PDA

View Full Version : Darwin kernel panic with Mountain Lion

dickg
16th August 2012, 03:55 PM
Ever since I bought ML my screen has started up in black with line upon line, starting with Darwin Kernel Panic. The Apple bloke has tried to help, including sending my pics taken from my iPad (I couldn't make a screenshot) to their engineers. They can't offer a solution.

I can reboot by typing 'exit' but this should not happen.

I googled 'Darwin kernel panic Mountain Lion' and found myself on an Apple support page and it seems like I am not Robinson Crusoe.

Anyone with a similar problem, or better still, a solution?

Dickg

The Fluffy Duck
17th August 2012, 12:57 AM
I believe its to do with bluetooth drivers. got any wireless keyboards or alike connected?

dickg
17th August 2012, 11:52 AM
Interesting thought, but I think Apple would have made the connection. If you are right, maybe an update will fix it.

Thanks for your response.

The Fluffy Duck
17th August 2012, 09:37 PM
You think they would but they over looked it despite people letting them know since the first developer release. Its brought on by putting your computer to sleep with ANY bluetooth device connected. Like clockwork! Since iOS, OSX has gone down hill in terms of drivers, and general stability and features.

dickg
18th August 2012, 03:18 PM
Ooh, interesting! A mate brought over his USB keyboard and mouse. Worked fine, so I'll raise it again with Apple. Thanks pal.

dickg
20th August 2012, 05:28 PM
This is my response to concerned parties, including the Apple guy:

"Someone at MacTalk suggested that this problem could be related to Bluetooth issues. I downloaded Mountain Lion again (lucky I have a big data allowance!) and fired up my iMac before I connected my keyboard and mouse. I did this three or four times and then connected the Bluetooth stuff and it worked fine. Then I powered up the keyboard and mouse before booting the iMac and had the same kernel problem, so I would say the person at MacTalk is on the money.

Any thoughts?"