PDA

View Full Version : iCal alerts - how to prevent alerts appearing for an unselected calendar?

smrawlinson
6th September 2012, 10:49 PM
Hi, I was hoping someone might be able to help me out with what I would think would be a straightforward issue.

Just a bit of background about what I am trying to do. Currently I am living overseas, however my father who has early stage Alzheimer's is still back in Australia. I am trying to use technology as best I can to keep in contact and help out whenever possible. I have setup his computer with my mac login so that I can access Back-To-My-Mac and other things so that I can help him out. I also setup a Calendar for my father for reminders etc that would by synced with my iCloud so that I could easily add reminders and entries into his iCal for him. So I synced my Calendars to his computer and de-selected all my personal Calendars so he can't see them.

Now the problem: even though I have deselected all my Calendars on his mac, he still receives all my personal alerts! Also, vice-versa, I get all his reminders on all my devices (which is slightly frustrating when I get a reminder for "lunch", "dinner" in the middle of the night). How do I prevent alerts appearing on a Mac, iPhone, iPad even when those Calendars are not selected??

icant
6th September 2012, 10:59 PM
You can right-click on each Calendar/iCal calendar, and disable alerts. I think that's what you want.