PDA

View Full Version : WWDC 2012 Rumours!

Oldmacs
4th June 2012, 04:16 PM
Ok,
So what do we think that we are going to see at WWDC this year?
My bet is on:
iOS 6 preview
Mountain Lion GM/ possible new features (Unlikely) / Announcement of release date.
Likely Macbook Pro and possible other Macs refresh
Very unlikely but iPhone 5
Slight Possibility of itv software preview
iWork 12/ iLife 12 ( Please allow for videos to be dragged from the finder into iMovie!!!)

In iOS 6 I only want:
An easy way to get to commonly used setting (Eg in multitasking bar/ Notifications centre)
Less Safari Crashing on iPod Touch (Though this is likely a RAM problem)
A Youtube App that allows you to view a persons channel (And search through their videos) like on the desktop version.
For it to run on 3GS, iPod Touch 4g

And one final (But ultimelty pointless wish) That they come to their senses and allow ML to run on Intel GMA x3100 PLEASE :footinmouth:

What do you all think?

entropy
4th June 2012, 05:09 PM
iOS 6 preview (probably Facebook integration:meh)
mountain lion release date announcement
New macbooks and iMacs
Appstore for Apple TV with new GUI interface for Apple TV
Incremental improvements to iCloud.
What I really would love but not so likely:
ability to set up an administrator apple id to manage a family of apple ids for iCloud. I don't need to see all my kid's stuff, but I might want control over all iTunes purchases.
Update to iPhoto to bring in a few useful features from the iPad version. Particularly Journals.
iphone 5. My 3G has become a joke.

Oldmacs
4th June 2012, 06:10 PM
Is there any chance of an iPod touch update? The current model is really lacking in Ram!

nibbles
4th June 2012, 07:50 PM
Doubt it, iPods are usually refreshed in September/ October.

As for my predictions for the main keynote,

- iOS 6 demo
- Xcode update, based on the stability (or lack of) of the current version a new one could be in the works
- Mountain Lion demo and a possible release date

My predictions of things that may come along side or with a brief mention,

- New iMacs and MacBook Pros
- Low chance but anyway: New Mac Pros and server options.

Oldmacs
4th June 2012, 09:50 PM
Yeah that's what I thought about th iPod, I was just concerned with the ram issue as they run io5 quite roughly and I assume ios6 will be more resource hungry

Joey1983
4th June 2012, 10:38 PM
iOS 6 preview (new maps, Siri API)
ML GM
iWork update with iCloud integration
Pretty much the entire Mac range due for refresh

andyrb
5th June 2012, 01:04 AM
On the topic of iOS 6, it wouldn't surprise me if there is some inclusion of a proper turn-by-turn GPS feature alongside the launch of the new Maps functionality. I've already got two GPS apps installed and they both pretty much suck. Apple could probably do a much better job.

tcn33
5th June 2012, 09:25 AM
Mac Pro refresh, announcement of transition to high-DPI displays, ML gold master, iOS 6 beta with Siri API. No mention of new iPhones.

entropy
5th June 2012, 03:34 PM
On the topic of iOS 6, it wouldn't surprise me if there is some inclusion of a proper turn-by-turn GPS feature alongside the launch of the new Maps functionality. I've already got two GPS apps installed and they both pretty much suck. Apple could probably do a much better job.
A long as it isn't like the google turn by turn app on android. There are too many black spots with no 3G access for it to be any good. But I suspect that like the google app the data will be held on a central server and a proper GPS app will thus be more useful overall.

Oldmacs
5th June 2012, 04:00 PM
According to mac rumours 4 out of the 5 mac lines are going to be updated at wddc!

Biallystock
5th June 2012, 04:15 PM
A Mac Pro could hardly be a difficult task, let any 12 year old kid loose with the latest PC hardware and an existing Mac Pro case and he'd have one for you Monday. Half the price, twice as fast.

Oldmacs
5th June 2012, 04:19 PM
I really really really hope that they don't get rid of the 13 inch MacBook pro as I need the ports/ cd drive and will not ppbe able to afford one until late next year!

rav3n
5th June 2012, 04:28 PM
A Mac Pro could hardly be a difficult task, let any 12 year old kid loose with the latest PC hardware and an existing Mac Pro case and he'd have one for you Monday. Half the price, twice as fast.
Clearly youve never tried.

On topic again, hopefully a 13"macbook air with a retina display and 8gb ram. If they do that... SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Oldmacs
6th June 2012, 08:14 AM
According to the rumour sites the Mac Pro will see an update based on part numbers they have found!

Ecto1
11th June 2012, 10:49 AM
What I hope to see.

iOS6 will be shown with FB integration. The App and iTune store will become one and labeled iStore. Siri will come to the new iPad. No siri on iPad 2 and first iPad. The developers preview will be released during the keynote. The public release will be early September.

There will be App demos from developers. Apple will not be releasing any in house Apps.

