PDA

View Full Version : Cloud service for mobile app developers - Buddy.com

BuddyDave
26th October 2011, 08:19 AM
Hi everyone:

I wanted to reach out to this community to let you know about a new startup in the US that might be interesting to you. Called "Buddy" (see Buddy.com (http://buddy.com)), we do web services for mobile apps. If you're building an iOS app (actually, we support any OS - Android, WP7, HTML5, webOS, etc...) we have pre-built/scaled APIs that allow you to support a pretty broad range of functionality (user accounts, messaging, location services, photo albums, cloud data storage, push notifications, analytics, etc...) without having to write any server-side code.

Why this post? Well, I'm Aussie (ex-Adelaide, but don't hold that against me) and I'd love to get some honest-to-goodness feedback on what we have. I don't want a credit card, there's no "super secret beta" program - I'd just love to get some eyes on the product from outside the US. Our location feature, for example, fully supports Australian points of interest, so that's an area that's not getting a lot of eyeballs from US developers.

We're super early-stage, but the product is live, and you can get an account and be developing in about 2 minutes. All new accounts are free (up to certain usage limits) but don't hesitate to ping me at dave (at) buddy (dot) com and I'll hook you up if you need more free usage.

Thanks everyone - by all means email me directly with any comments or thoughts, and I'll be sure to stop by here to check on the thread too.

Cheers, Dave.