PDA

View Full Version : Brand new 2011, 15" MBP for $900....Good deal?

BoyRobot
7th November 2012, 02:01 PM
Picked this up today...not quite sure if I got a good deal...can some seasoned Mac users help me out?

I went down to my local Myer today to look at a Macbook Air, and think about getting one....the sales guys told me about an unused MBP they had out the back, recently discovered in a stocktake...The external packaging is a little worse for wear but inside the unit is un-touched still in the plastic sleeve with all accessories.

Specs are, Intel i7 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 750G Hdd, 1GB graphics card....

It's not part of the current range, it the previous chassis, I believe back to when there was still a 'Macbook' and no MBA...

Should I sell and get something more current or will this be OK?

My main use is email, web, word processing, excel, powerpoint, not much media as I have an iMac where I store all my media and basically where will do most of my writing...

No problem right?

Lorenz
7th November 2012, 03:28 PM
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me!
2nd hand 2011 i7 MBPs still sell for around $1500

Geoff3DMN
7th November 2012, 03:37 PM
It's a terrible terrible deal... and I don't want to see you ripped off so...

I'll take it off your hands for $900 and you'll be good ok :innocent:

mjankor
7th November 2012, 03:38 PM
If you don't buy it, can you tell me which Myer has it? I might be interested in that.

BoyRobot
7th November 2012, 03:41 PM
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me!
2nd hand 2011 i7 MBPs still sell for around $1500

Holy crap!!! OK....guess I'm happy with that then! My lucky day.

sickbunny
7th November 2012, 03:47 PM
$900 is a good price if its one of the silver unibody ones.

Alec Fraser
7th November 2012, 03:50 PM
That's a seriously good deal!! Have they got more than one??

BoyRobot
7th November 2012, 04:06 PM
That's a seriously good deal!! Have they got more than one??

No, apparently it was just the one, they found it by accident in a recent stocktake...

Alec Fraser
7th November 2012, 04:09 PM
Well snap it up man!! :D

BoyRobot
7th November 2012, 04:14 PM
Well snap it up man!! :D

I did! I got it!!:D

MisterFnord
7th November 2012, 08:00 PM
I've been lucky enough to score a similar deal from Myers a few years back (wasn't a Mac though - got a DLP projector unused, box was slightly scuffed and damaged for about 60% off RRP ) the guy i spoke with at the time said apparently it's common for them to mark-down end of stock items where there is one or two units left by 50% or more. Grab a deal when you see them!

Basti
7th November 2012, 09:38 PM
If you already have an iMac why did you get such a large laptop if you didn't already know it's a bloody good deal? Sounds to me it's more humble brag than anything else :naughty:

mjankor
7th November 2012, 09:59 PM
If you already have an iMac why did you get such a large laptop if you didn't already know it's a bloody good deal? Sounds to me it's more humble brag than anything else :naughty:

1) Whinge more
2) Some people need large machines. eg: I run a 27" iMac and a 17" MBP.

hokka
7th November 2012, 10:13 PM
SorrY wrong post - mod pls delete