Mountain Lion will be given a release date of late June early July. We will see a preview of a few new things including Siri.

The whole Mac line will be giving a major update. iMac will be given a new design as will the Mac Pro. The Mac Mini will be discontinued to make way for a budged version Mac tower. The Macbook Airs will stay close to the same. Might see a bump in speed and higher SSD storage. The biggest thing will be the new Macbook pros with the air from factor. The MBP will get retina screens but it will be a BTO option.

There will be no iPhone 5 or iPod updates.

grfxninja
11th June 2012, 12:25 PM
New macbooks and iMacs

I hope to see new iMacs. My wife’s 2008 iMac is really struggling at the moment so I was thinking of grabbing her a new one very shortly.

ability to set up an administrator apple id to manage a family of apple ids for iCloud. I don't need to see all my kid's stuff, but I might want control over all iTunes purchases.
For the love of God, YES!
Every time I go to use my iPhone or iPad, I have to go through and delete half a dozen apps that my daughters have downloaded…

msilsby
11th June 2012, 06:15 PM
In previous years, I have watched the WWDC live - I know there is a thread for a streaming blow-by-blow account, but does anyone know if there is going to be an official live streaming of this event? If there is, where does one point the browser to be able to watch it?

rav3n
11th June 2012, 06:24 PM
Apple doesnt live stream their events anymore. They do upload video of the event a couple hours after to Apple Events (http://www.apple.com/apple-events/)

Oldmacs
11th June 2012, 07:09 PM
I'm so confused about the whole Macbook story. I hope that they add a third line again that is the current Macbook pros spec bumped, remanned macbook and then Retina MacBooks which are thinner as the pros.
Any last minute guesses about whats going to be in iOS 6?
I hope that ilife 12 and iwork 12 come out as the current releases are getting long in the tooth!

Commando
11th June 2012, 10:00 PM
Not long now, only 5 hours to go. There was time I would have waited up to hear it but these days I just wait until morning.

I'm not hoping for anything special but some decent goodies with Mac OS X Mountain Lion would be nice. Also a substantial upgrade for Aperture would be welcomed but I'm not holding my breath for that.

MacMatt
11th June 2012, 10:01 PM
Yay or Nay, on Apple TV App Store?

Oldmacs
11th June 2012, 10:09 PM
I would hope so!
Elgato could put an eye tv app to work with net stream and we could actually have tv on the apple tv!
I'd like an iview app as well!
Games would be good !

bartron
11th June 2012, 10:24 PM
The only prediction I'll make (outside iOS6 and Mountain Lion) is the same for every year.

Everyone will go apeshit when <insert random rumour> doesn't become a reality.

Mutters
11th June 2012, 10:51 PM
The only prediction I'll make (outside iOS6 and Mountain Lion) is the same for every year.

Everyone will go apeshit when <insert random rumour> doesn't become a reality.

<Retina displays>, possibly?

Oldmacs
11th June 2012, 10:56 PM
I reckon the insert will be redesigned MacBook pros :!

andyrb
12th June 2012, 03:48 PM
So I called the turn by turn navigation with Maps. Not a bad guess. :D

nibbles
12th June 2012, 05:50 PM
Doubt it, iPods are usually refreshed in September/ October.

As for my predictions for the main keynote,

- iOS 6 demo
- Xcode update, based on the stability (or lack of) of the current version a new one could be in the works
- Mountain Lion demo and a possible release date

My predictions of things that may come along side or with a brief mention,

- New iMacs and MacBook Pros
- Low chance but anyway: New Mac Pros and server options.

So I got iOS 6 demo, Mountain Lion, MacBook Pros and Mac Pro correct. Xcode did get an update today as well, though not an overhaul (at least in the UI.

I'm surprised the iMac didn't gain USB 3.

Oldmacs
12th June 2012, 06:15 PM
iOS 6 preview
Mountain Lion GM/ possible new features (Unlikely) / Announcement of release date.
Likely Macbook Pro and possible other Macs refresh
Very unlikely but iPhone 5
Slight Possibility of itv software preview
iWork 12/ iLife 12 ( Please allow for videos to be dragged from the finder into iMovie!!!)

I got Mountain Lion ish ( They didn't release a Golden Master did they?)- But they did release those features!
I got MacBook pro and other Macs
and I got iOS6!

However I was extremly disapointed that there are still NO APPS on the Apple Tv :ambivalent: It is such as good opportunity though!!!

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

After Watching the iOS6 hands on preview it appears that some apps have silver interfaces, some dark and some normal leaving it look a bit wonky!

nibbles
12th June 2012, 06:52 PM
Mountain Lion was given a 'Near release' developer preview, I suppose you could say that could be the GM.

rav3n
12th June 2012, 07:08 PM
Mountain Lion was given a 'Near release' developer preview, I suppose you could say that could be the GM.
Apple always release a separate gm, i'd expect it in the next 2-3 weeks.