PDA

View Full Version : Boxes of old Mac Software and hardware available FREE to good home - Ryde / Sydney

MacOldTimer
7th November 2012, 10:24 AM
All,

I have many boxes of old Mac gear I would love to go to a new home.

I am an IT consultant who started in one of the first Apple Dealers in Sydney way back in 1982. With almost 30 years supporting Apple I have accumulated a huge stockpile of software and hardware that I no longer use.

On offer are original packages of Photoshop, Illustrator, Retrospect, Toast, Filemaker, and many more. There are also hundreds of "floppies" of many apps, but I no longer have any machines with working floppy drives. They are all for earlier model PPC machines, some discs even back for Mac 512 to Mac Plus. There are also SCSI cables, Drives, plus many more, etc. I would really like it to go in one lot.

If this is of interest please let me know as I would prefer to donate it to someone who can use it.

Note: this is "NOT" current versions of the software & will only work on old Vintage Mac's. I really would hate to have someone take it thinking it's newer stuff and then chucking it in the bin as they can't get it to work.

Please advise ASAP as we are moving house soon and don't want to take it if possible.

I look forward to hearing from someone who is keen to add to their vintage mac collection.

leon
7th November 2012, 10:38 AM
I'm interested if your willing to ship to Melbourne. My software collection is quite lacking.

Do you have a serial cable for a QuickTake camera?

I'm also after boxed 10.3, so if your not willing to send the whole lot, then a serial cable and 10.3 are what I need the most.

Thank you.

MacOldTimer
7th November 2012, 10:49 AM
Sorry, no quicktake cable. I have a boxed 10.3 but not letting that go yet.

+ for others, pickup from Sydney only. Thanks.

ajbeardy
7th November 2012, 10:52 AM
If anybody wants me to pick something up for them and cover the cost of post I can do. I live in Ryde and happy to assist.

leon
7th November 2012, 11:04 AM
Cool. Let me know when you eventually want to part with 10.3.

neoxide
7th November 2012, 11:15 AM
I'm sure Oldmacs would love some of this, and he's in Sydney.

I'd take all of what you've got, but I'm in Melbourne and not planning a trip up there anytime soon, unfortunately!

Oldmacs
7th November 2012, 11:29 AM
I would like some stuff but I am very limited on transport and space :(
Is there any chance of photos? I can say I couldn't take it all :(

midnight_e
7th November 2012, 03:35 PM
Pretty interested in this.
Have a collection of ppc macs, G3 beige tower (with untested floppy drive), couple of G3 iMacs, G4's which include sawtooth, quicksilver, few MDD's, few G5's.
Notebooks include a couple of G3 iBooks and a couple of 17in PowerBooks.

Great to have some software to load onto these machines.
I have a few applications, also all OS's from 10.2 onwards.

Happy to pass on unwanted software to other Mactalkers.

Can pickup anytime over the next few days.
Are we talking a carload here, hopefully not a truckload ?