PDA

View Full Version : Protection MBP Retina

Pose
30th July 2012, 03:28 PM
G'day,
first of all, I'm new to this forum, so please apologize, if this is somehow the wrong category etc.

I have a question regarding the protection of my new MBP Retina, I had several MBPs in past and therefore know, that Macbooks tend to loose their shiny optic pretty fast and tend to get scratches etc. , unless you cover them properly.

Apple MacBook Pro 15inch with Retina display (2012) Skins | invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG (http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/apple-macbook-pro-15inch-with-retina-display-2012-cases-covers-skins-shields.php)

I would like to apply some kind of protection as the zagg invisible shield. My problem is, I know for sure, from past attempts e.g. on my Iphone, that I will have a really hard time getting this kind of lamination on my MBP properly. Do you know if there are any stores in or around sydney (I just moved to Australia recently), where you can buy this the ZAGG shield and get the installation done by someone who is familiar with it?

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,
Gunnar

Pose
1st August 2012, 12:55 PM
No one else facing the same issue?

Are there any resellers for ZAGG or WRAPSOL in Australia, which offer the protection sets for the Macbook Pro retina ?!

julee86
5th August 2012, 11:20 AM
I've only had the Speck case on my old white unibody MacBook just because it's white... But none of my macs after that have any sort of protectors on it (other than the keyboard capdase cover as I eat a lot in front of my laptops LOL). I've seen a few stores along Victoria St (in Melbourne) that offer the Zagg shield but not sure if genuine though.

LCGuy
5th August 2012, 11:57 AM
DeepBlue are the Australian distributors for the invisibleSHIELD, they're based in Brisbane: invisibleSHIELD | iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield (http://www.invisibleshield.com.au/), they don't seem to have the shield for the Retina MBP yet though...perhaps try contacting them, they may either have them, and just not have updated their site, or be able to tell you when they'll have them.

johnnyg
5th August 2012, 05:55 PM
never had good experiences with invisible shield or bodyguardz. Hard to get on and they always lift up after a year

Pose
7th August 2012, 11:13 PM
Thank you very much for the hints and your experiences!
@johnnyg, but if it lifts up after a year, that would not really be a problem, since wrapsol and zagg offer lifetime warranty?

Pose
8th August 2012, 10:53 AM
Does anyone happen to know if wrapsol has an official reseller in Australia as well?

I was using google and it seems like wrapsol itself has been in Australia, but the Australian website now just links to the US Website...
After studying numerous tests I'd probably prefer Wrapsol over Zagg, but if I would have to pay another 50 AU$ just for the parcel from the US to AUS, I definitively won't buy the wrapsol ones.

maclab
10th August 2012, 08:49 AM
Also trying to get a hold of wrapsol in Australia

anyone?

Pose
17th August 2012, 10:25 AM
still searching for Wrapsol in AUS

ffiren
22nd August 2012, 06:46 PM
Hi - came across this site after googling 'Wrapsol in Au'

Was about to order online for my rMBP when I realised they wanted to charge me $45 for delivery! seems ludicrous!

I've bad experiences with invisibleSHIELD and would be keen to try Wrapsol for the base at least. If there is no reseller here would anyone be interested in a group buy?

Pose
24th August 2012, 04:55 PM
Hi - came across this site after googling 'Wrapsol in Au'

Was about to order online for my rMBP when I realised they wanted to charge me $45 for delivery! seems ludicrous!

I've bad experiences with invisibleSHIELD and would be keen to try Wrapsol for the base at least. If there is no reseller here would anyone be interested in a group buy?

I would not mind, where are u from?

ffiren
24th August 2012, 05:09 PM
jindalee, WA.

I've had this from InvisibleSHIELD:
Thankyou for your interest in the great invisibleshield range.

That product is available but has not yet been added to the website. If you would like to order you can by confirming back to me on this email address; please also provide full contact and postage details. An invoice will then be sent out to you for prepayment.

The Apple Macbook Pro 15? 2012 with Retina Display maximum coverage costs $69.95, inc gst. Post and packaging is currently Free for the registered service.

We currently have 2 of these products in stock.

Thanks again for your interest.

Best regards

InvisibleSHIELD Australia

maclab
24th August 2012, 05:29 PM
the rMBP get so hot im wondering if its a good idea to use a product like this now

ffiren
24th August 2012, 07:29 PM
the rMBP get so hot im wondering if its a good idea to use a product like this now

Mine is still en route from Shanghi so I can't really comment. TNT puts it in Pudong International Airport!
From my understanding, although the base is a heatsink, most of the warmth is intentionally directed upwards towards the keys. I'd have no reservation about using it on the base/lid. As long as the air vents on the sides and back aren't obstructed it shouldn't be a problem...

Pose
26th August 2012, 01:52 PM
Is it really? I am using my rMBP since more than a month and as far as I am concerned my MBP late 2011 was getting way hotter. My rMBP almost never could be considered as 'hot'.