PDA

View Full Version : YAY - It's finally come!

melted.marsbar
11th December 2005, 12:52 PM
:D :D :D It's Here! I got my PowerBook the other day, but I had to give it back to Grandma (who bought it for me) until Christmas Day...but I got to have a go for like 3 hours! And I absolutly love it!

So thank you very much to all you guys (females included :P ) on the AppleTalk Forums for your help and advise, and helping me take the first step into creating my perfect MacWord :D

I look forward to an exciting iLife with you all B)

Mitch

dangelovich
11th December 2005, 12:55 PM
That's so damned cruel... letting you play for a couple of hours and then taking it back until christmas....

I wish my grandma would buy me a PowerBook, but I don't think she knows what one is...

:D

W2ttsy
11th December 2005, 06:17 PM
his grandmother probably had no idea either.

"just sign here grandma. oh dont worry about the amount, ill fill that in" :P

W2ttsy

melted.marsbar
11th December 2005, 06:38 PM
lol gran loves it too....she probably wanted to keep it till xmas so she could play with it :P

i'll go over tomorrow to check that my baby's still okay :P

NiftyNev
11th December 2005, 07:17 PM
WARNING Grandma may get to like it so much she won't give it back. :cry:

Nev

samuelowens
12th December 2005, 12:38 PM
Now for David Jones to get my (currently missing) 17" Powerbook located and delivered so I can have mine before Christmas too!

EDIT - Powerbook has been found and DJs is dropping an extra 512MB of RAM in for free. Pickup's tomorrow or Wednesday... :D (Unfortunately, I'd already ordered and received a 1GB stick of DDR2 RAM from OWC, so the 1GB stick will go to eBay unless someone here's interested)...

gaehl
12th December 2005, 02:05 PM
samuelowens how is the RAM configured? if it 512 +512 don't sell the 1 Gb stick take a 512 stick out and make it 1.5Gb if its a 1Gb stick just add the second stick and have a whole 2 Gb of room :D

samuelowens
12th December 2005, 05:49 PM
I suspect it'll be 512+512 (if it's just a single 1GB module, I'll definitely go for 2GB). Having played round with my folks' iMac, I think that 1GB will be enough for my needs, and the extra cash from selling the 1GB module will come in handy...

(When combined with the 10% off and salary sacrificing, this will end up being one very sweet deal :lol:)

Rayd
12th December 2005, 06:05 PM
congrats! :) i hope you and your powerbook have a strong relationship thought your life :)