PDA

View Full Version : MacBook Pro 2009 problems

wildcat1451
30th July 2012, 06:36 PM
So, been having this problem for a while now. Occasionally (once or twice a day), Lion will just freeze up on me and i have to force it to shut down as nothing will respond. After I do this, it will not boot and will sit there with apple logo and spinning wheel for an hour or so. If i do a PRAM reset it will boot up normally, however does not fix the problem. This has been happening since i updated my graphics driver with the latest Nvidia drivers, which is the only other thing I have done besides replacing my Hard Drive, and the problem has persisted even with a new Hard Drive. Since then, I have installed a new hard drive, and done several clean installs, including upgrading to Mountain Lion.

Recently, a new problem has emerged as well, my apps in the background such as mail and itunes will crash and i will be unable to re-open them. It says i have run out of space or something similar. Even though I have 128gb Vertex 4 SSD. With abtou 115gb free space. Rebooting temporarily fixes the problem. Similarly, a clean install has not fixed this problem!! Am getting very frustrated and need some urgent help. If anyone can that would be fantastic.

Thanks.

wildcat1451
1st August 2012, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the help everyone

hithere
15th August 2012, 12:27 AM
I guess this could be anything... is Mountain Lion still crashes after a clean install? If so, I guess the cause was not GPU driver.

Sounds like HD replacement with SSD might be a possible cause. If you have an external HD, install Mountain Lion on it and boot up your computer that for and use it for a day, if it does not crash, you know it is a faulty SSD.

Thommo37
17th August 2012, 04:05 PM
It may mean a new logic (mother) board . May mean a $1000 job for replacement and fitting . From personal experience recently . My MBP was purchased Feb 2008 , prior to that I had a G4 iBook (purchased '04) and never had any one thing go wrong in all the time I had them , until recently .
I thought $1000 was cheaper than a new Mac so promptly okayed repair . Your case is different in the fact that you have already out-layed a considerable amount in repairs ! I also have Mac (Scots) blood in my genetic structure . Good luck .

mjankor
17th August 2012, 05:42 PM
Run memtest. It could be something as simple as a dodgy memory stick.
Doesn't sound like it, but it's worth a check to at least remove that as an issue.

StephenO
30th August 2012, 01:52 PM
SpacebarnotworkingonMacBookPro.Anyhints?