PDA

View Full Version : strange lines across screen !?...

nuno1959
6th May 2013, 09:38 PM
Hi Guys

for some reason i have no clue about, my trusty iPhone 3GS has started showing these lines or stripes horizontally across its screen.
in everyday use they don't REALLY interfere but they ARE annoying & i'm afraid if left unattended they might develop into something worse ?
if the screen background is clear ( white, tray, etc.. depending on app used ) the lines display as black & vice versa - very odd....

please check photo here :
the ''freakish lines'' | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/13706825@N03/8714044342/in/set-72157633431814678/)

as you can see on the attached photo, i chose to photograph the iPhone's screen just before it disconnects so you can clearly see the lines

does anyone have ANY idea why this is happening ? & how to cure it if possible...

any help will be VERY welcome, many thanks in advance

cheers

Nuno

kyte
7th May 2013, 07:45 AM
Never seen anything like this on a phone... the screen must be on the way out. If I were you, I'd visit the nearest Apple store and try to get it replaced for whatever your local cost is. OR find a techie who knows how to replace the screen entirely.

Alec Fraser
7th May 2013, 08:20 AM
Yeah, your screen is on the way out and needs replacing. Kyte's right, if you've got an Apple Store near you it's worth a shot. Otherwise, might be time to upgrade :)