PDA

View Full Version : Macbook pro 2007 help

Sidsnot1955
27th January 2013, 11:42 AM
Hi I am a newbie to this site but I need some help please my MBP 2007 has just started to play up it will boot to desktop then freezes and restart to white screen and just sit doing nothing it has new hdd Ml installed paid for from apple app. can any one help.

dbolli
27th January 2013, 01:07 PM
Hold down the Shift key after power on until you see the Apple logo appear. This will boot in safe mode. See if it is still unstable. If not, it is likely to be a software issue. If it is still unstable in safe mode, it is likely to be a hardware issue and it's off to the Genius Bar (although given the age of your MBP a new Mac is probably a better and cheaper option than a repair).

Please see Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1455?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US) for more info.

hth,
Derek.

wab23
7th February 2013, 08:05 AM
Hi Sidsnot,
You'll be like me, rather peeved that your MBP has let you down. I had similar troubles, the logic board (motherboard) died in my 2006 build machine. No spare parts available and apparently, no after market spares either. I'm not willing to go back to a MS PC so, $3,000 later, I have a late 2011 17" MBP and I find it to be not as good as the earlier machine. Apple keep stuffing around with the embedded applications, iPhoto, iTunes are 2 that have undergone "upgrades" and made them, in my opinion, less user friendly, more frustrating than earlier versions.
Add BigPond's 4G Wi-Fi modem into the mix and its enough to make you want to tear your hair out !
Apple seem to have lost the plot lately, too focused on profit at the expense of providing customer satisfaction.
Cheers
Wazza

paronga
7th February 2013, 11:05 AM
regarding itunes/iphoto:
software changes. In the apple world, they have no issues constantly upgrading their products. It's why i like them.
If you want to use old crufty software, go use an MS solution.

if you're having software issues, i think it's unfair to call the 17" machine poor.
I think it's a fantastic product and i personally think Os X 10.8 and the software to go along with it (iLife) is top of class.
I use iTunes, iPhoto and garageband almost daily and can't fathom using other solutions.

EDIT: Just realised that Wab isn't the original poster. Sorry i can't offer anything else!