PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to buy...

hotfoot
31st August 2012, 03:06 AM
Hey guys,

Anyone know even remotely where to start looking to by an LC575 or LC580 (Performa 580CD)? There are a couple in the US but they are at least $500 with shipping...

Cheers,

Nic

kyte
31st August 2012, 05:28 AM
Hey guys,

Anyone know even remotely where to start looking to by an LC575 or LC580 (Performa 580CD)? There are a couple in the US but they are at least $500 with shipping...

Cheers,

Nic

Maybe try gumtree, or become more active here and advertise in WTB when you have enough posts and a decent rep so someone might sell one to you?

neoxide
31st August 2012, 12:50 PM
Where are you located? I might have one or two spare. 'Might' being the key word! I'll need to check...

soulman
4th September 2012, 08:06 PM
I've got an LC575 in good working order. It should be neoxide's by now, but he hasn't picked it up yet. :)

neoxide
6th September 2012, 11:10 AM
I've got an LC575 in good working order. It should be neoxide's by now, but he hasn't picked it up yet. :)

Email sent! I think...

Byrd
6th September 2012, 11:41 AM
LC575 and 580s are very common on the ground, having been a staple of many schools in the time. A bit of looking around will secure you one without any money.

soulman
6th September 2012, 02:43 PM
Email sent! I think...Oops, yes you did. Replied. :)

hotfoot
7th September 2012, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Where are you located? I might have one or two spare. 'Might' being the key word! I'll need to check...

I'm inner west, but I travel all over pretty regularly. Let me know when you've sussed out your stock :)

LC575 and 580s are very common on the ground, having been a staple of many schools in the time. A bit of looking around will secure you one without any money.

Whereabouts should I be looking? Schools? Or are there any sort of computer recycle/trade type services that schools use?

Cheers,

Nic

Byrd
7th September 2012, 12:47 PM
That sounds a bit creepy now doesn't it :p

Here in Victoria, the old LC575 and 580s were the staple of many primary schools in the day. Just give it a few months, one will turn up cheap - or drive around like a scavenger in hard rubbish to get one quicker :)

The 575 is definately the better machine, with the better Trinitron display and better quality plastics. On the other hand the 580 is cheaper, but as least you can use an IDE hard disk, and it's potentially more upgradable.

hotfoot
7th September 2012, 01:01 PM
That sounds a bit creepy now doesn't it :p

Here in Victoria, the old LC575 and 580s were the staple of many primary schools in the day. Just give it a few months, one will turn up cheap - or drive around like a scavenger in hard rubbish to get one quicker :)

The 575 is definately the better machine, with the better Trinitron display and better quality plastics. On the other hand the 580 is cheaper, but as least you can use an IDE hard disk, and it's potentially more upgradable.

Righto well I'll keep my ears pricked. I used to use a 580CD at primary school, loaded with goodies like spin doctor, spectre challenge and afterdark screensavers - with lunatic fringe of course ;)

macman142
12th September 2012, 11:47 AM
Nic, check out this one on ebay at the moment:

Vintage Apple Macintosh LC 575 NO-GO | eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261094424278)

Says it's not working but I've emailed the seller and he's not found the keyboard, hence it not powering on... He didn't know.

He's going to find the keyboard and test it. I'm not interested in buying it but as soon as I saw, I had a feeling it was a noob at the wheel.

Send him a message and see if you can go buy it off him.

DebB
9th October 2012, 12:24 PM
I still have some keyboards here somewhere if you need one. I think...