PDA

View Full Version : Xskn v iSkin

BretM
26th August 2004, 05:00 PM
Hi there,

I am looking for a protective "skin" for my 4G - 40gb iPod. I have looked at the Xskn and the iSkin. I would appreciate any opinions from users of these products. What would you all buy???

Thanks

Bret

Disko
26th August 2004, 05:12 PM
iSkin only released their 4g skin a couple of days ago: http://www.iskin.com/

I've tried neither btw. :)

Sausage_Dog
29th August 2004, 11:09 PM
where is the iskin sold???

spargo
29th August 2004, 11:27 PM
I am also trying to decide which case to get.. I've only had my 4G iPod for 5 days and am paranoid about scratching it etc..

What were the 3G versions of the iSkin like, and, are they the best option for non-genuine covers/cases if you want something that covers the screen but still allows the use of the wheel? - the genuine Apple black case doesn't seem too practical unless you use a remote (which i don't..)

Any comments/suggestions on cases would be well appreciated.

cheers,

jy6
31st August 2004, 06:17 PM
I have an iSkin for the 3g iPod, actually I have owned both the exo2 and the evo versions where the evo is the newer one and I must say that I have been very satisified with them. The newer model is slightly thinner at the top so I can use my iTrip and iTalk with it.

The bad things are that dust seems to stick to them (but its easily removed) and the screen protectors while they are excellent at protecting the screen as a whole arent so good because they have these tiny rubber feet on each corner that mark the iPod a bit (it doesnt scratch but it leaves a mark that can be removed).

I have never tried an xskn so I cant say much about them. But I would guess that its quite similar.

And I got my iSkin from Try and Byte (tryandbyte.com.au)

If you need any more info let me know.

jobe
6th September 2004, 02:26 PM
i have just recieved an exo3 skin. It's ... ok. Looks cool and feels cool but has a few issues. The hold button isn't that accessible. and it grabs fluf, hair, dust andything it comes into contact with. It came out of my pocket with a layer of furr. I'm actually considering leaving it unprotected :ph34r: I think it looks better and for the 3gs easier to navigate because the silicon is grippy and the scroll wheel becomes awkward.

and the ishades is really thick and ugly. To top it from having a weir spot where it has best contact with the screen, I put a droplet of water under neath it. Works until it gets pushed a bit and a big bubble starts forming.

Sausage_Dog
6th September 2004, 03:57 PM
ordered my iskin in wasibi the other day, should be here this week some time.

BretM
7th September 2004, 05:51 PM
Hi there,

So has anyone got a 4G iSkin yet? If so where did you get it from?

Thanks

Bret

Sausage_Dog
7th September 2004, 08:11 PM
i have ordered mine from Street Wise (http://www.streetwise.com.au) when i ordered it the estimated time of avrival was 6th of september, but now it has gone up to the 16th :unsure: so now i have to wait until then possibly. I decied to order it when my ipod blew up and it was replaced. i have been trying to use it as little as possible so that i dont get it scratched. i was think of wraping it in cling wrap until then but i thought that was a bit to extreme.

BretM
7th September 2004, 11:28 PM
I purchased a XtremeMac - Xtremity case for my 40 GB 4G in the interim. I will use that in the car etc but will get an iskin when available. I was hoping to get one before my next holiday which is on the 22nd of September. I might have to wait and use the case I have. It is good protection but a little too bulky..

Cheers

Bret

BretM
15th September 2004, 06:28 PM
So has anyone got either an iskin or eskn for their 4G iPod yet?

spargo
17th September 2004, 03:04 AM
I'll be heading into London City tomorrow morning and will be looking for one then..

I scratched the screen on my 4th gen on the flight over, having put off buying one of the apple cases because I wanted to get an iSkin when i got here..

Will report back with some comments if I manage to get one.

MadMuggle
2nd August 2005, 07:19 AM
I had an 'Arctic' iSkin for my 30g iPhoto, I loved it apart from the crappy belt clip which ultimately sealed it's doom: walking across the road a few days ago it feel off my belt and shattered on the road. The bad news: The iSkin it dead - shattered screen and belt clip. The good news: My iPod is fine, so I guess it sort of did it's job.

I'm looking at the STM Cocoon and the Booq Podpaq in Denim to replace my deceased iSkin. Can anyone tell me if they are any good or if there are any other good ones out there? I have an AirPlay which I use all the time so I need to be able to use that and I'd like a lot of protection for carrying around in my school bag all day (which is why I'm leaning towards the Cocoon - but could a sillicone case fit inside it instead of that crappy clear case?), and a belt clip or something too... Thanks!

tryandbyte
2nd August 2005, 11:51 PM
MadMuggle: Did you want a replacement screen protector and belt clip? I would be more than happy to send you a set, just PM me your address and I will get that sorted.