PDA

View Full Version : PowerbookG4 and inverters

Turps
18th August 2004, 09:59 PM
Got a 4b trip coming up and we where going to take the laptop with us. For downloading picc'ies. Will a G4 Powerbook run alright of a modified sine wave inverter. I know it only requires 60w so that aint a problem, as I was looking at buying a 1500w inverter I found on ebay (its that or a lower watteage one from jaycar).

Turps

hawker
19th August 2004, 08:03 AM
inverters are an interesting tool at the moment. I've found it best to go with more than you need (within your budget) because sometimes the inverter dosen't spit out as much as it says - or so I've been told!

beagle
19th August 2004, 11:54 AM
I've got a small invertor I've been using on my G3 and G4 powerbooks for a couple of years now without any troubles. We have a campertrailer with an extra battery setup in it, and have enjoyed many DVD's in the middle of the forrest :-)

I think the invertor I have is only rated at 200W's - more than enough in this case :-)

beagle

Turps
19th August 2004, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the advice. I found a 600w inverter at the local hardware/metal shop for $300. So might go pick it up next week. Now just got to find a place to mount the bugger in a SWB car.

As for DVD's normally I have a portable voxson DVD player for them, which already has a 12V lead. But having the powerbook will be great (bigger screen).