PDA

View Full Version : (A1181) Macbook will not turn on at all. Please help!!

livinin82
2nd April 2013, 04:17 AM
Okay, I have a Macbook A1181 (Glossy White) and it simply will not turn on in any way. I got it from my little brother and he does not recall what happened to it (shocker). Anyway last night when I started investigating, the charger light would come on and that's it, no battery lights, no sleep light, no power when I hit power button, nothing. I've tried all of the things listed here (http://news.softpedia.com/news/Things-to-Do-if-Your-MacBook-Does-Not-Turn-On-133615.shtml) to no avail. Any suggestions or questions? I'm a PC technician but I know that doesn't give me any leverage here. Mac Team...ASSEMBLE!!!!

Alec Fraser
2nd April 2013, 09:43 AM
Did he spill any liquid on it? Could be an issue with the power connection from the mainboard to the battery and/or magsafe connector.

I'm guessing you don't have another MacBook to test the battery in? Your best bet would be to take it into a Genius Bar or Apple Reseller to get it checked out. They should be able to tell you where the fault is and what the damage to your brother's wallet is gonna be to get it fixed ;)