PDA

View Full Version : Bootcamp

Kon1966
18th November 2012, 08:00 AM
Hi all having extreme trouble installing win 7 x64. My macbook pro is a mid 2010 model with osx 10.6.8 with..

2 internal hard disks and 1 superdrive in a usb case for mac. So I removed the superdrive and added a second 250gb second drive in a internal cradle.

I run bootcamp and set the whole second drive for windows. Insert my iso dvd and continue on. The mac boots and the single blinking windows icon is in the top left corner and does not go on. I have tried burnt versions and original versions. I have tried on first hdd and same problem. Windows will not begin installing.

I can format the second disk whichever way I want and the mac recognises the disk.

Has anyone come across this issue before.

Regards
Kon

Drifter
18th November 2012, 09:32 AM
google to check if your macbook pro is 64 bit.It`s a simple command on command line but I don`t remember it.
Hope it helps.

Kon1966
18th November 2012, 10:38 AM
It is core i7 and 64 bit.

Dambo
18th November 2012, 04:45 PM
Had the same problem myself. I think it will only work if you use the apple usb superdrive.
I got around it by creating the bootcamp partition on my MBP and installing it via firewire using another Mac.
It may also be worth trying this out.
Macbook Air – Install Windows 7 with Boot Camp without an External DVD Drive | a Tech-Recipes Tutorial (http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/9136/macbook-air-install-windows-7-with-boot-camp-without-an-external-dvd-drive/)