
30th September 2013, 07:34 AM
The phone is in Brisbane!!! Yippee!!

Pretty sure I will get it today.

mattpoon
30th September 2013, 08:02 AM
Shipment received at TNT in Melbourne 6:45am.
I work in Prahran, has to be today
Fingers and toes crossed.

lach
30th September 2013, 08:09 AM
Mine is "out for delivery". I'm in Lane Cove

TJA77
30th September 2013, 08:09 AM
Ill be buggered! I got my text message for delivery today.

Erwin
30th September 2013, 08:13 AM
Yup just got the SMS too. Woo Hoo!

gumby08
30th September 2013, 08:30 AM
Public holiday in Canberra today, so I'll have to wait one more day.

derriere1111
30th September 2013, 08:42 AM
My wife's gold 5s will be delivered on the 2nd of October (Wednesday).

the_doctor
30th September 2013, 09:03 AM
Updated status now says on board for delivery. Woo Hoo.

Now to stay in the office all day so I don't miss delivery.

mallo
30th September 2013, 10:27 AM
every time I hear the office elevator 'ding' my head turns hoping to see a TNT uniform. gonna need to claim work cover for my damaged neck if I have to turn it too many more times. heh

Bastard Sheep
30th September 2013, 10:58 AM
Grey 64GB ip5s has arrived and is in my hot little hands!

lach
30th September 2013, 11:21 AM
Mine arrived in Lane Cove around 10am!
It's taking AGES to restore, can't wait to play with it!

maceddy
30th September 2013, 11:49 AM
Just got mine. Brisbane. 64GB Silver!!!

zedrac
30th September 2013, 11:53 AM
Argh, mine's been out for delivery since 7:30, and I work one suburb over from the TNT depot. Obviously they're coming here at the end of the route so it wasn't delivered too early, but I hate waiting!

vankoko
30th September 2013, 11:55 AM
This is going to sound so stupid. But I got my iPhone 5S this morning, and I noticed it had a default wallpaper (the dots/gradient) which was colour matched - i.e. the silver comes with white/grey, the gold with white/gold and presumably the space grey comes with grey/black - these are different colours from the ones that match to the 5c.

After restoring my iPhone to get all my apps and stuff, the colour matched wallpaper is not available in the wallpapers in settings. I even tried resetting my iphone to factory settings, but the default wallpaper is now the ios 7 blue cosmos one. Does anyone know how I can get the original pale grey wallpaper that loads with the 5S on first boot? It's much paler than the grey one available in wallpapers for everyone... I want my colour matching goodness! Haha. Thanks for your help, I'm aware that this is an incredibly OCD dorky request.

Link
30th September 2013, 12:27 PM
Just got an email saying tomorrow for delivery instead of the week after! Upgrading from a 3 year old iPhone 4, cannot wait :-D

64gb Gold.

Erwin
30th September 2013, 12:35 PM
Got my two golds at 12 pm in SE Melbourne suburbs.

lach
30th September 2013, 01:03 PM
This is going to sound so stupid. But I got my iPhone 5S this morning, and I noticed it had a default wallpaper (the dots/gradient) which was colour matched - i.e. the silver comes with white/grey, the gold with white/gold and presumably the space grey comes with grey/black - these are different colours from the ones that match to the 5c.

After restoring my iPhone to get all my apps and stuff, the colour matched wallpaper is not available in the wallpapers in settings. I even tried resetting my iphone to factory settings, but the default wallpaper is now the ios 7 blue cosmos one. Does anyone know how I can get the original pale grey wallpaper that loads with the 5S on first boot? It's much paler than the grey one available in wallpapers for everyone... I want my colour matching goodness! Haha. Thanks for your help, I'm aware that this is an incredibly OCD dorky request.

They're in the "stills" section of the wallpaper settings. They also have colour matched dynamic themes too!

vankoko
30th September 2013, 01:08 PM
Mine is missing the wallpaper that came presintalled (the one that's printed on the box/packaging) - it has the ones that match the 5c, but not the ones that match the 5s... Any ideas? I've tried restoring, resetting... Ugh.

vankoko
30th September 2013, 01:17 PM
This wallaper: http://www.unwiredview.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/iPhone-5S-drawing.jpg

maceddy
30th September 2013, 02:42 PM
It's taking absolutely ages to restore all my apps. It's been about 40 minutes so far and it's only up to 88 apps out of 246!

lach
30th September 2013, 03:03 PM
These are what I have at the bottom of the "stills" section of the wallpaper settings. http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b555/Lachlan85/image_zps87a2b8e1.jpg (http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/Lachlan85/media/image_zps87a2b8e1.jpg.html)

lach
30th September 2013, 03:06 PM
It's taking absolutely ages to restore all my apps. It's been about 40 minutes so far and it's only up to 88 apps out of 246!

I've learnt my lesson from prior restores, my iCloud restores always stuffed up and took longer than when plugged into the computer. All restores I do now are done through backup to the computer. That said, mine was taking a long time also (ended up having to leave it at home, haven't been back to check on it yet)

vankoko
30th September 2013, 05:00 PM
I see these too - but they're matched to the 5c not the 5s. The 5s comes preibstalled with white/grey, white/gold, or black/grey depending on the colour of the model. I know it's nerdy... But the 5s preibstalled wallpapers are much more subtle - it's just annoying that there doesn't seem to be a way to retrieve these wallpapers beyond the initial setup. If you look carefully at the link I posted you can see it's quite a different wallpaper. Thanks for your help anyway, I'm giving up. :)

Bastard Sheep
1st October 2013, 08:18 AM
I'm surprised by the number of people doing restores. When ever I get a new phone or do a full version update (ie X. rather than .X update) I always do a clean install.

mattpoon
1st October 2013, 08:56 AM
Iphone 4 to 5s is like going from 1969 Porsche 911 to a Bugatti Veyron.
The screen size from the iphone 4 to the 5s's screen is awesome.
All those people who prefer phablet phones in there pockets are crazy IMO.
My work mate is already eying off the 5s from his Galaxy S4.

dracomjb
1st October 2013, 11:43 AM
I'm surprised by the number of people doing restores. When ever I get a new phone or do a full version update (ie X. rather than .X update) I always do a clean install.

