PDA

View Full Version : iphone 4s Delivery times

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

marcmarcdv
10th October 2011, 09:49 AM
has anyone order moved yet?

MrJesseRoss
10th October 2011, 09:57 AM
Considering the release date isn't for another few days, I'd be surprised if there's any change yet.

Dust For Eyes
10th October 2011, 10:13 AM
Yeah, a bit early yet, but when I checked my delivery status I only got an error page.

babypoppop
10th October 2011, 10:15 AM
has anyone order moved yet?

I'm pretty sure when there's movement, there'll be a thread on it because one cannot contain his/her joy. You're too impatient :P

joshuaba
10th October 2011, 12:59 PM
Just spoke to Apple then. My status is "ships by October 14th", they said this means it will be shipped from China on the 14th, being received by the 18th at the earliest!

ravage221
10th October 2011, 01:19 PM
It means that it will ship BY October 14th, I would bet good money on that your iPhone leaves China (if it is even in China, Apple often stockpiles things in Sydney) tonight or tomorrow. The exact same thing happens with all of Apple's products that they prerelease. They list the shipping by date as the actual release and most of the time they ship way beforehand, putting it in line for an October 14 delivery. In fact sometimes they request that an item be held at a courier's depot until the 14th for delivery. Apple's just covering their ass.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Just saw a report from the US. Some customers getting shipped notifications.
See it coming our way soon.

squidbean
10th October 2011, 01:22 PM
Soooo you are saying that the people that were really fast with pre ordering actually could get the phone at the door on Friday the 14th? (which is how I understood apples shipping date anyway)?

Anyway looking forward :D

ravage221
10th October 2011, 01:25 PM
Everyone who ordered when it listed a ship time of By October 14th could get the phone to their door on Friday, yes.
That is a could! But it is what has happened before with Apple and I see no reason for them to change this now.

rav3n
10th October 2011, 01:42 PM
I see on 9to5mac that sprint are shipping iphones already. Based on that I will be expecting mine to turn up on friday or monday.

squidbean
10th October 2011, 01:48 PM
@Ravage221

My experience too, but great! I got a bit confused by peoples interpretations. But all good! I hope I can convince the delivery guy to leave at the door ;)

the_doctor
10th October 2011, 02:00 PM
The first iPad was released on a Friday and I preordered (like I did with the 4S) and I received it on the same day as the release day. I see no reason why this won't be the case for the 4S. I doubt it will leave China on the 14th. It will be in Australia ready to be shipped and delivered on Friday. If not then that is poor form and a terrible way to treat those who preordered early. If that happens then they should really ditch the preorder process or in turn just take the pre away from preorder.

ravage221
10th October 2011, 03:09 PM
People that ordered off Apple in the US are getting shipping notifications. It is only a matter of time.

Shannon
10th October 2011, 07:14 PM
If I decide to go line up and get one in store, I can take my online preorder into an apple store for a full refund right?

Shannon
11th October 2011, 02:41 PM
So what is the consensus? Anyone that calls apple are told that they won't be shipped until the 14th. Anyone still expect to get it on launch day?

the_doctor
11th October 2011, 02:50 PM
So what is the consensus? Anyone that calls apple are told that they won't be shipped until the 14th. Anyone still expect to get it on launch day?

I would say that is Apple just covering their arses in case there is some hold up with delivery so they don't get people calling up crying (which they will anyway). As I said earlier if this happens then it is extremely poor form and I most likely will never preorder an Apple product again (yeah right - damn you Apple *shakes fist at all my Apple products*).

Shannon
11th October 2011, 04:11 PM
Yeah.. Like there isn't a whole like you can do but I would expect them to be out of China tomorrow at the latest... I think it'd be poor form for Optus to be delivering on Launch day to the first 5000 to pre-order but Apple can't deliver any on launch day to those who pre-ordered?

Will just wait and see anyways.

gumby08
11th October 2011, 04:55 PM
I was just having a browse through the iPad order status thread (http://www.mactalk.com.au/57/84904-order-status-updates-delivery-thread.html) from May last year. The preorder process was similar to this one, in that you preordered for delivery on launch day.

In the iPad's case, preorders opened on 10 May 2010, and those who got in quick got a 'Delivers by May 28' confirmation email. Orders went 'Prepared for shipment' between 23 and 25 May, depending on whether you lived in a regional or urban area, and changed to 'Shipped' between 26 and 27 May. It seems that the vast majority of the iPads were in fact delivered on 28 May as promised.

Hopefully this means the iPhone 4S will also be delivered on launch day, although I note that the iPad confirmation email did state 'Delivers by May 28th' while the iPhone 4S shows the cryptic 'Dispatches in Ships by October 14th'.

krasivy
11th October 2011, 05:45 PM
… 'Dispatches in Ships by October 14th'.

I sure hope they don’t put our iPhone 4Ses on ships!!!!

