PDA

View Full Version : My iPod is Dead

Sausage_Dog
23rd August 2004, 01:26 PM
Hi all i have had my 4th Gen 40GB iPod for a little over 3 weekes, and yesterday it died. I pluged it into my usb posrt and it didnt work. this is just after listening to it through headphones. It wont turn on and it reaks of burnt out components. I dont know what has caused it and dont know if it was the iPod or my computer.

I tooks it into the apple shop today and it is away on warenty, i am just so anooyed about it. It just definatley is not going to be my week.

If anyone hear of a mass murder at the geelong apple center that was me, lol.

the_argon
23rd August 2004, 02:14 PM
:o sounds nasty...

let us know what happens!

hope it's fixed soon mate

jameso
23rd August 2004, 05:48 PM
something like that happened too my 3g. just took it back and get it replaced. It is going to happen, i mean, LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT THING!!! (sorry, couldn't resist, Star Wars quote)

Sausage_Dog
23rd August 2004, 10:07 PM
But if the cause was my usb port then do they cover it.??? anyways it is has blown up and believe me by the smell i think it has, wat componets would need replacing?, and how much is it likley to cost, if the warenty dosn't cover it!

Sausage_Dog
26th August 2004, 07:40 PM
i went into the apple store today, and they are replacing my iPod :rolleyes: , he said it worked whist plugged in but no on batery so i believe i have screwed the power circuit, so i am picking it up tomorrow.

hawker
26th August 2004, 10:41 PM
My 3rd Gen 40GB was replaced yesterday, as it had battery problems. It took them three days to find the problems, the tech's report pretty much said the iPod was fine, but as soon as you fully discharged it, then recharged it, it would "recharge" in a really short time, and then about five minutes into playing it, the battery level would drop to half.

My replacment iPod was here within two days of them ordering a new one. Now that's what I call service ;)

Very happy with them!

Sausage_Dog
27th August 2004, 07:42 AM
Providing you go through a apple retailer then you always get quick service, when i had a problem with my charger for my powerbook they replaced it in 2 days. Apple really do have quick service.