PDA

View Full Version : Retina MBP stock

braex27
10th August 2012, 10:57 PM
So I bought a retina MBP - ordered, rather - from JB Hifi (they had 10% which was more of a discount than the education discount from Apple).

That was two and a half weeks ago. At the time of purchase, I was assured that two were on their way and one of them was to fulfil my order. It would happen in one and a half weeks. Didn't happen.

I was then told, a further week perhaps. Takes us to today. Didn't happen.

Went in the store today. Stock of the baseline retina MBPs is 'constrained'. But there are some on display, which there wasn't before.

Another three to four weeks. Maybe, they said.

That was a little rant. I actually do have some questions -

1. Is there retina MBP stock anywhere in Sydney? Or Australia for that matter?

2. Has anyone been able to get their hands on one in the past week or two?

3. Given that Apple's shipping standards for retina MBPs are now reduced to 5 - 7 business days, is JB's advice to me of three to four weeks reasonable?

Thoughts? Rants? Advice?

maclab
11th August 2012, 09:05 AM
Mine took 6 weeks from JB ...... never again

braex27
11th August 2012, 12:09 PM
Add another three to four weeks on the time I have already waited will take me to about six weeks. Annoying.

braex27
12th August 2012, 03:27 PM
Well, apparently JB were misinformed. But in a good way!

I got my RMBP yesterday afternoon!

Apparently the JB stores got a shipment yesterday - in Sydney city at least - so if you're in the market for one, now's probably a good time.

bassmanbliss
20th August 2012, 03:10 PM
I ordered one through my preferred reseller two weeks ago. It is a standard 2.6ghz i7 with the only CTO option being 16GB RAM. My estimated delivery date was today until I called and have now been told the new ED is the 21st September.................