PDA

View Full Version : Apple ][ on Ebay

Orestes
20th February 2013, 09:32 PM
Apple ii europlus desktop | eBay (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Apple-ii-europlus-desktop-/261170574402?pt=AU_Computers_Apple_Desktops&hash=item3ccefab442)

Erwin
20th February 2013, 10:00 PM
Cool. I have one of these. For some reason a few on market recently.

Orestes
20th February 2013, 10:05 PM
Yeah, they're kind of rare... I just put this here in case someone was interested. The seller has a few things, but unfortunately is down your way otherwise I'd probably pick up the 9500 he has for sale to run as a BeBox.

Bytegeist
22nd February 2013, 05:08 AM
I was surprised to learn just now, from Wikipedia that the Europlus doesn't have built-in color PAL output. You need an additional video card just to get color? What a pain. (And an expensive pain too, I bet.) Was that also the case with later Apple II models sold in PAL countries?

By the way, judging from that Ebay photo (with the person's foot in frame, on the right), it looks like the Europlus is about five feet across, with keys the size of golf balls. Am I right on that one?

No?

Orestes
22nd February 2013, 11:48 AM
I can remember playing PAWS on an Apple II in primary school, you would be right about the size of them.

macman142
22nd February 2013, 12:06 PM
By the way, judging from that Ebay photo (with the person's foot in frame, on the right), it looks like the Europlus is about five feet across, with keys the size of golf balls. Am I right on that one?

No?

Hahaha now you say that, I can't see it any other way!!! Looks enormous!