(If it were a ship, then it better be the interstellar/starship type!)

marcmarcdv
12th October 2011, 07:05 AM
everyone seem to been geting there new iphone like in the usa and germany but we still haven't got anthing yet.... grrr doesnt look good guys....

karter
12th October 2011, 07:12 AM
everyone seem to been geting there new iphone like in the usa and germany but we still haven't got anthing yet.... grrr doesnt look good guys....
definitely not "everyone" seems to be getting them...I do believe however Apple have announced that the UK won't start to receive their shipments until at least the 15th October..could be the same here is Aus?
I defiantly haven't heard of anyone getting early shipments here, like a few lucky enough in the U.S and Germany..
Will have to play the waiting game, thats about all anyone can do at the moment..

babypoppop
12th October 2011, 07:33 AM
defiantly not "everyone" seems to be getting them...I do believe however Apple have announced that the UK won't start to receive their shipments until at least the 15th October..could be the same here is Aus?
I defiantly haven't heard of anyone getting early shipments here, like a few lucky enough in the U.S and Germany..
Will have to play the waiting game, thats about all anyone can do at the moment..

defiantly? you mean "definitely"? was a bit confused when I read it. :ambivalent:

marcmarcdv
12th October 2011, 07:34 AM
has anyone called appe yet?

karter
12th October 2011, 07:49 AM
defiantly? you mean "definitely"? was a bit confused when I read it. :ambivalent:

whooops..should learn to proof read..Thanks!

lach
12th October 2011, 08:49 AM
Most likely, those lucky few in Germany and the US "shouldn't" have received their phones this early. Most likely an error on the part of the delivery service. Or...who knows...maybe strategic leaks from apple to build further excitement?

As a past pre-orderer-erer-erer, I've received all my pre orders on launch day. I'm confident, regardless of shipping notices etc, that I will receive this on launch day as expected (I ordered as soon as the preorders went live)

TJA77
12th October 2011, 09:20 AM
Ah the inner child in all of us lol! Like kiddies on Xmas Eve. They will get here when they get here. I wonder how many people would fly to China if Apple said you can pick one up from the factory

marcmarcdv
12th October 2011, 10:53 AM
All optus store in melbourne have just recevied their new iphone 4s...

my firend who works for optus just told me......

the_doctor
12th October 2011, 11:07 AM

If that is indeed true (and I'm not doubting you or your friend) then theoretically those that preordered early should be receiving their iPhones on Friday.

swoffa
12th October 2011, 11:50 AM

Interesting. Did he say how many they received at his store(assuming he's at a store)?

marcmarcdv
12th October 2011, 11:52 AM
he didnt tell me an number. he just told me they had recevied them.

Shannon
12th October 2011, 01:19 PM
We won't be receiving our phones on Friday. Apple are definitely telling people that they will get shipping notices tomorrow night/account charges which will see the phones shipping on Friday for mid week delivery next week...

marcmarcdv
12th October 2011, 01:28 PM
We won't be receiving our phones on Friday. Apple are definitely telling people that they will get shipping notices tomorrow night/account charges which will see the phones shipping on Friday for mid week delivery next week...

thats crap..... not happy with apple.. samsung looking good right now

$2 smartphones an ambush worth paying for | Smartphone News & Reviews | Herald Sun (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/technology/smartphones/smartphones-an-ambush-worth-paying-for/story-fn5ti6kq-1226164791214)

gumby08
12th October 2011, 01:35 PM

I'm just going to sit tight and wait and see. Apple employees have been known to be wrong in the past :)

Shannon
12th October 2011, 01:36 PM
I would usually say that they are lying to save their ass incase some don't arrive but not one person in Australia has had their order change.

marcmarcdv
12th October 2011, 01:39 PM
doesnt look good form here now... does it

faux
12th October 2011, 02:20 PM
If we get a shipping notice tomorrow night, it doesn't mean we won't get it on Friday, unless you're living in the country.

I ordered a case from Apple when I ordered the iPhone 4S on a Friday; got the shipping notice on Monday night, received it 7am Tuesday morning.

I'm not saying that we will definitely get it on Friday or anything, but just that it's still too early to tell.

*Edit: spelling

Shannon
12th October 2011, 02:32 PM
Yeah of course. I'm not ruling it out but i'd definitely be more surprised if we got them on Friday than if we didn't!

karter
12th October 2011, 02:40 PM

Interesting..does this mean alot of people will line up on Friday and try to get in store? or has Apple explored this avenue
and will disable canceling orders for those who's phones are shipping on Friday so they dont loose alot of pre-orders?

decryption
12th October 2011, 02:58 PM
I'm a bit skeptical that my online order will arrive on the 14th, so I plan to visit an Apple store on Friday morning too. Worst case scenario is that I end up with two iPhones and I'll give the other iPhone to the inevitable poor soul who didn't pre-order and didn't have time to line up, but still wants it on Friday :)

the_doctor
12th October 2011, 03:01 PM
If we get a shipping notice tomorrow night, it doesn't mean we won't get it on Friday, unless you're living in the country.

I ordered a case from Apple when I ordered the iPhone 4S on a Friday; got the shipping notice on Monday night, received it 7am Tuesday morning.

