PDA

View Full Version : 15" MacBook Pro with Retina yellow tinge?

Kwoka
29th October 2012, 11:11 PM
Hi Guys

I bought a MBPR on the weekend and was comparing it with my Mid 2009 15" MBP and noticed that my old laptop is so much whiter than compared to the new Retina display.

i know the retina displays are having the IR problems and the panel i have received is made by Samsung which i believe doesn't have the IR problem.

Do you guys think it is worth the risk to exchange it for a new display?

I need your advice and help!

bennyling
30th October 2012, 12:20 AM
Could just be a colour temperature difference that you're seeing, similar to how the iPhone 5's display is warmer than the 4/S.

But, as always, if you're not 100% happy with your Apple product you should take it back for a replacement: even if you do get an LG panel, you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet.

DannyX
31st October 2012, 08:03 AM
It might just need 'calibrating'. Colour is a bit of a relative thing, in that it differs depending on lighting and even the colour of the objects in the room. You can play around with the colorsync utility or if you are serious about accurate colour on your mac I'd recommend a Spyder 4 display calibrator Datacolor Spyder4PRO (http://spyder.datacolor.com/portfolio-view/spyder4pro/) I've used one of these before and they are great, but pricey so only really worth it if you are into very accurate colour reproduction.

So I would say with your macbook I imagine it is a calibration thing, if you have bootcamp boot into windows (to eliminate the possible mac OS influence) and see if your whites still have that tinge. :D

simonm
7th November 2012, 03:51 PM
I thought Apple individually calibrated each display before shipping...isn't that what they said during the keynote or does this only apply to the new iMacs?

I'm thinking of picking up a base-model 15" rMBP. I've read conflicting reports about whether the new retina MacBook Pro displays are full sRGB colour gamut. My impression from seeing them in the shops is that they aren't because they didn't pop as much as the new iPhone 5. I'm sure if they were then Apple would be marketing it.

Does anyone else have further information or have they run a Spyder calibration to determine?