PDA

View Full Version : Week now starts on Sunday, was set to Monday

adktz
15th October 2011, 08:11 PM
Hello,
I've updated my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 to iOS5 and now the week starts on a Sunday rather than a Monday. My "Region Format" has not changed in the International settings so I think this may be a bug with iOS5. Is anyone else getting this?

jumpcut
15th October 2011, 08:57 PM
Yep. Not happy ...

NeoRicen
15th October 2011, 09:09 PM
Same here. Very annoying, can't find a way to change the setting, even though you can on the iCloud web apps.

kerr
16th October 2011, 12:17 AM
Yeah stupid bug that needs fixing

https://discussions.apple.com/message/16338961?tstart=0#16338961?tstart=0

I hadn't noticed cos I haven't used the Calendar app for ages. I use Week Calendar and will never go back to the standard app, which is very feature deficient.

leon
16th October 2011, 05:35 AM
I prefer it this way and felt a week starting on Monday was a bug.
Sunday is the first day of the week.
It is odd though that there isn't a toggle to change it like the MacOS app.

the8thark
16th October 2011, 05:41 AM
There should be an option for this to have it either way. A lot of people like the start of the week to be a Sunday.
But for 2 things:
The weekend in Saturday/Sunday. The end of anything can not be the start.
The Bible says Sunday was the last day, day of rest. Well Sunday or Sabbath depending on your religion. Sunday is not the same thing as sabbath though.

Even though I strongly believe the first day of the week in Monday, I do believe there should be the option to have the start as Sunday or Monday. That would cater for everyone.

GrahamH52
17th October 2011, 07:43 AM
At last! I've been wanting that for ages.

kerr
17th October 2011, 12:48 PM
I prefer it this way and felt a week starting on Monday was a bug.
Sunday is the first day of the week.
Monday is the first logical day of the week, and is also the first day of the week according to ISO 8601 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601#Week_dates). Personally I find it ridiculous to have a Sunday to Saturday week. Going away for the weekend? How do you write that on your Sunday to Saturday wall calendar? Write it twice, once on each line? Saturday and Sunday belong together and thus on the same line in the same week. Whose week starts on a Sunday?

There should be an option for this to have it either way. A lot of people like the start of the week to be a Sunday.
But for 2 things:
The weekend in Saturday/Sunday. The end of anything can not be the start.
The Bible says Sunday was the last day, day of rest. Well Sunday or Sabbath depending on your religion. Sunday is not the same thing as sabbath though.

Even though I strongly believe the first day of the week in Monday, I do believe there should be the option to have the start as Sunday or Monday. That would cater for everyone.
And I agree, give everyone the choice. I am sure Apple will change it back, but if you prefer one way or the other, and the default regional setting is not what you prefer, then you should have the option.

But like I said before, I'll never use the default Calendar app again so it's not an issue for me. Check out Week Calendar (http://appshopper.com/productivity/week-calendar) if you want something decent. I'm still looking for a replacement Contacts app. The Contacts app I used on my Palm Pilot 12 years ago was better than the iPhone Contacts app.