I'm not saying that we will definitely get it on Friday or anything, but just that it's still too early to tell.

*Edit: spelling

The later we receive the shipping notice, the more likely it is that we will get them after Friday. But that all depends on where they are being shipped from when we receive notification. If they are in China and we get the shipping notification tomorrow (Thursday) then there is no way we will have them on Friday. Even if we get the notification that they have shipped from China today or tonight (Wednesday) then we still probably won't get them til next week at the earliest. I'm starting to change my tune on this. Initially I thought we'd be getting them on launch day but as the week wears on and we still have no shipping notification it looks less and less likely that we will have them in hand on launch day. If, however, they are already in Oz (like the Optus post above) then I see no reason why we won't get them on launch day.

Pharaohsam
12th October 2011, 03:04 PM
it wouldn't make sense for apple to ship so many iphones from china simulataneously

wouldn't it be mroe cost effective to stockpile them in Australia first and then ship them locally?

krasivy
12th October 2011, 05:19 PM
it wouldn't make sense for apple to ship so many iphones from china simulataneously

wouldn't it be mroe cost effective to stockpile them in Australia first and then ship them locally?

It’s gonna be either of the two:

1) They are going to address them and dispatch from China (like how they are doing with US pre-orders); or

2) They are going to ship them here in bulk, and get them to TNT for delivery from Apple’s local distribution hub.

And I agree, things are not looking too good at the moment.

It’s now Wednesday afternoon and the order status hasn’t changed since pre-ordering.

Macrazy
12th October 2011, 06:04 PM
Ha ha ha I could not agree with you more...
We could fill lots of planes... lol...
I will be waiting on Friday.... just in case:slant:

Ah the inner child in all of us lol! Like kiddies on Xmas Eve. They will get here when they get here. I wonder how many people would fly to China if Apple said you can pick one up from the factory

joshuaba
12th October 2011, 06:44 PM
Just checked CC statement, and I can tell my charges for the 4S have gone through in FULL.

No update on 'ships by 14th' status though.

I have spoken to a few Apple employees on phone, all have said they are coming from China, and then being dispatched by TNT. Also, they will probably go through Sydney. Then there's customs!

I still have (some) faith my 4S will be in my hand come Friday!

PS Wish IOS 5 would hurry up!

marcmarcdv
12th October 2011, 07:12 PM
My cc has been fully charges tool

lukemc
12th October 2011, 07:18 PM
the "reserved" amount for mine has arrived back on my CC! far from being fully charged!!!

sectioneight
12th October 2011, 07:47 PM
Just had the full amount charged as well. Comeeonnnnnn shipping notification

I have no faith in TNT whatsoever so am not expecting my iPhone until next weeks anyway

michaeljohn.mac
12th October 2011, 08:19 PM
You would think that they would have shipped enough from China early to fulfil a certain amount of online preorders before it changed to 1-2 weeks plus enough to stock retail outlets.

So most likely the stock is already in Australia, they are now allocating and preparing to ship from Sydney. It would be a massive fail on Apples part if they were touting a launch day of 14th Oct and pre-orders didn't get theirs on or before. That is the whole purpose of pre-orders.

joshuaba
12th October 2011, 08:51 PM
Here's hoping they're in Sydney now!

That would mean shipping notification tomorrow and delivery Friday!

Everyone at Apple I speak to says they're in China!
I'm hoping they've been told to say that so that people aren't expecting them on Friday and then bitterly disappointed if they don't show up, but very happy when they do!!!!!!!

scar68
12th October 2011, 08:52 PM
Just had the status changed to "Preparing for shipment"

Shipping form China or Sydney? Fingers crossed for Sydney.

12th October 2011, 08:57 PM
Mine has also changed! Look's like Friday delivery after all!

the_doctor
12th October 2011, 09:02 PM
Mine has changed to Preparing for Shipment too. Here's hoping it is in Sydney and not China.

virtoz
12th October 2011, 09:02 PM
Preparing for shipment!

lukemc
12th October 2011, 09:11 PM
preparing for shipment.........crossed fingers for it coming from sydney and not china too!

gikku
12th October 2011, 09:15 PM
value still pending
07/10/2011 PENDING - APPLE STORE \\SING -$899.00
07/10/2011 PENDING - APPLE STORE \\SING -$899.00
and status unchanged at
Processing Items

joshuaba
12th October 2011, 09:15 PM
Cross everything!

cmanou
12th October 2011, 09:21 PM
Yayay preparing for shipment

wal003
12th October 2011, 09:21 PM
preparing for shipment.........crossed fingers for it coming from sydney and not china too!