Some of us quite like keeping our app data and not having to completely reconfigure everything

Dakah3
2nd October 2013, 05:36 PM
Iphone 4 to 5s is like going from 1969 Porsche 911 to a Bugatti Veyron.
The screen size from the iphone 4 to the 5s's screen is awesome.
All those people who prefer phablet phones in there pockets are crazy IMO.
My work mate is already eying off the 5s from his Galaxy S4.
Same as you gone from 4 to 5S, blown away by the speed and how much better ios7 runs on the 5S. Absolutely love the speed of the camera and the slow mo blows me away with how good it works.

TJA77
2nd October 2013, 08:11 PM
Tell me guys, is your home button sitting lower than the ring surrounding it? or is the button flush with the ring? I thought initially it was all flush but I notice my home button sits lower than the ring. Hoping its not collapsing already

Sekelani
2nd October 2013, 08:28 PM
i placd my order today, any idea when ill be expecting it to ship

changa
2nd October 2013, 08:32 PM
Tell me guys, is your home button sitting lower than the ring surrounding it? or is the button flush with the ring? I thought initially it was all flush but I notice my home button sits lower than the ring. Hoping its not collapsing already

My home button is lower than the ring.

I think that makes sense as the ring should be activated first. This then tells the home button to scan for a fingerprint.

TJA77
2nd October 2013, 08:40 PM
My home button is lower than the ring.

I think that makes sense as the ring should be activated first. This then tells the home button to scan for a fingerprint.

Cheers mate, I was thinking I had a dud for a second

Chundermuffin
3rd October 2013, 10:29 AM
Some of us quite like keeping our app data and not having to completely reconfigure everything
This. If I couldn't switch so easily from one phone to another I'd probably still be using an iPhone 4.

Sekelani
3rd October 2013, 11:35 AM
The worst thing happened to me today. I called the apple store today, I was expecting them to tell me they have no stock available, but they tell me they have the 64 gig gold in stock, just when I made my online order yesterday. God I feel like an idiot.

hawker
3rd October 2013, 12:21 PM
Cancel and go into the store? You only can't cancel if it's gone to 'preparing for shipment.'

lawrencium
3rd October 2013, 12:24 PM
I called the apple store today, I was expecting them to tell me they have no stock available, but they tell me they have the 64 gig gold in stock, just when I made my online order yesterday.

If I'm not mistaken, you can cancel Apple Online Store orders before they ship.

I haven't had much experience with the Online Store, but I think you can check the status of your order through your account and cancel if necessary.

Someone correct me if I'm mistaken?

Sekelani
3rd October 2013, 04:42 PM
If I'm not mistaken, you can cancel Apple Online Store orders before they ship.

I haven't had much experience with the Online Store, but I think you can check the status of your order through your account and cancel if necessary.

Someone correct me if I'm mistaken?

Yeah I know I can. But it would take days to get my money back for the order. I'll still have to wait for that money. And who knows the time it takes to get my money back, Canberra apple store may be sold out again of iPhone 5s. So I'll just wait

lawrencium
3rd October 2013, 05:00 PM
Yeah I know I can. But it would take days to get my money back for the order. I'll still have to wait for that money.

I don't think you're actually charged for the order immediately. If you check your bank account, you would be able to see?

Again, I am basing this on what I've read from other forum members' experience. Do correct me if I'm wrong.

lukemc
3rd October 2013, 05:11 PM
from my experience apple usually charge $1 to the card until it actually goes prepared for shipment then they charge the full amount

I have heard of them "holding" the full amount though..........you could call your bank and ask, or check internet banking to see....

Yeah I know I can. But it would take days to get my money back for the order. I'll still have to wait for that money. And who knows the time it takes to get my money back, Canberra apple store may be sold out again of iPhone 5s. So I'll just wait

Sekelani
3rd October 2013, 11:16 PM
I don't think you're actually charged for the order immediately. If you check your bank account, you would be able to see?

Again, I am basing this on what I've read from other forum members' experience. Do correct me if I'm wrong.

I got charged the second I placed my order. I've checked my bank account.

dracomjb
4th October 2013, 10:04 AM
Sometimes they'll get an authorisation for the full amount, but Apple in my experience only ever charges your card when they ship, which is when the invoice is sent to you.

Sekelani
4th October 2013, 10:25 AM
Sometimes they'll get an authorisation for the full amount, but Apple in my experience only ever charges your card when they ship, which is when the invoice is sent to you.

I guess this Chinese holiday has really messed things up for all of us

jsarchibald
5th October 2013, 08:47 AM
Can't believe you guys still don't have your orders. I got a 64gb Silver on Tuesday and I'm out in the sticks, yet most people still can't get stock. Living rural rocks!

Sekelani
9th October 2013, 02:17 PM
Can't believe you guys still don't have your orders. I got a 64gb Silver on Tuesday and I'm out in the sticks, yet most people still can't get stock. Living rural rocks!

When did you order your 5S