PDA

View Full Version : MBP - No Boot - Mountain Lion

bakeraus
5th August 2012, 03:51 AM
Hey,

So my MacBook Pro was running like a dreamm....new OSX on it and just performing like a boss.

I thought hmmm..maybe I should repair the disk permissions and verify just to make sure its all good. So I did it and said there was an issue with the disk permission and I needed to restart and run in recovery mode. So I thought ok sounds straight forward went for it and boom....not working. Recovery mode cant fix the issues you will need to reinstall through repair and first aid. Mac wont boot just get the spinning wheel and then loading bar to around 20% then it just shuts down.

I then thought ok ill just reinstall ML through the recovery process but I cant even do that now. When I go to select the hard to install on it says the hard drives is locked and cant be selected its grey. I have tried to install from external USB but that just takes me to the recovery mode again.

Has any one got an idea of whats happening? I did some googling and its just coming back with the question and no answers.

I might try and reinstall Mac OSX Lion and then try ML all fresh. I have had a logic replaced on my MBP and they didnt put the serial back maybe thats coursing the issue?

Thanks guys and gals

Mucho lovo :)

step_andy
5th August 2012, 08:36 AM
Is MBP under warranty? Sounds like a trip to the genius bar.
Alternatively, can you launch disk tools when booted from ML USB? If yes, check HD from there. If not, try Lion DVD.

bakeraus
5th August 2012, 03:50 PM
Not under warranty and im in Helsinki at the moment so no big Mac store here its all sent away for repair. Ive tried all the disk utilities from the ML boot and its not working looks like a fresh install :cry: