PDA

View Full Version : Apple 24 Month Warranty

Oldmacs
30th April 2013, 06:01 PM
Hi All,
I am looking at buying an iPhone 4S off eBay- However I am very nervous about it!
My worry is that I will buy an iPhone with some sort of fault or developing fault. However I may be wrong but if that happened and it was not a user induced fault, Apple would repair it free under their 2 year warranty? And seeing as the 4S was introduced less than 2 years ago, all 4s's should be under warranty.

Am I right in my thinking?

bennyling
30th April 2013, 07:11 PM
Provided a) it's not a software thing and b) the LCI have not been tripped, then yes, you could be able to get it replaced.

As with all eBay phone purchases, I'd ask the seller for the IMEI and check that it hasn't been blocked by plugging it into this page: AMTA - Check the Status of your Handset (http://www.amta.org.au/pages/amta/Check.the.Status.of.your.Handset)

Oldmacs
30th April 2013, 07:36 PM
The seller does not want to give serial code- he says that the phone is not stolen and has been his since purchase 1 year ago.........
P

bennyling
30th April 2013, 07:58 PM
Up to you then man. You know the risks of buying second hand from eBay, you make the decision.

Oldmacs
30th April 2013, 08:14 PM
Oh I hate the uncertainty..............

nibbles
30th April 2013, 08:54 PM
If they're genuine then they should have no problem giving a photo of the receipt and the IMEI.

Oldmacs
30th April 2013, 10:10 PM
In the end I didn't buy it......
I don't really want to buy from ebay but seeing as I can not afford a new phone it seems the only route.

rav3n
30th April 2013, 11:03 PM
If the seller has ~98% positive feedback or better and you pay with paypal you can't go wrong. Seeing as paypal will 99% of the time side with the buyer in the event a claim is made.

Oldmacs
30th April 2013, 11:10 PM
Well the seller had 100 percent positive feedback and I was going to use paypal :)

kyte
2nd May 2013, 06:37 AM
Oldmacs... consider getting one from ebgames. They are a long established company and have all sorts of phones they have taken in trade for other things. They "refurbish" (ie probably just wipe and update the OS) and give a 3/12 warranty. Their prices arent bad. I nearly went down that path when I got my 4S but in the end decided new was best. I cant afford to keep doing that and will likely go ebgames for my next upgrade. It means I am always going to be one or two generations behind, but at least I'll be able to get a greater capacity than at the Apple Store, on older phones.

https://www.ebgames.com.au/tablets-158085-iPhone-4S-32GB-Unlocked---Black-Refurbished-by-EB-Games-preowned-Tablets is available right now. May not be, later in the day. Unlocked ones go faster than locked, but they have a few locked as well, to either Optus or Telstra.