PDA

View Full Version : Desperate Finder Help!

knifeandfork
26th November 2005, 08:50 AM
Ok, so I installed a program called "Tinkertool" to see some invisible files on my iPod (one day i woke up to find that capacity had been reached for some reason). Anyway, i enabled the option to see invisible files and it told me to relaunch Finder. I relaunched finder but it isnt responding (Ie it doesnt fully relaunch and the multicolored beach ball just keeps spinning). The FAQs from the website tell me i have to diable the option in Tinkertool but tinkertool is no where to be seen!

I am so worried something is wrong with my mac, is anyone able to help at all? I would truly appreciate the guidance!

morpheme2004
26th November 2005, 08:54 AM
I'm not the expert here (the wealth of knowledge floating around here is amazing), but...

Have you tried to force quit the program? press option+ :cmd: +esc, see what happens
Apart from that, if you can get to Activity Monitor (in the utilities folder), that might shed some light on the problem
Apart from that, hold down the power key for a while to force it to shut down, then try turning it back on again
If all else fails, boot from the install/restore cd.

Hope this helps.

knifeandfork
27th November 2005, 12:28 PM
Thanks for your help. In the end i just reinstalled. Now everything is working. This tinkertool nearly gave me a heart attack!