How early on Friday did you pre-order?

carlow1
12th October 2011, 09:22 PM
Prepared for shipment on mine too. C'mon Friday.

lach
12th October 2011, 09:23 PM
My order has prepared for shipment. I ordered as soon as the preorders went live

faux
12th October 2011, 09:25 PM
My order has prepared for shipment. I ordered as soon as the preorders went live

Mine too! I seriously hope it's a Friday delivery!

cfc4ever
12th October 2011, 09:27 PM
Mine is preparing to ship as well, no payment taken though, still just the hold on funds!

sleek881
12th October 2011, 09:28 PM
Same here !

homerjay
12th October 2011, 09:29 PM
i ordered it as soon as it went live and still nothing :(

1984lars
12th October 2011, 09:32 PM
My status changed a few minutes ago: PREPARING FOR SHIPMENT

By the way: I´m from germany and for the next 5 month I live in Sydney. Normally I´m a user of the german mac-forum machtechnews.de (nearly 3000 posts). So.. Hello to everybody!

Macrazy
12th October 2011, 09:34 PM
Let's have one more sleep... All of us will have the phone to play on the weekend! Good luck everybody!!!! Good Night!

sleek881
12th October 2011, 09:55 PM
Let's have one more sleep... All of us will have the phone to play on the weekend! Good luck everybody!!!! Good Night!

Early night Macrazy?

babypoppop
12th October 2011, 09:57 PM
i ordered it as soon as it went live and still nothing :(

soon. just go to sleep and it'll be updated! it's just a matter of time so don't worry too much :)

NeoRicen
12th October 2011, 09:58 PM
Mine just went to Preparing for Shipment within the last 20 minutes.

Pharaohsam
12th October 2011, 10:01 PM
yay preparing for shipment - not that it matters but I wonder what the $1 charge is lol

abdelrm
12th October 2011, 10:34 PM
Preparing for Shipment and with iOS 5 + iCloud almost at the doorstep it's like Christmas.

:D

phily
12th October 2011, 11:32 PM
yay mine is "Preparing for Shipment" as well! SO excited, wonder how long it will take to arrive? I live all the way in Perth :(

yay preparing for shipment - not that it matters but I wonder what the $1 charge is lol

What do you mean by the $1 charge pharao?

squidbean
13th October 2011, 01:03 AM
Prepared for shipment here too. :) Better leave a note at the door to very precisely tell the delivery guy to AT ALL COST!! leave the package at the door ;)

bennysky
13th October 2011, 01:14 AM
I pre-ordered mine as soon as they are available. It says 'Prepared for shipment' as well! But I got a post notification in my mail box saying the postman missed me during 10am-2pm Wednesday. Let's hope it's from Apple. I'm going to post office when they opens at 9am Thursday. Will keep everyone updated.

DeKa
13th October 2011, 02:14 AM
Prepared for shipment here too. :) Better leave a note at the door to very precisely tell the delivery guy to AT ALL COST!! leave the package at the door ;)

They won't leave it unless someone can sign for it. Apple are very clear about that. I hope you can stay home.

Evidence: Shipping & Delivery - Apple Store (Australia) (http://store.apple.com/au/help/shipping_delivery#signature)

Erwin
13th October 2011, 06:18 AM
Preparing for shipment. :)

marcmarcdv
13th October 2011, 06:55 AM
do you think we will recevied them by firday now?

1984lars
13th October 2011, 07:42 AM

Yep! I´m sure!

bennysky
13th October 2011, 08:40 AM
I pre-ordered mine as soon as they are available. It says 'Prepared for shipment' as well! But I got a post notification in my mail box saying the postman missed me during 10am-2pm Wednesday. Let's hope it's from Apple. I'm going to post office when they opens at 9am Thursday. Will keep everyone updated.

Update: No surprise yet! It's from someone else. :cry:

the_doctor
13th October 2011, 08:56 AM

They definitely will not leave it unless someone signs for it. That is why I always have Apple deliver to my office to avoid that happening.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

It's looking less likely. If they are shipping from China then definitely not. If they are shipping from Sydney then unless the status changes sometime today to shipped then those of us not in Sydney will probably not receive it til Monday.

lexy101
13th October 2011, 08:58 AM
Update: No surprise yet! It's from someone else. :cry:

I was thinking, if you had to go to Auspost, that it would be someone else - pretty sure Apple tend to deliver with TNT?

But OMG!!!! I am preparing for shipment :) and fully charged off of the CC!!!

I am in Townsville though - so fingers crossed we're a big enough city to get Friday Delivery

Also - my mum will have to sign for it :nerd:, as i am getting it delivered to her house, as i will be at work, will that suffice for the TNT driver?

FreestylerNZ
13th October 2011, 09:04 AM
Anyone who pre-ordered right on time and hasn't had their status changed yet?

The holding/auth charge disappeared from my Visa yesterday and it hasn't been charged again, and I'm still "Processing". In the Gold Coast if that helps.

the_doctor
13th October 2011, 09:05 AM
Also - my mum will have to sign for it :nerd:, as i am getting it delivered to her house, as i will be at work, will that suffice for the TNT driver?

Yes you should be fine. My mum has signed for me in the past with no problems. Also the receptionist at work often signs for Apple stuff so you should be right.

