PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Lion Uptodate redemption via Apple

purana
29th July 2012, 11:04 AM
My wife got a new machine on Friday, and so we registered via the Uptodate website to get Mountain Lion access and download it.

Got 3 emails, first with a content code which is suppose to unlock the pdf's as part of the next 2 emails. Unfortunately the code dont work and as such I cannot open the pdf's to get the code to use on app store.

Seems this has been happening for others from I read/researched. I've emailed Apple back hope to hear back from them I guess in the next 1-2 business days.

So wife has to live with Lion for now, and we will upgrade soon as we sort out this mess to get the image from app store.

*shakes head*

Upside, now the wife got a new machine I have access/use of the Air 3,1 (11" 1.4ghz with 128gb ssd). Now I have this portable for attempting to learn Objective C etc.

She got a MacBook Pro 13" i7 (high end model of the bunch). All I can say is that the machine screams with 8gb ram and a i7 2.9Ghz cpu.

kingjc
29th July 2012, 03:18 PM
I got this :(

Dear Apple Customer,

Thank you for your recent OS X Mountain Lion Up-To-Date order. Unfortunately, we cannot process your order because of the following:

Receipt is missing part number
Please resubmit a scan or high-quality digital photograph of the information listed above here.

Upon receipt of your resubmission, OS X Mountain Lion will ship within 24 hours of requalifying your order. If you need additional assistance, please send your inquiry, including the reference number in the upper-left corner of this email, to uptodatesupport-au@apple.com.

Regards,
Apple Inc.

purana
29th July 2012, 08:42 PM
I am going to call them tomorrow, will use the 90 days applecare number.. seems the quickest way to rattle cages :)

purana
30th July 2012, 05:45 PM
I spoke with Apple today and a fellow assisted. They resent it, and so far I have got the code I need to redeem on Mac App site. Will test that it works tonight. So I am a few steps further than I was on weekend. Kudos to support folks.