PDA

View Full Version : Apple Store - South Perth

svale
2nd March 2012, 01:56 PM
Sorry if this has been posted but I haven't seen it anywhere else in the forum.

Job listings for an Apple Store in South Perth have gone up.

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/2230/20831795.jpg

Not sure if they mean the suburb (South Perth) as I have a hard time thinking of somewhere suitable. They may be referring to somewhere south of the river - some people are saying Garden City is a possibility. Wouldn't surprise me if they opened one up in Karrinyup next.

Dakah3
5th March 2012, 09:22 PM
Thats interesting, would probably expect it to be at Carousel though. Unsure what Apple has against Adelaide but imagine people there would be disappointed that Perth may now be it's second store.

svale
6th March 2012, 02:31 AM
Thats interesting, would probably expect it to be at Carousel though. Unsure what Apple has against Adelaide but imagine people there would be disappointed that Perth may now be it's second store.

Pretty sure at the end of the day, it just comes down to stats:

Perth is:
(a) A much larger city;
(b) Together with Brisbane, the fastest growing capital cities in Australia in terms of population and GDP;
(c) Filled with plenty of FIFO workers with lots of cash to splash on shiny Apple toys.

MisterFnord
6th March 2012, 08:21 AM
Apparently the main issue with an Adelaide store is they could not find a suitable storefront (from memory they require a minimum 15 metre width store?) in the Rundle Mall or surrounds area.

dekco
6th March 2012, 10:37 AM
With the amount of money already hoarded, im sure they could buy/develop any plot they wanted to *imo*

yagankiely
7th March 2012, 11:41 PM
Thats interesting, would probably expect it to be at Carousel though. Apple prefers more… up market locales…

And I'm 100% confident (with good authority) that it is in Garden City.

There are also three shops next to each other being renovated at the same time.

robtag
10th June 2012, 08:12 AM
I agree it's Garden City - the infamous plain black boarding used by Apple has gone up (Garden City always use white boardings with the name of the store to come). They have also created space above the three stores mentioned by yagankiely, so it'll be a double storey store.

:)

PS. Jobs for new Perth store also posted on Seek today.

Jamesvdm
10th June 2012, 11:25 AM
Good news! Garden City has cheaper and easier to find parking than the city.

VOOK
11th June 2012, 05:33 PM
Baha, I should take my iMac there on the first day to get repaired.

Timmy87
19th August 2012, 01:39 AM
Store must be close to finished. I organized for staff room fridges to be delivered and installed there this week gone

robtag
4th September 2012, 10:09 AM
Opening THIS Saturday 10am - just got an email from Apple

Introducing the Apple Store, Garden City Perth.
Join us for our grand opening on Saturday, 8 September at 10:00 am.

euphospug
4th September 2012, 10:22 AM
Good news! Garden City has cheaper and easier to find parking than the city.

hahaha - obviously never tried to find parking there near christmas. round and a round and a round and a round and a round - lol def cheaper though!