PDA

View Full Version : No external 3.5mm mic input on Mountain Lion

Mutters
28th August 2012, 11:28 PM
Can't find any threads about this, although someone out there has put a ticket into Apple.

Anyone here got any ideas?

From what I hear it worked on Lion - I know it works on Snow Leopard, because that's how I have to do it now.

Record audio on one machine, and then transfer it to the working one - - boring - time wasting - can't charge for it!

I've tried Midi settings - no luck. The only thing that gets remotely there is Prefs where it hints at a USB mic working on the Thunderbolt display!

I don't have one of those (USB mic), but willing to give it a go, if there's a thumbs up out there.

Scratching--scratching

EDIT:
Think it's sorted
Forgot to say it's with a rMBP.
You have to have a four terminal pin for it to be recognised.
It works okay with the mic headset from the iPhone - I think that's where it cam from.
Trouble is, I don't have any four pin mics.

nibbles
29th August 2012, 01:50 PM
Wonder whether such an adaptor exists that takes the 4-pin config and turns it into an audio out (3-pin) and an audio in (2-pin)?

Otherwise maybe look at getting a usb audio in, i.e Griffin iMic or a Behringer one Behringer: U-CONTROL UCA202 (http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UCA202.aspx)

Mutters
29th August 2012, 05:32 PM
Yeah, I'm going to look for a converter like that. I have to reasonably serious Rodes, so I'd like to continue with those, but will also consider the usb option.
Thanks for the link :)

Just realised I have one of those Griffin iMics - testing it now. ------ Works!