Only thing is I doubt we will be getting them on Friday. I will gladly eat my iPhone 4 if I'm wrong.

gikku
13th October 2011, 09:11 AM

The holding/auth charge disappeared from my Visa yesterday and it hasn't been charged again, and I'm still "Processing". In the Gold Coast if that helps.

same here.
ordered at 7.30pm 7/10, and another again at 7.50pm

gumby08
13th October 2011, 09:14 AM
same here.

My white 32GB is still 'Processing Items', but my partner's black 16GB is 'Preparing for Shipment'. I ordered the white one as soon as it went live, and the black one about 10 minutes later.

homerjay
13th October 2011, 09:44 AM
Here is a strange one. Phone has now gone to " prepared for shipment" yet the cc charge has gone. Free iPhone??

marcmarcdv
13th October 2011, 09:51 AM
im now thinking will get our fone by next week... so much for pre order..... Not happy

wise
13th October 2011, 11:07 AM

i ordered mine at 8.06pm and have had nothign changed :)

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

i ordered mine at 8.06pm and have had nothign changed :)
64gb black btw. maybe some models are shipping earlier?

Mac Monk
13th October 2011, 11:09 AM
I was checking all day to order mine right on time using the Apple Store App, but then from about 6pm to 11pm forgot all about it due to family stuff, and a long drive home so ordered at 1am on the 8th. Unfortunately my ship date is the 24th....gutted.
I ordered the 32Gb white so it might have to do with Apple manufacturing more of one phone than another eg: 16Gb Black (probably most popular), and having less for roll-out of some models. I will have to stick with my old 4G for another 10 days, and that's against my religion!

TJA77
13th October 2011, 11:10 AM
I ordered black 64gb at about 7:20. Still no change for me either

faux
13th October 2011, 11:22 AM
Mine still says preparing to ship. If it doesn't come to me by tomorrow, I'll be very disappointed. :(

marcmarcdv
13th October 2011, 11:29 AM
Mine still says preparing to ship. If it doesn't come to me by tomorrow, I'll be very disappointed. :(

Same here... this will make apple looked very bad....

bitingmammal
13th October 2011, 11:37 AM
Same here... this will make apple looked very bad....

How will this make Apple look very bad, exactly? As long as it SHIPS by Oct 14th, then they've fulfilled their obligation. They never said it will ARRIVE by Oct 14th. If you wanted it by the 14th maybe you should've planned to line up at a retail store so you wouldn't have to contend with postage times.

ravage221
13th October 2011, 11:37 AM
Funny that Telstra expects some (at least) in major metro areas will get delivery from Telstra tomorrow!
But I guess Telstra has them just sitting in a depot waiting to go out already in Australia so maybe it isn't such a good comparison.

petersracing
13th October 2011, 11:40 AM
I suggest you guys just chill a little. This is pretty much the way it always goes and previously it has worked out to deliver (or attempt to deliver) on the right day. It may go wrong, but getting your knickers in a knot won't fix it. I think there is a really high chance that they will mostly be here tomorrow.

mrsmac62
13th October 2011, 11:47 AM
I'm with you Petersracing, everyone needs to relax just a bit and let apple do what they do. Just remember if it is a late delivery (and thats and IF) all the disappointment will be completely forgotten once that little phone is in your hand.
I suggest you guys just chill a little. This is pretty much the way it always goes and previously it has worked out to deliver (or attempt to deliver) on the right day. It may go wrong, but getting your knickers in a knot won't fix it. I think there is a really high chance that they will mostly be here tomorrow.

wise
13th October 2011, 11:49 AM

this is true. and most of the telco stores have stock by now so its probs just a processing thing

marcmarcdv
13th October 2011, 11:51 AM
this is true. and most of the telco stores have stock by now so its probs just a processing thing

argee

gumby08
13th October 2011, 12:01 PM
I just had a chat to a TNT driver who was delivering something else to me. He says he's heard nothing about iPhone deliveries tomorrow, and that they're usually warned a couple of days out. He was of the understanding that there were no preorders this time around. This may of course mean nothing, but I'm starting to suspect that there's a very big difference between 'delivers by' and 'ships by'...

FreestylerNZ
13th October 2011, 12:25 PM
same here.
ordered at 7.30pm 7/10, and another again at 7.50pm

Did you have the CC charges disappear as well? That's the only bit that's concerning me!

Macrazy
13th October 2011, 12:43 PM
I ordered pretty early after the store went back on and I am still with processing status no charge on cc either. They got my money from the Apple Care...
I am in Sydney...
We need to wait and see.

FreestylerNZ
13th October 2011, 12:50 PM
I ordered pretty early after the store went back on and I am still with processing status no charge on cc either. They got my money from the Apple Care...
I am in Sydney...
We need to wait and see.

Is it a White 32GB by chance? (that's mine)

gikku
13th October 2011, 12:59 PM
Did you have the CC charges disappear as well? That's the only bit that's concerning me!

yes, that's just the pre-auth dropping off after 5-6 days, as Apple haven't "pressed ok to confirm" the transaction, similar when car rental or hotel swipe your credit card as a "deposit". They're confirming the credit account is active at the time the contract is created.
transaction will be reprocessed when the device ships.

marcmarcdv
13th October 2011, 01:00 PM
i've just seen people are started to get ship on the order....this is an good sign i hope...

greychocobo
13th October 2011, 01:05 PM
anyone who upgraded from 3 to voda and preordered the 4s got any confirmation email ?

