PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 5c/5s & iPad 5 release date must be close!

Appleaday
7th August 2013, 11:47 AM
OK I know it only a guess, but methinks its getting close to the time when Apple will release the next iPhone and iPad.

I was hoping for an updated iPad mini but that appears unlikely, so will probably go for the iPad 5 when that comes out.

So what do people think - my guess is early September announcement together with IOS 7.

mattpoon
7th August 2013, 12:30 PM
Yes, the way the latest beta 5 runs on my iphone 4. I think it's very close too.

Been far too long between drinks for some new Apple gear to drool over.

Bring on Sept.

davemc
7th August 2013, 01:42 PM
yes we prob update our iphone4's this time maybe :) They slowing down a bit and falling behind in features that cannot be used.

Appleaday
9th August 2013, 12:52 PM
I'm going to make a prediction - there will be an announcement on the 24th August - same date as Tim Cook's 2nd anniversary!

Oldmacs
9th August 2013, 01:32 PM
Do you think the 5C going to come to Australia?
I heard rumours that it might be country specific.

davemc
9th August 2013, 05:35 PM
Do you think the 5C going to come to Australia?
I heard rumours that it might be country specific.
I heard the same things although they be silly, a lot of people would like a cheap iphone instead of a cheap andriod phone.
If its 16gb might just update the wifes to that one.

zed
14th August 2013, 10:29 AM
I really hope I'm going to be blown away with the 5s.. but I have this sinking feeling inside me that's going to be very underwhelming..

Geoff3DMN
14th August 2013, 10:56 AM
I really hope I'm going to be blown away with the 5s.. but I have this sinking feeling inside me that's going to be very underwhelming..

I have a sneaking suspicion that most of the hype this time around is going to be around the 5C and how it's bringing Apple a new market.

swoffa
14th August 2013, 12:05 PM
I'm seriously looking to upgrade the old 4 and the 5C looks like the goods. Well it did till I read that it might drop features and current hardware to bring back the pricepoint.

Just sitting twiddling my thumbs till we know.

zed
14th August 2013, 12:27 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion that most of the hype this time around is going to be around the 5C and how it's bringing Apple a new market.

Yeah, true. I don't really want to switch from Iphones to another brand, but don't think the new 5s is going to be anything more than a few tweaks which could possibly be the death knell for Apple in the mobile phone market. There are phones out there that are waterproof, 40mp cameras, larger screens and much cheaper. At the very least Apple has to match these phones. And as far as a budget Iphone goes, I think Apple have missed the boat. There is too much competition in the mooted price range that the 5c is going to sit in. Phones like the HTC One Mini, which will be similarly priced, are arguably a better specced phone than the 5c (according to rumours) as well as having a quality build, glass & aluminum as opposed to plastic.

kerr
18th August 2013, 12:49 AM
Wonder what prices will be.

At a guess, 5s 32/64/128 GB for $ 799/899/999, with the 5c maybe 60% of those prices?

zed
25th August 2013, 08:53 AM
5c rumoured to be around $380

Appleaday
26th August 2013, 05:14 PM
Optus have just sent me an SMS stating "some fancy new smart phones are on the horizon.." - just wish Apple would make their announcement.

zed
29th August 2013, 02:36 PM
Optus have just sent me an SMS stating "some fancy new smart phones are on the horizon.." - just wish Apple would make their announcement.

I think all the specs are out there more or less. Check out Stuff | Gadget reviews, video reviews and technology news (http://www.stuff.tv/) They have lots of stuff regarding rumoured new phones & their specs etc and they tend to be fairly accurate.