PDA

View Full Version : Citilan wireless network in ADL CBD!

BigX
19th August 2004, 07:06 PM
anyone used it?

OziMac
19th August 2004, 07:14 PM
What is 'it'?

And where? There's at least seven CBDs in Australia...

Disko
19th August 2004, 09:30 PM
www.citilan.net.au

Its in the Adelaide CBD. I've used it - but never for very long. How about you BigX?

Ozi
19th August 2004, 10:09 PM
What kind of transfer speeds do you get? and does it limit you to a certain amount of GB downloads per day? :)

Disko
19th August 2004, 10:12 PM
the network is 802.11b - so that should outline the speeds you can get. Generally faster than DSL though. ;)

Not sure about limits.

Ozi
19th August 2004, 10:22 PM
*buys ticket to adelaide*

Goes to test out download limits... :D

DVD Plaza
19th August 2004, 10:46 PM
Data you consume is deducted from your DSL account - eg if you're with Internode, have a 12GB* limit, and consume 10GB* on citilan then you only have 2GB* left...

* Not counting the fact that consumption these does is done using 1000 instead of 1024 so, like hard drive manufacturers, they charge you more for less.

BigX
20th August 2004, 12:04 AM
:)

I'm with AirNet, I used it alot when it first came out... was free access with no limits!

I think the deal for AirNet cusomters is: 'By using your AirNet Dial Up or ADSL username and password, connect your laptop or PDA wirelessly to the Internet, at any one of a number of locations listed at www.citilan.com.au.'

Looks like it's still free access with no limits!

Paul

Asher Tuzza
20th August 2004, 02:44 AM
i have used it - my brother lives within range of it from his dinner table - kinda ROX actually

i have used it plenty of times - never had any of its use added to my internode bill - but never abused it either - i have downloaded games and stuff - used the internet free mirror plenty via it - absoutley no complaints - they have definatley done wifi justice in adelaide