Macrazy
13th October 2011, 01:20 PM
Just got my status changed to Preparing for shipping and the money was charged from my cc... I am a bit happier now! :)
Maybe i will get sick tomorrow and I won't be able to work... ha ha ha

wise
13th October 2011, 01:27 PM
Just got my status changed to Preparing for shipping and the money was charged from my cc... I am a bit happier now! :)
Maybe i will get sick tomorrow and I won't be able to work... ha ha ha

for us sad saps?

model: (colour/size)
time of order:

its pathetic how ridiculous i get at a new apple product release. i'm not like this with anything else. and there are few other things that money cant get yuo immediatley. i dont even really know why i want this so badly over my 4 except "the camera is better and siri will be wildly amusing' - yet as a fully grown adult ive become a moody f5 smashing teenager.

joshuaba
13th October 2011, 01:27 PM
My 32GB white 4GS is preparing for shipment.

Spoke to Apple just now, they are still telling me it's in China.
And that it will probably ship today, and that I should receive an email later today with shipping dates on it.
Still hopeful of getting it tomorrow, especially when I've just sold my iPhone 4 on eBay today!

gikku
13th October 2011, 01:36 PM
woo hoo
iPhone 4S 32GB White
just changed to "preparing for shipment"

iPhone 4S 32GB Black still says "processing"

Macrazy
13th October 2011, 01:56 PM
White 32 ???? that's right... but take your hands off it... Ha ha ha

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

32Gb White.. But according to FreestylerNZ belongs to him...:D

for us sad saps?

model: (colour/size)
time of order:

its pathetic how ridiculous i get at a new apple product release. i'm not like this with anything else. and there are few other things that money cant get yuo immediatley. i dont even really know why i want this so badly over my 4 except "the camera is better and siri will be wildly amusing' - yet as a fully grown adult ive become a moody f5 smashing teenager.

fredd
13th October 2011, 01:56 PM
i've just seen people are started to get ship on the order....this is an good sign i hope...

Marcmarcdv
Do any who have got shipped status also received an email giving a tracking number?

gikku
13th October 2011, 02:01 PM
how many times can i click reload before I'm offcially stalking

the_doctor
13th October 2011, 02:07 PM
My 32GB white 4GS is preparing for shipment.

Spoke to Apple just now, they are still telling me it's in China.
And that it will probably ship today, and that I should receive an email later today with shipping dates on it.
Still hopeful of getting it tomorrow, especially when I've just sold my iPhone 4 on eBay today!

If it ships from China the only way you will get it tomorrow is if they send it via Transporter (Star Trek style).

marcmarcdv
13th October 2011, 02:09 PM

Marcmarcdv
Do any who have got shipped status also received an email giving a tracking number?

Australians are starting to see status changing to "Shipped"! There are several posts on Whirlpool confirming this. Also, my speculation was right. They are indeed shipping out from within Australia and not from China. The carrier is TNT Express and it's expected to be here by Friday!

The picture below is from someone in Sydney. There are three users who have confirmed that they have gotten confirmation E-Mails. Very stoked.
Attached Thumbnails

Alyness24
13th October 2011, 02:15 PM
I received the shipping notification last night. As well as my confirmation. Mine also says DELIVERY by the 14th not ships :) oh and I ordered for sprint on apple.com!!

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

And I did get the tracking number!!

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Omg on my ups tracking it says one business day left till delivery!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhh!

FreestylerNZ
13th October 2011, 02:29 PM
Yay, my 32GB White is now 'Preparing for Shipment'! I'm a lot happier now.

I have faith that it'll get to Aussie overnight. Whenever I order stuff, it gets from Sydney -> Auckland and in my hands by 8am the next morning. Apple will have urgent/rushed customs clearance on all this stuff for sure.

the_doctor
13th October 2011, 03:12 PM
I received the shipping notification last night. As well as my confirmation. Mine also says DELIVERY by the 14th not ships :) oh and I ordered for sprint on apple.com!![COLOR="Silver"]

No offence but this is an Australian forum and the majority of people here are discussing whether we, Australians, will be receiving our phones on the 14th.

intelligentdesigner
13th October 2011, 03:14 PM
Has anyone had an updated status on the black 64gb yet? Are they doing this by model batch? I ordered within the first 30 minutes and still nothing. Waaaah!

the_doctor
13th October 2011, 03:21 PM
Australians are starting to see status changing to "Shipped"! There are several posts on Whirlpool confirming this. Also, my speculation was right. They are indeed shipping out from within Australia and not from China. The carrier is TNT Express and it's expected to be here by Friday!

The picture below is from someone in Sydney. There are three users who have confirmed that they have gotten confirmation E-Mails. Very stoked.
Attached Thumbnails

This great news. Unfortunately mine status is still saying Preparing for Shipment - Ships by 14th.

