PDA

View Full Version : importing video files to iPod, audio loss

Jazarus
27th December 2005, 03:29 AM
Hi,

I've been madly importing video to iPod the last few days and I've encountered a problem with Quicktime's encoding of Mpeg's in to m4v format in that it only imports the video but not the sound, this has also happened when I was exporting avi to m4v for playing into the iPod with video.

So far this has happened 3 out of 7 times I've encoded. Has anyone else encountered this? It takes insanely long already just to export movies to iPod and when this happens it is really annoying.

Cheers,
Jazarus

jeremy_warnock
27th December 2005, 10:35 AM
Yes I had had the very same issue. Quicktime also takes foreve to export any video for ipod so I find that quicktime is just not an option. I have 2 suggestions one for mac and one for pc both work everytime and are 100 times faster then quick time

for the mac use handbrake
for the pc use PQ DVD to iPod Video Converter

depending on your platform the solution above will fix all your problems

Jazarus
27th December 2005, 01:15 PM
thanks heaps mate, Ill give them a whurl.

Jazarus
27th December 2005, 02:54 PM
Spectre from #apple irc chat pointed me to an app called FFmpegX , this seems like a very good app for this purpoase as well.

I am still playing around with them, but it is very apparent that they are much faster than quicktime

Jazarus
27th December 2005, 06:28 PM
ffmpegxx is great! ive been encoding all day now non-stop, not really for the pro video editing/encoding type but excellent if you just want to put stuff on your iPod with video

http://img283.imageshack.us/img283/3126/fffmpegood2zu.jpg