PDA

View Full Version : Apple Store Melbourne CBD - GPO?

m_242
28th March 2013, 06:15 AM
According to the Age this morning (http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/gpo-shops-booted-for-mystery-tenant-20130327-2gty2.html), tenants in the GPO centre on the corner of Elizabeth and Bourke Streets are not having their leases renewed, with speculation that they are to be replaced with the long awaited Melbourne CBD Apple Store. Perfect location, premium building, definitely sounds legit...

adrezs69
28th March 2013, 07:00 AM
Hi To all the Apple Fan boys.
Thought I would start this rumour, no substance to it yet.
An article in the age stating that retail tenants in the Melbourne GPO building are being asked to leave in the next six Months for a large international retail outlet.

Could this be the new Apple Store for Melbourne CBD

Article below
GPO shops booted for mystery tenant | theage.com.au (http://m.theage.com.au/victoria/gpo-shops-booted-for-mystery-tenant-20130327-2gty2.html)

See Ya

Angsty
28th March 2013, 07:54 AM
Mmmm, not having to drive to Chadstone and find parking will be bliss!

On the other hand, will probably need to use a hip and shoulder to get inside the door on what will likely be a busy store.

Angsty
28th March 2013, 08:52 AM

Ahem, and girls....

Ang :)

derriere1111
28th March 2013, 10:55 AM
Thought I would start this rumour, no substance to it yet.
An article in the age stating that retail tenants in the Melbourne GPO building are being asked to leave in the next six Months for a large international retail outlet.

Could this be the new Apple Store for Melbourne CBD

Article below
GPO shops booted for mystery tenant | theage.com.au (http://m.theage.com.au/victoria/gpo-shops-booted-for-mystery-tenant-20130327-2gty2.html)

See Ya

How could you "start" this rumour when you're replying to a post that started the rumour, or to be precise, referred to a newspaper article that started the rumour? Is your name Richard?

Alessiman
28th March 2013, 11:21 AM
How could you "start" this rumour when you're replying to a post that started the rumour, or to be precise, referred to a newspaper article that started the rumour? Is your name Richard?

I assumed it was a merged thread when i saw this early in the morning. OP just bet him by a few minutes

MrJesseRoss
28th March 2013, 11:37 AM
Yep, threads were merged.

scar68
28th March 2013, 03:07 PM
I think the building is perfect for Apple and would make a spectacular store. The atrium has a very grand feeling about it and I can just see the tiles and benches in there. The other often rumoured site is the new Emporium currently under construction. In my opinion the GPO site would be much more impressive.

simonm
28th March 2013, 04:24 PM
Interesting development...

Well if non-descript black boarding starts going up I think you'll have your answer!

Wally
29th March 2013, 11:14 AM
I'm interested in a night camp out :D

SRG
29th March 2013, 08:34 PM
Seems it is not Apple but H&M with numerous reports seeming to confirm them.

MrJesseRoss
29th March 2013, 10:35 PM
Sounds about right. Their Europe stores are massive.

enecker
17th April 2013, 08:54 PM
I think this would be a great location. If this does go ahead, it will be similar to the London Apple store which also uses an old heritage building for its shop. It will give an old world touch to something otherwise very modern. A grand idea!