PDA

View Full Version : Warranty prolonging?

gyzmic
17th September 2013, 11:18 AM
Hi everybody, many ppl selling their iphone 5 before 20/9 so i decided to buy one throuhgt ads. They offering usually new phones recently replaced under warranty. This warranty is still valid, let me say 1-2 months. Is it possible to purchase (prolong) warranty in apple (Apple Care) for $99? If so, would apple willing replace me (in case of any issue appers in future) this iphone which has been already replaced before? Thanks a lot for help

bennyling
17th September 2013, 12:20 PM
Yeah, provided the iPhone is still within the first year's warranty period you can buy AppleCare to extend that to two years from the initial purchase date.

And yeah, Apple will usually replace iPhones if any issues happen to them, even if they've been replaced before :)

gyzmic
17th September 2013, 02:03 PM
That would mean you can have new iphone for $99 every year :)

bennyling
17th September 2013, 02:51 PM
Nope the warranty is transferred to the "new" (replacement) iPhone, so you can't keep extending it with AppleCare.

gyzmic
17th September 2013, 04:03 PM
bit confused now:)
let me say, i would buy 5s next week with one year warranty. Before this warranty would finish on september 2014 i'll replace my 5s for a new one and purchase AppleCare for $99 for another year (9/2015). if something would happen to my new replaced 5s, there's no problem to replace it again for another 5s? Thank you.

bennyling
17th September 2013, 04:17 PM
No, that's right, but you can generally only replace devices if there's actually something wrong with them.

And yeah, provided there's something wrong with the replacement 5s and provided it's still within the extended warranty period, then Apple should replace that too.

You can only be in warranty coverage for a maximum of two years with the iPhone one year under standard warranty, and another year under AppleCare.

gyzmic
17th September 2013, 05:03 PM
Thanks. Really helpful

hithere
19th September 2013, 12:58 PM
bit confused now:)
let me say, i would buy 5s next week with one year warranty. Before this warranty would finish on september 2014 i'll replace my 5s for a new one and purchase AppleCare for $99 for another year (9/2015). if something would happen to my new replaced 5s, there's no problem to replace it again for another 5s? Thank you.

I believe AppleCare cannot be added on to warranty that came with a replacement (if you have passed the original 12 months). So in your example, buy original iPhone Sep 2013. Original warranty last until Sep 2014. Within this time, you can get AppleCare but not outside that time frame. Even if you get your phone replaced in 11 months and 29 days and it came with it's own warranty for defect, once you pass 12 months from original purchase date, no AppleCare.

melb_mac_guy
21st September 2013, 12:38 AM
FYI Apple care is $79 now.. not $99