PDA

View Full Version : Mail in the last two OSs just not right...

woofy
20th January 2013, 09:53 PM
I know I have seen others post it, but with Lion, my mail tended to have issues with gmail...if I open it "fresh" no problem. If I let the mac run or go to sleep etc, mail always has issues with connecting to both mine and my wifes gmail...and lately I've noticed icloud having the same issue. Restart it and all is happy...until it goes to sleep....it just sits there with the exclamation marks.. I know others hoped it would be fixed with mountain lion....but so far still the issues...did anyone find a good fix?

I've tried clearing out the passwords in keyfinder and reentering them....deleting the account and readding...nothing seems to fix it.

silverbelt
21st January 2013, 07:31 AM
I've got the same issue. All my mail accounts will show the ! and are unable to be manually taken online. Only way to resolve it is to restart Mail. Pain in the butt, wish there was a proper fix for this.

Peter Wells
21st January 2013, 08:46 AM
I've just gotten used to force quitting mail since 10.7...

Have to bounce it all the time.

Oldmacs
21st January 2013, 09:21 AM
It NEVER quits when you try and shutdown with it open- Its dodgy :/

Peter Wells
21st January 2013, 09:25 AM
Still, I put up with it cos of data detectors. I wish they were system wide like on iOS...

Erwin
21st January 2013, 10:01 AM
Mail had heaps of issues for me with Exchange and Gmail - to the extend I've recently ended up using Microsoft Outlook.

Oldmacs
21st January 2013, 10:05 AM
Oh Well- I still use it despite it all- I like it better than the alternatives.