PDA

View Full Version : Optical Audio + Battery

melted.marsbar
12th December 2005, 06:14 PM
Hey guys

As you would most probably remember from my previous post, I got my new PowerBook....the guy at the store said that it was the latest model....

But I can't find my optical audio ports anywhere! Am I overlooking a hidden compartment or secret door or something? :o And also, after charging my battery completely, it only holds 2.5 hrs of battery, as compared to the 5.5 that it's meant to hold....again, is there something I need to change??:huh:

thanks heaps

Mitch

The Architect.mac
12th December 2005, 06:17 PM
as long as its a 15" and over, the headphone and mic jacks act as 3.5 mm analogue and toslink optical connections. You need a toslink to standard optical connector or a Griffin DigitalExpress Cable.

Cheers

Rayd
12th December 2005, 06:18 PM
the optical out is the headphone jack, the headphone jack has optical in it which can be used with apple's convertor. and regarding the battery, have you checked the settings in your energy saver prefs?

gaehl
12th December 2005, 06:21 PM
The headphone jacks are also the optical jacks just like on the airport express, you just need to get the right cable.

As for the battery have you calibrated it yet? If not it will be way off, also they stated battery like is with the screen at half brightness I think and with several other conditions. Like every battery life indicator (mobile phones, pda) battery life does not reflect the real world but gives an Idea relative to other devices.

melted.marsbar
12th December 2005, 06:24 PM
So the optical thingo is in the headphone and mic jacks :blink: ? WOW B) Apple has thought of everything (and yup i have a 15'')

And I check my powersaving settings....they were set to the battery one... :)