PDA

View Full Version : What is my iPad address for iMessages

Dbbeal
15th October 2011, 03:37 PM
Please help
I can send an instant message from my I pad to my iPhone and then I can reply to the I pad.
The problem I have is creating a new message to the iPhone to the iPad does not go just comes back to the phone.
Any clues

The_Hawk
15th October 2011, 04:02 PM
You need to setup whatever address you want... which might mean you need to create a new address just for the iPad. In my case I have created an additional email account on my domain ipad@.,.. :D

I've also had to add additional accounts for the kids iPods so they can message mummy and daddy now too!

Mac Monk
15th October 2011, 05:00 PM
Are you checking the iPad as well as the phone? I would have thought that the cloud would send all the hardware with that iCloud address the same iMessage

ravage221
15th October 2011, 05:30 PM
If you have got iMessages set up on the iPad using the same Apple ID as the iPhone you will be receiving and sending messages to each one as it receives the messages to the account not a specific device. You can change the specific addresses that a device will send iMessages on, however this is approach is a bit flawed in my view as you are not really sending it to another account and I'm not sure how Apple handles iMessages sent the same account but different receiving addresses. Additionally, you can have separate Apple IDs in use for iCloud and iMessages, so this is an option too.

kyte
15th October 2011, 05:35 PM
I'll only be using it on my iphone.