PDA

View Full Version : My naughty cat!

Ozi
22nd August 2004, 02:26 AM
I leave my computer to go to the loo, and when I return she is sitting on the computer keyboard, as it gets nice and warm for her. So i shoo her off, as it is impossible to type, let alone see the screen with her sitting there. In her walking about on my keyboard to find the warmest place to plonk her arse, she has renamed a playlist in iTunes, opened another program, and also done THIS: (see attached image) She is so bad! I was freaking out when I saw it... what the hell was going on?! I checked system preferences/displays and then switched users: my other one had normal colour settings. I was worried she had done something awful, and restarted.

On restart, my user still was in greyscale, so I went to dad to get his help. (No, NOT disko, my real father. LOL) And he suggested System Preferences/Universal Access. This solved it!

Somehow my cat had switched it to greyscale in the universal access panel, causing me to go into a hypercardial rythym! I dont know how she did it, but I think its pretty funky to use your computer like this. I will leave it like this for a while, I think.

Also, its a very easy way to apple a "theme" to your desktop! :lol: Its so trippy.

~Ozi

varsis
22nd August 2004, 04:07 AM
Man, how the cat mange that one lol must have been playing with the keyboard and mouse!

Ozi
22nd August 2004, 09:33 AM
yeah on inspection if you press :cmd: option control 8 it switches to black and white, so by freakish chance she must have pressed those keys. :huh: but its wierd!

Nevets_Anderson
22nd August 2004, 10:08 AM
Hmmm Cat's and computers can be a problem....
One of ours urinated on my powerBook!!! :angry:

Good thing they have 9 lives! :P

sillydog701
22nd August 2004, 01:14 PM
Did you take a picture of your cat on your keyboard?

Ozi
22nd August 2004, 01:23 PM
off course! :D

Ozi
22nd August 2004, 01:24 PM
and another:

Quamen
22nd August 2004, 02:13 PM
My cat also has a thing for computer. Except he just sits on top of my shuttle and watches me. I think he likes it there cause it's nice and warm once the machines been on for an hour or so. Picutre taken on a phone btw, so it's crap quality.

So far he's only tried to eat my powerbook once. He got swiftly booted out of the house, hasn't tried eating it since, but he rubs his head against the back of the screen to get my attention when I'm ignoring him.

Quamen
22nd August 2004, 02:15 PM
And warming his tail on the exhaust fan.

sillydog701
22nd August 2004, 05:43 PM
Nice pictures!

My cats are in New Zealand :-(

Currawong
23rd August 2004, 06:46 PM
Just a few days ago, my cat decided to rip up the printed instructions on how to use the internet that I gave my mum. I think she (the cat) resents the distraction the computer is.

pipsqeek
30th August 2004, 10:35 AM
I'd like to see a cat do that in Windows.