PDA

View Full Version : Found an Iphone

zed
25th January 2013, 03:39 PM
I found a Iphone 4s, looks very new. Can't get into it as it is disabled. Was going to either take it to Optus (it has an Optus sim card) or the Police, but then thought is the owner going to get it back if I hand it in to either of these? I used to be with Optus and the staff at my local store weren't the sharpest tools in the shed. They would probably eat it. Was thinking about dropping it in at the Apple store? Thoughts? I'd be stoked if I lost my phone and then it got handed back to me so I would like this girl or guy to get their phone back!

bennyling
25th January 2013, 03:42 PM
Plug it into iTunes, which might give you the owner's name, which you can then find on Facebook and send a message to?

julee86
25th January 2013, 03:49 PM
Can you hold down the home button and try some command like "Call dad" or "Call mum" to see if that works? What I usually do is I would keep the phone charged in case the owner attempts to call his/her own number. Or friends :)

nwinters
25th January 2013, 04:30 PM
Or use Siri (if enabled when locked) to ask "who am I?" this should give the owners details.

Peter Wells
25th January 2013, 05:33 PM
Pop the sim out for a second, write down the number, then hit up Optus on twitter, I'm sure they can track down the owner that way...

Peter Wells
26th January 2013, 09:13 AM
Optus said go to a store:

icant
26th January 2013, 01:30 PM
Charge it, leave it on, and wait for owner to come to you?

nibbles
26th January 2013, 05:00 PM
Funnily enough I found an iPhone this morning, though it's totally smashed and all I can manage is voice control, not even Siri. If the owner wants it back, I guess they'll call or use find my iPhone, though if everything is in iTunes I'd not be looking for it because its stuffed.

I've charged it and there haven't been any calls or texts.