PDA

View Full Version : Photostream

Brennan
15th October 2011, 10:56 PM
Couple of questions for those that might be more in the know than I am...

All photos I have taken since moving to iOS5 are in my photo stream, however all the pre-existing photos from my phone and ipad are not... is this normal? and does anyone know of a way to move them across?

Also - my wife and I have seperate icloud accounts. are you able to link 2x accounts to stream to the one iphoto file/version/computer?

Thanks in advance.

NeoRicen
15th October 2011, 11:47 PM
Photostream is merely a temporary (30 day) storage area for photos. You don't want to put existing photos there other than as a way to move them to another device without syncing (by saving the photo from the photo stream to the camera roll or another album).

Frankly I really can't figure out what the point of it is, since unless you go to a computer and download them anyway, they're going to be deleted in 30 days.

You also can't 'subscribe' to someone else's PhotoStream at the moment.

tcn33
16th October 2011, 07:43 AM
Frankly I really can't figure out what the point of it is, since unless you go to a computer and download them anyway, they're going to be deleted in 30 days.

iPhoto automatically imports photos from your Photo Stream into your library. See the "master photo library" heading on Apple - iCloud - New photos on all your devices. (http://www.apple.com/icloud/features/photo-stream.html)

kabyn
16th October 2011, 08:05 AM
What I'd like to know is how it deals with space on the iOS devices. It says that it "automatically pushes a copy of that photo over any available Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection to the Photos app on your iOS devices...". What happens if I have next to zero space on my iphone?Does it save how many can fit into a photostream folder, or is it only a tiny thumbnail? Will I be able to view them and move them to my camera roll when I'm not online, or can I only view them when I'm connected to wifi?