PDA

View Full Version : New Apple Store Opening!

jmr674
16th November 2012, 08:25 AM
Here's some gossip for everyone ...

Rumour has it that on 1st December 2012 - Apple Store Foutain Gate (Narre Warren Victoria) is opening ...

Alec Fraser
16th November 2012, 08:58 AM
With a Kath and Kim guest appearance no doubt...

jmr674
16th November 2012, 02:32 PM
With a Kath and Kim guest appearance no doubt...

Dear Mr & Mrs Apple,

A marketing ploy - give away free Apple t-shirts with the apple logo and "look at moi" written underneath ...

hah

kerr
16th November 2012, 09:02 PM
And the iPhone 5S will be out before Christmas.

TheAppleGenius
9th December 2012, 08:45 PM
So that didn't happen, lol. Anyone heard anything on an opening date since?

Biallystock
9th December 2012, 11:53 PM
What are the Mayans saying? :D

TheAppleGenius
9th December 2012, 11:53 PM
What are the Mayans saying? :D

Lol true!

jmr674
10th December 2012, 03:08 AM
It opens this Wednesday or Thursday ...

The big black board with the apple logo on it kinda confirms it too.

Lol true!

TheAppleGenius
10th December 2012, 06:30 AM
I posted a photo in the other topic, just a hunch that'll be this week?

tcn33
10th December 2012, 09:06 AM
Fountain Gate opens 15th December at noon.

http://d.pr/i/N0n7+

TheAppleGenius
10th December 2012, 09:53 AM
Fountain Gate opens 15th December at noon.

http://d.pr/i/N0n7+

Yes! Cheers

mitty
10th December 2012, 10:22 AM
Grrrrrr. I'm not going to bother with my normal rant about WE NEED AN APPLE STORE IN THE CBD.

Okay maybe I will.

Not everyone drives. I know that they can't please everyone, but there's a big chunk of inner city Melbourne who are inconvenienced by having to take multiple modes of Public transport to get to any of the now Four Apple Stores in Melbourne. Yes, I know we're getting one in the city eventually, but I still can't believe that it seems lower on the priority list than these Mall Stores. Not to mention not a single one of these stores has a simple public transport connection.

mence
10th December 2012, 10:25 AM
Is there a traditional time to turn up to get the shirt? It's quite a hike out to Fountain Gate.

Geoff3DMN
10th December 2012, 10:49 AM
Grrrrrr. I'm not going to bother with my normal rant about WE NEED AN APPLE STORE IN THE CBD

Yup I agree strongly with you.

Not to mention not a single one of these stores has a simple public transport connection.

The Doncaster Apple store at Doncaster shopping town is serviced as a single mode journey by the 201 bus from the CBD which takes about 45 minutes, no mode changes needed.

The North West Melbourne area store (Highpoint) will serviced by the Route 57 Light Rail (tram) from the CBD, again a simple one mode journey with no interchanges needed (and about the same time frame).

TheAppleGenius
10th December 2012, 10:59 AM
Is there a traditional time to turn up to get the shirt? It's quite a hike out to Fountain Gate.

I'd say probably half hour early?

PS are the shirts free? Never been to an opening myself

Geoff3DMN
10th December 2012, 06:01 PM
I'd say probably half hour early?

PS are the shirts free? Never been to an opening myself

There's normally a line up although as Apple stores in Australia have gotten more common line ups tend not to start so early. I'd suggest 30 minutes before opening would put you back in the line a way but probably early enough for a T-Shirt (which are free).

TheAppleGenius
10th December 2012, 06:26 PM
There's normally a line up although as Apple stores in Australia have gotten more common line ups tend not to start so early. I'd suggest 30 minutes before opening would put you back in the line a way but probably early enough for a T-Shirt (which are free).

Sweet, ill be there for sure

kerr
11th December 2012, 09:44 AM
1st December

It opens this Wednesday or Thursday ...

Your strike rate is very low :D

Biallystock
11th December 2012, 11:46 AM
Getting so some users automatically start queueing at the first sight of an unfamiliar oversize Apple logo.

Like Soviet era Poles for potatoes.

Perfectly understandable as we all know Apple is perpetually running out of their products, they are as hard to get as hen's teeth.

tcn33
11th December 2012, 12:06 PM
Get over yourself. You're on an Apple enthusiast site, don't bag others for being Apple enthusiasts.

Peter Wells
11th December 2012, 03:10 PM
Getting so some users automatically start queueing at the first sight of an unfamiliar oversize Apple logo.

Like Soviet era Poles for potatoes.

Perfectly understandable as we all know Apple is perpetually running out of their products, they are as hard to get as hen's teeth.

Bailly, Please try to make it through a full 24hr period without having a post reported.

Oldmacs
11th December 2012, 03:16 PM
You can have posts reported O.O
I probably have had some as well :P