PDA

View Full Version : What will we see at Apple Expo Paris?

Disko
27th August 2004, 10:23 AM
The Apple Expo will start on August 31st and finish on 4th September. My predictions: ;) The new iMac G5
iSight 2 (with no new features)
either an iPod 60GB or an apple tablet portable with the internal 60GB HD
HP branded iPod
a video chat with Steve Jobs
But there's always a 'wow' factor in Apple releases, and since apple spoiled the surprise by announcing the iMac G5 earlier - i think they might have something up their sleeve.

I saw this ad online today: http://www.appletalk.com.au/disko/6614.gif
(and another one here (http://www.appletalk.com.au/disko/supercomp.gif))
Now, "super computer on your desk - next?" - well to that i say "supercomputer on your lap." So here i go again, starting speculation that we'll see a powerbook G5 at the Paris expo. :)

What are your predictions?

Disko
27th August 2004, 10:28 AM
To add to this speculation of a G5 powerbook (or powerbook update of some kind):

Apple's french site features a pic of a powerbook in regards to the apple expo... *ques xfiles music*

Disko
27th August 2004, 10:39 AM
aand while i'm speculating, the .mac account which hosted this image has since been deleted.

Is it something more or just a display?

estoyloco
27th August 2004, 10:58 AM
man.. thats a cool advertisment.. very cheeky...

NEXT?

enough rumors to fill up 4 days of forum browsing...

i like your idea of a tablet or PDA witha 60GB... doesnt mean it will happen..but that would be the best PDA...

a G5 powerbook doesnt seem to be possible cos appledont have any pre-announcement specials that make you feel better about owning an oolder powerbook that is now more expensive,slower, less features than the latest powerbook that just came out a few days later....

like the free ipod with powerbook, or thefree ram, bag etc..

usually when they plan to ram you with their latest prices they make the blow a little less painful.... i was nearly the biggest vicitim, i nearly bought a 17" 1.33GHZ machine new for $5499 (not on edu) to get the free ipod... couple days/weeks later teh new model was released for $4499or $3958 with reduced edu prices too!...soo i was lucky.. but others werent! seing as nextbytes stock was running out really quuick and soo many 20GB ipods were appearing on ebay/tradingpost for sale.. indicating that mant had fallen for the promo!! poor souls..

anyways thats my theory on why we might not see the G5's... notto mention all the other more credible issues..

eni
27th August 2004, 03:28 PM
Maybe the non education targeted iMac (Read: The ones with optical drives...) use those orders for mini HDs to act as a semi-tablet computer. Think similar iMac arm as we have now, combined with the headless idea with enough of the components built behind the LCD to act as a tablet but when plugged back onto the arm it functions at full power again (Ports? Optical drives? A second HD?).

If that idea isn't crazy then it's probably been suggested before, but I haven't had time to read forums or rumours lately.

That or a bigger iPod.

p996911turbo
27th August 2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Disko@Aug 27 2004, 10:28 AM
To add to this speculation of a G5 powerbook (or powerbook update of some kind):

Apple's french site features a pic of a powerbook in regards to the apple expo... *ques xfiles music*
Apple's French site now has the new displays with a reference to the expo...

And I like the screen cap you've got there, "Worms of new perspective"!

Phillip
27th August 2004, 10:10 PM
the ads reminds me of the teasers apple had in 2002 when the "new" imac came out...

what i think we would see;

- Brief mention of updated iSight
- Phil bragging about 13 - 14 Million os x users
- Some copycat, i mean tiger, news and how its gonna kick lh when lh isn't even in beta.
- iPod mini software update and more bragging how there are improving the mini to its older brother
- itunes, itunes, more itunes and 70% market share. 125(?) million songs. blah blah blah.
- more music news and bragging how cool airport is
- ichatting with steve, or just surprising everyone and doing the keynote
- mention how innovative apple is, and to innovate is apple strategy. how apple is revolutiosing everything.

oh yeah. and the imac g5 too. :P

not gonna be there...
- powerbook g5. at least macworld but my guess is wwdc 05 shipping oct 05
- video ipod. toast making ipod.
- tablet mac
- apple tv

Cam
27th August 2004, 10:23 PM
Anyone heard of publicity?

Its a stunt.. I think..

If the G5 powerbook does exist its been kept in pretty good secrecy.. unlike most apple products..

aswitcher
28th August 2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Disko@Aug 27 2004, 10:23 AM
The Apple Expo will start on August 31st and finish on 4th September. My predictions: ;) The new iMac G5
iSight 2 (with no new features)
either an iPod 60GB or an apple tablet portable with the internal 60GB HD
HP branded iPod
a video chat with Steve Jobs

iMac G5 - of course

Paris Apple store timetable...

video chat with Steve

Phone deal and itunes

New computer to sit between the emac and imac, the so called tablet portable, which uses all wireless to allow keyboard and mouse, runs a G4, with limited capacity for ram and hdd, and expansion but cheaper than the G5 iMac and for entry level users and those wanting a second machine for less resource intensive tasks...and when its not in use it is a picture frame or possibly even a tv... dream time stuff...

Ozi
28th August 2004, 09:02 PM
I love all this speculationship! Its kinda....

"The home of event bigness!" (quote from chanel 10 ad I just saw)

That's some of the worst English I have ever heard!

Sorry... just thought you should know.

Anyways...

"Fujitsu Plasma Vision!" (said as Fujitsu Plasrazison by Mark Taylor) LMAO

sorry distracted again.

By the way, Im watching TV while I type this, in case you didn't guess. Also, I reckon that we will see the new iPod with 60GB, obviously a video thing with Steve, and hopefully NO new powerbook. I like having the best. :P No new update for at least three years. LMAO that would be perfect.

~Ozi

Currawong
29th August 2004, 08:13 AM
Those pictures are a suspected hoax (and I'm fairly certain they are as well). There's a pretty good mock-up here (http://macosrumors.com/82704E2.php) though by its own admission it's probably pretty far from correct.

What I can't understand is, after popularising the movable screen of the iMac for so long, why Apple would even consider a fixed screen, unless they planned to ditch the eMac down the line. I suspect Apple have an ace up their sleeve nobody has considered yet.

eni
29th August 2004, 10:55 AM
I still say the new iMac will still have the movable arm, even if everything else is built behind the lcd.

Quasar
29th August 2004, 07:33 PM
Though I'm not really expecting it, I'd really like to see updated Powerbooks and iBooks announced.

Disko
31st August 2004, 12:36 PM
5 1/2 hours to go - any last minute predictions?

Quamen
31st August 2004, 12:58 PM
I predict a flying saucer.....and a tea cup.

No really I'd just prefer to wait and see. But I do like the idea that's been floating around of the new iMac having a detachable tablet PC monitor. That would be oh so cool. You could get a desktop and laptop in one :)