Hopefully this changes soon.

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Attached Thumbnails

Just checked Whirlpool and I cannot see the same information you are relaying.

What thread are you reading all this in?

gikku
13th October 2011, 03:25 PM
woo hoo
iPhone 4S 32GB White
just changed to "preparing for shipment"

iPhone 4S 32GB Black still says "processing"

and the Black has gone "preparing for shipment" too

wise
13th October 2011, 03:32 PM
and the Black has gone "preparing for shipment" too

the information on whirlpool was apparnatly bullshit.

anyone seen any 64gb blacks prepare yet?

ive seen photos of the boxes in a telco in syd cbds store. they have lots.

joshuaba
13th October 2011, 03:40 PM
Damn, was hoping whirlpool was fact.

Thinking China delivery likely now.

Oh well, shipping email will hopefully come soon and confirm everything.

squidbean
13th October 2011, 03:40 PM
Oh my order better change to "shipped" too soon!!! :P been having "prepare for shipping" for long enough!

And It sounds really strange to me if apple tells us that the first will arrive on the 14th, if they "ship" them from China? I doubt it.. gotta remember that you can rock up to the STORE! Friday morning at 8am and just buy one! I am pretty damn sure that the people pre ordering first will get it delivered Friday afternoon.

joshuaba
13th October 2011, 03:46 PM
Could line up at the store, but I don't want 2. Just the one I've paid for on pre order.

Shannon
13th October 2011, 03:46 PM
Oh my order better change to "shipped" too soon!!! :P been having "prepare for shipping" for long enough!

And It sounds really strange to me if apple tells us that the first will arrive on the 14th, if they "ship" them from China? I doubt it.. gotta remember that you can rock up to the STORE! Friday morning at 8am and just buy one! I am pretty damn sure that the people pre ordering first will get it delivered Friday afternoon.

I think chances of ANY of them arriving tomorrow is almost 0% now. Not one single persons has shipped. If they were in Australia then they would have started shipping today but Apple has said from the start of this week that they will ship from China on Friday.

wise
13th October 2011, 03:47 PM
64gb black ordered at 8pm preparing for shipment

squidbean
13th October 2011, 03:50 PM
My white 64GB which was ordered around 7.35 within minutes after the store went up, has been prep for shipping since.. early yesterday.

joshuaba
13th October 2011, 03:51 PM
I think chances of ANY of them arriving tomorrow is almost 0% now. Not one single persons has shipped. If they were in Australia then they would have started shipping today but Apple has said from the start of this week that they will ship from China on Friday.

The Apple guy I spoke to today said they were going to ship them today instead of tomorrow because everyone is waiting.
Coming from the warehouse. Where is thevwarehouse? I asked.
Response: China.

Hmmmm

0% or there abouts.

intelligentdesigner
13th October 2011, 03:52 PM
Has anyone had an updated status on the black 64gb yet? Are they doing this by model batch? I ordered within the first 30 minutes and still nothing. Waaaah!

Woop, Preparing for shipment on the 64gb black as of 4.45pm...

squidbean
13th October 2011, 03:53 PM

I somehow highly doubt that the online preorder batch and the batch they will sell from the Stores tomorrow morning are different batches? would make no sense. Apple has always previously delivered iphones on the release day from pre orders.

The update of the "shipped" or not if done from within australia may not update until 8-9pm tonight. Depending on system you won't even see the update before it's on the truck sometimes late tonight.

You could be right, I just hope you are not ;)

anyway, time will tell obviously.

Shannon
13th October 2011, 03:58 PM
I somehow highly doubt that the online preorder batch and the batch they will sell from the Stores tomorrow morning are different batches? would make no sense. Apple has always previously delivered iphones on the release day from pre orders.

The update of the "shipped" or not if done from within australia may not update until 8-9pm tonight. Depending on system you won't even see the update before it's on the truck sometimes late tonight.

You could be right, I just hope you are not ;)

anyway, time will tell obviously.
Theres a part of me that thinks.. It's Apple.. Surely they can't make a huge stuff up this big but then the other half of me thinks that theres no way that we'll get them tomorrow. Even if we get updated to shipping tomorrow then most of us probably won't get them till Monday.

joshuaba
13th October 2011, 04:00 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw that once shipped, we'd receive an email / tracking info within 24 hours.

So, there's still a chance they've shipped.

Knowing my luck, my wife's 16gb black will come and not my 32gb white. :footinmouth:

sectioneight
13th October 2011, 04:01 PM
It will ship today - it has always said, and still says: "Ships: Ships by October 14th"

Whether or not it goes in tonights courier run is another matter - if TNT was a decent courier company anything lodged before 6pm should be next day delivery to metro areas.

It was always a gamble to pre-order given previous apple pre-order history and Friday launches. Im just glad I dont have to bother lining up at a store or wait 2 weeks to get it from a telcos online store

squidbean
13th October 2011, 04:05 PM
My iPhone 4S has shipped!!

