PDA

View Full Version : Merging two iPhones

MattP
2nd February 2013, 09:48 AM
I did a search but could not find an answer so your assistance will be most appreciated.

I have an iPhone 3G and iPhone 4 which have different contacts and music and photos etc (one was my personal one, one work).

I want to move everything off the 3G and add it to the 4 without losing anything currently on the 4. The end result I need is for the iPhone 4 to have the combined contacts, songs, movies and photos current on both phones, without losing anything.

Can anyone recommend the easiest way to do this? I do not have a great deal of experience with iCloud, can I plug them both into iCloud and will it allow me to merge the contents onto my iPhone 4?

Thanks for your help.

tinhead88
2nd February 2013, 12:16 PM
I don't think you can simply merge two sets of iPhone data. The easiest way would be to get the data into iPhoto and contacts on your mac which then allows to merge contact groups and photo albums for a sync to your iPhone4. I'm not sure what happens with music associated with 2 different AppleIDs but it may well sync if it is all in a single iTunes library authorised for both IDs.