PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Dead

Switchlord
20th December 2012, 12:34 PM
Earlier today I tried to downgrade my iPod Touch 4th Gen from iOS 6.0.1 to 5.1.1. I did not succeed. After I gave up I tried to use my iPod but found that the screen is completely black, the device is unresponsive. iTunes does not detect my iPod and other programs like Tiny Umbrella don't detect it either. Any ideas on what has happened to my iPod and how to get it back in working order

Note: My Lock/Power button is broken and does not work.

Switchlord
20th December 2012, 06:15 PM
Anyone?

nibbles
20th December 2012, 06:20 PM
That'll be difficult I believe, is it totally dead? Try holding the power button and home button at the same time, never know the button might have just enough life in it to start the device.

Other option is RedSn0w which is a (software) tool from the jailbreaking community and can often start a seemingly non-functional device.

Switchlord
21st December 2012, 09:16 AM
Thank you for the help but unfortunately my lock button doesn't work. If you have any idea on fixing the button that would be appreciated. I'll take a look and see if RedSn0w works but i have doubts that it will even detect my iPod.

Switchlord
24th December 2012, 10:45 AM
Thank you so much! The RedSn0w option worked. I used the recovery fix tool and then used iTunes to restore. Thank you again.

nibbles
24th December 2012, 10:57 AM
No problem. :)