PDA

View Full Version : sent mail folder

xilefa
13th October 2011, 04:31 PM
after updating to iOS5, can't find my sent mail folder, same on iPhone

SLY
13th October 2011, 05:26 PM
after updating to iOS5, can't find my sent mail folder, same on iPhone

have you sent any emails since upadating ?

If you havent it wont create a folder until you do im pretty sure

Beacon
13th October 2011, 05:27 PM
Are you using gmail?

xilefa
13th October 2011, 06:06 PM
Are you using gmail?No problem with gmail

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

I mean all the mail in sent folder is gone......

Beacon
13th October 2011, 06:19 PM
No problem with gmail

Sorry I should have been more specific. Are you referring to your sent folder within your gmail account?

If so I have experienced my gmail account being changed from an IMAP account to an exchange account after a restore. With an exchange setup (gmail), sent items do not appear, neither do drafts - at least that was the case last time I checked.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Sorry I should have been more specific. Are you referring to your sent folder within your gmail account?

If so I have experienced my gmail account being changed from an IMAP account to an exchange account after a restore. With an exchange setup (gmail), sent items do not appear, neither do drafts - at least that was the case last time I checked.

OK sorry, I just checked myself and a gmail account set up with exchange does in fact support sent messages ...

Really sorry to mess you around

xilefa
13th October 2011, 08:13 PM
No problem with my Gmail and Yahoo account, only the one with my ISP (tpg).Sent an email, got the folder but empy...