PDA

View Full Version : New Apple Store inů

bennyling
27th November 2012, 03:20 PM
Can't decide whether these jobs are for Adelaide or Hobart.

https://jobs.apple.com/au/search#location&t=0&sb=req_open_dt&so=1&lo=1*44*AUS|1*45*AUS&pN=0

"Various" could mean anywhere! :(

tcn33
27th November 2012, 04:03 PM
Clicking on each of the states reveals a list of locations - some of which are existing, some of which are (presumably) prospective and some of which sound very unlikely. (Cranbourne?)

I wouldn't read much into it.

http://d.pr/i/ka7T+

Goodbye
27th November 2012, 05:29 PM
They have Maroochydore which is where I work. It will be a cold day in hell before Apple ever opens a store here. It seems they have just listed several large centres for each state.

Shooter03
27th November 2012, 05:34 PM
There's one opening at fountain gate in Narre Warren soon.

Smokebelch
27th November 2012, 05:40 PM
They also have Buddina up here on the Sunshine Coast which seems an unusual location to be thinking about an Apple store. It'd be bloody good if they did open one up this way

decryption
27th November 2012, 06:54 PM
Apple hires staff to work in the stores within a store (e.g: Myer, JB Hi-Fi, etc.) - that's probably what they're hiring for in those areas you'd never think Apple would open a full blown store in.

sleek881
27th November 2012, 11:04 PM
They have Maroochydore which is where I work. It will be a cold day in hell before Apple ever opens a store here. It seems they have just listed several large centres for each state.

That might be related to the new Next Byte store that opened next to Harvey Norman in the Maroochy Homemakers Centre.

Steve_D
28th November 2012, 09:22 AM
Looks like Gizmodo reads Mactalks forums.

Apple Is Finally Opening An Adelaide Store | Gizmodo Australia (http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2012/11/apple-is-finally-opening-an-adelaide-store/)

Now if only they would actually read more than the headlines and realise that the listings are nothing more than placeholders.

mac_man_luke
28th November 2012, 01:22 PM
Damn i want an apple store in adelaide.

My work imac needs the HD replaced under the recall but i dont trust next byte etc and they will take too long :(

Oldmacs
28th November 2012, 01:56 PM
God don't take it to nexybyte- last time they took the 256 mb of ram out of our imac- we didn't notice till a year later. They also took our 1 gb out of the iBook g4, stuffed up the trackpad a broke plastic..... :(

nibbles
28th November 2012, 02:35 PM
Hmm, interestingly they don't have anything for the Illawarra/ South Coast region where we have Myer, MAC1, Leading Edge and probably more.

mac_man_luke, if there is a LeadingEdge around try them, they tend to be pretty good on repairs.

andelect
28th November 2012, 02:53 PM
Damn i want an apple store in adelaide.

My work imac needs the HD replaced under the recall but i dont trust next byte etc and they will take too long :(

I took my imac to Computer Depot on Unley Road. In first thing Monday and picked up Wednesday. All OK. Never been there before, and good service. You are right, Nextbyte would be at least week +.

Steve_D
28th November 2012, 03:00 PM
mac_man_luke, if there is a LeadingEdge around try them, they tend to be pretty good on repairs.

We have Next Byte in the city (who I'm pretty sure no longer do repairs) Comp Now at Norwood and Computer Depot over at Unley like Andelect mentioned.

There are not that many places that i would trust to do Apple repairs and not charge their own Apple repair tax.

This is also the reason why i usually attempt to do my own repairs.
The thought of leaving my machine with someone for a few days at a time freaks me out.

mac_man_luke
28th November 2012, 03:31 PM
mac centre at hindmarsh is the only mob i semi trust just cant be without it for more than a few hours in a week - its my main production machine.

Will most likely buy a new iMac, send this one in to get fixed then sell it. till then ill take my chances with the "dodgy" hd

bennyling
29th November 2012, 11:24 AM
And for the record, Next Byte definitely do repairs.

Undo your computer problems at Next Byte - Service and repairs available in store! - Next Byte (http://www.vision6.com.au/em/message/email/view.php?id=894646&u=12457)