PDA

View Full Version : iDVD wont burn! HELP?

Rayd
6th December 2005, 07:04 PM
please help me with this problem, i have no idea what to do,

Everytime i try to burn my iDVD (which i need to be burnt urgently) iDVD renders all the menu's all the slideshows etc, then when it goes to actually burn the DVD, it says "burn successful, but there were errors" then when i press ok, it spits out the DVD which is still BLANK, and iDVD hangs and wont respond.... i have also tried saving to .img, but that did nothing. i also tried opening the .dvdpro on a dif machine but it says the file is locked? HELP!

~iPod_man

g4cube
6th December 2005, 07:14 PM
Could be the media is no good. Have you tried that?

Rayd
6th December 2005, 08:17 PM
yep... same thing... its keepin me up at night! i reallly need this done before chrismas

Donnie-Darko
6th December 2005, 08:23 PM
ok a few questions

are you using a built in superdrive or an external burner ?

have you ever successfully burned a dvd using idvd with the setup you currently have.

have you tried opening the img file outputted in toast (or is it not even being created?)

have you tried starting the Idvd project from scratch, or making a test project in idvd.

have you ever used the same dvd media successfully with your burner ( for example there are certain brands that simply don't work for me, it differs depending on the burner)

Rayd
6th December 2005, 08:26 PM
internal
yes
doenst create it
i reallly dont want to because it will take me many many many hours to complete again.
yes

g5agogo
6th December 2005, 09:14 PM
Can I play?

Have you tested your ram using something like Rember recently?

Rayd
6th December 2005, 09:16 PM
nope i havnt.... i have recently also formated and re-installed everything on my HD.

g5agogo
6th December 2005, 09:31 PM
What version of iDVD are you using?
What OS version are you using?
Try testing memory with Rember. (I had the same error message and similar symptoms when a memory module on one of my macs went bad.)
Save and backup your project and assets and try updating and/or reinstalling iDVD to latest version.

Let us know what happens.