PDA

View Full Version : Airport printing & classic mode

rooread
16th December 2005, 05:21 PM
I was just using MYOB first edge to prepare my first BAS statement and everything worked fine until I tryed to print my BAS. MYOB launches into classic mode when you click the BASlink option and when I tryed to print, nothing happened.... no error messages, nothin! What gives???
Also, my accountant is a PC user she is having trouble opening the BAS files on her PC.

Does anyone have any solutions??

Cheers,
ROO.

hawker
16th December 2005, 05:26 PM
Why does it boot into OS 9? Can't you keep it with OS X?

rooread
16th December 2005, 05:29 PM
MYOB runs natively in OSX but when you go to do your BAS statement, it boots into classic mode.... I guess it's just some kind of add on for Australia and was hastily written for classic or something... I'm not sure.

hawker
16th December 2005, 05:33 PM
Hmm, well if you can move away from classic, it might help.

If not, google it, or even call MYOB and ask for someone who knows macs... They do have them, I spoke to one once, pretty smart :)

rooread
16th December 2005, 07:00 PM
I was thinking that maybe airport printing won't work in classic mode????

Mac Aid
20th December 2005, 09:59 PM
Airport Printing certainly won't work in classic mode. How old is your version of MYOB?? certainly AccountEdge 3 (2 versions old now) doesn't have this problem.

You can get around the classic printing problem by creating a virtual printer (use desktop printer utility is classic utilities) to generate a PS file , and then opening that in preview to print.