PDA

View Full Version : Picture messages with Galaxy S2

Laneyy
20th January 2013, 07:06 PM
Anyone having any problems sending or receiving picture messages to a Galaxy S2? My girlfriend and mum have one each and their picture messages either don't come or are unsupported

morebroadband
21st January 2013, 08:12 AM
This is very likely an issue with your/their mobile carrier, unless their phones are new and have not been set up for MMS as yet.

The quickest way to confirm this is to have them send themselves a mms (picture message). If they are successful then the MMS settings would be correct.

The next step would be confirm the size of the pictures are not too large. Depending on which Carrier they are with the limit is either 300kb or 500kb.

When sending from one carrier to another (specifically Vodafone to others) they could run into challenges. They can verify if the issue is with one carrier by sending to another friend/family member that is not on the carrier they are experiencing problems with.

Peter Wells
21st January 2013, 08:47 AM
yeah, my gf's galaxy used to never recieve photo MMS, but that was apparently a telstra thing..

Laneyy
21st January 2013, 10:11 AM
My girlfriend is on Optus, mums on Vodafone and I'm on Telstra. The thing that I don't understand is that they cans send and receive picture messages to other people fine, and so can I. I might try resetting the mms settings on all 3. And I'll try with small images too

julee86
21st January 2013, 03:45 PM
MMS doesn't work on my Galaxy Nexus too, no idea why. I've got all the settings as per the carrier's website but it just wouldn't 'download' the images :(