PDA

View Full Version : Apple iPhone Cards Application

adamjc
26th October 2011, 07:09 AM
So I ended up ordering 4 letterpress cards today through the new Apple iPhone cards application.

Any ideas on how long these take to arrive in Australia?

I received a shipment notification from Apple but there is no estimate.

Thanks!

adamjc
26th October 2011, 09:06 PM
bump

opm78
27th October 2011, 08:55 AM
Hi, great question and I'm surprised there's not a lot online about this... yet!

I ordered back on 15/October for my Mum's birthday and it said it was shipped on 18/October. Time went by and on her birthday nothing had arrived (25th October - plenty of time you would think!).

Anyway, I just telephoned Apple 133 MAC and explained to the operator (after 10mins in the queue) that I wanted to know where my order was. He was asking for a serial number, which clearly doesn't exist FOR A CARD. Then once he kind-of "got it" that I was talking about a greeting card, put me through to after sales support. The woman (very friendly and apologetic) explained in her system it said it was due for delivery on 10th of NOVEMBER!

I asked whether it was posted internally from within Australia and she said they all come from a printing warehouse in China.

She apologised sincerely and provided me with a refund, even though it appears it will still arrive on the 10th November - will wait and see before I go ordering another one again.

Anyway, good luck if you've ordered and anyone wanting to get Christmas cards had better START NOW otherwise they'll arrive in February haha!

I suggested she explain to her manager / support team that they work on getting the delivery timeframes right - rather than saying shipped on 18/Oct, which probably literally meant SHIPPED on a boat from China to Australia.

Will update further if she ever gets her lovely birthday card..

adamjc
27th October 2011, 09:03 AM
OPM78 that sounds like a long time, they are obviously shipping via seamail rather than airmail for it to take that long.

I will wait for 2 weeks and if I don't receive it I will contact Apple for a refund also.

Adam

Steeley
27th October 2011, 10:30 AM
Wow! They really are like postcards; getting there two weeks after you get home.

opm78
29th October 2011, 02:04 PM
Wow! They really are like postcards; getting there two weeks after you get home.

Haha yep - UPDATE!
It has finally arrived, on the 28th October. Mum called me to let me know.

Here's a few things to note: It's the size of an average postcard. Feels like different paper (that would be the enviro friendly and sustainable cotton paper as advertised) and came with a KANSAS postmark!??

Therefore, I'm concluding that they are printed in China, somehow sent to the USA and then sent out. huh?
All in all, 13 days from ordering to delivery to the Gold Coast.

FYI.