Hey guys, here is a trick of how to find your iPhone order even if Apple hasn't sent you a shipping confirmation. First, your iPhone 4S order has to say preparing for shipment though. Apple usually ships via FedEx or UPS so in order to find your iPhone 4S shipment all you have to know if your phone number and zip code. Here's what you do:

1. Go to FedEx or UPS.com

2. Find where it says track by reference.

3. Type in the required information, primarily your phone number associated with your order.

4. You should see your shipment as long as your order status says "Preparing for Shipment"

Mine is coming UPS.

In Transit: On Time

Business

Day(s) Left4

Change Delivery

Request Status Updates

Scheduled Delivery:

Friday, 10/14/2011, By End of Day

Last Location:

Departed - Shenzhen, China, Monday, 10/10/2011

Additional Information

Product:WORLD EASEShipped/Billed On:10/09/2011Type:PackageWeight:0.40 kg

Shipment Progress

What's This?

Location Date Local Time Activity

Shenzhen, China 10/10/2011 1:50 P.M. Departure Scan

Shenzhen, China 10/09/2011 3:20 P.M. Origin Scan

China 10/09/2011 5:25 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

From a different forum, US pre orders.
On that it looks like it was actually shipped from China on the 10th (Monday) ?

the_doctor
13th October 2011, 04:06 PM
Sort of off topic. I ordered a Mac Book Pro on the 6th. It shipped from China on the 10th. Arrived in Sydney on the 12th at 1:23pm. Arrived in Melb at the Depot at 5:30am this morning (13th) and it's status on the TNT website all day has been "Shipment Received At Destination Depot" despite the fact that it was delivered at 11:30am.

Oops forgot to add that when I ordered on the 6th my delivery estimate was the 2nd of November. Go figure.

joshuaba
13th October 2011, 04:07 PM
if they are, in fact, in Australia, why would every Apple person I've spoken to on the phone say they're in China and we'll get them next week?

Hopefully it's so we all have more love 4 Apple when they arrive tomorrow! :D

squidbean
13th October 2011, 04:11 PM
if they are, in fact, in Australia, why would every Apple person I've spoken to on the phone say they're in China and we'll get them next week?

Hopefully it's so we all have more love 4 Apple when they arrive tomorrow! :D

Because he is not allowed to tell you if you pre ordered early enough to be amongst the first, and to cover their arses he will tell you that a batch will be shipping from China on Friday, and then when you get it at your door on Friday anyway, you will love apple even more ;)

Hahah I don't know dude... but I wouldn't be surprised. It is Apple for a reason.

the_doctor
13th October 2011, 04:24 PM
Because he is not allowed to tell you if you pre ordered early enough to be amongst the first, and to cover their arses he will tell you that a batch will be shipping from China on Friday, and then when you get it at your door on Friday anyway, you will love apple even more ;)

Hahah I don't know dude... but I wouldn't be surprised. It is Apple for a reason.

I'm not so sure it is that they are not allowed to tell you if you preordered early enough, I think it is a matter of that they don't know if you preordered early enough to get in the first batch and they don't want to disappoint anyone by saying if they ordered on the 7th they will get it on the 14th. I agree that the China line is what they are told to say but it could be the truth for all we know. I'm sure we'll all know more tonight if and when we get shipping notifications. Having said that the shipping notification might be vague or misleading too.

squidbean
13th October 2011, 04:28 PM
Yup I do not expect much useful information in terms of shipping, I do expect some people to get thier phones tomorrow afternoon though.

joshuaba
13th October 2011, 04:34 PM
I'm not so sure it is that they are not allowed to tell you if you preordered early enough, I think it is a matter of that they don't know if you preordered early enough to get in the first batch and they don't want to disappoint anyone by saying if they ordered on the 7th they will get it on the 14th. I agree that the China line is what they are told to say but it could be the truth for all we know. I'm sure we'll all know more tonight if and when we get shipping notifications. Having said that the shipping notification might be vague or misleading too.

When I've spoken to Apple, they've told me that I'm one of the early ones, but still won't receive my phones till next week!

Just wish I didn't have to post my old iPhone 4 to eBay winner till I get my new one!

petersracing
13th October 2011, 04:41 PM
When I've spoken to Apple, they've told me that I'm one of the early ones, but still won't receive my phones till next week!

Whilst that may be true, it will also be company policy that employees can't make commitments greater than the published ones. If the web site says it will ship by 14th then woe betide anyone who makes a different promise to a customer. It's called expectation management. They have delivered much faster than their commitments in the past and I for one will be expecting them to tomorrow. I still suggest you guys chill a bit.

joshuaba
13th October 2011, 04:51 PM
Whilst that may be true, it will also be company policy that employees can't make commitments greater than the published ones. If the web site says it will ship by 14th then woe betide anyone who makes a different promise to a customer. It's called expectation management. They have delivered much faster than their commitments in the past and I for one will be expecting them to tomorrow. I still suggest you guys chill a bit.

Ok, advice taken.

Beer in hand!

Balty
13th October 2011, 06:23 PM
Rightio! Got a shipment notification. Let's hope they arrive tomorrow! :D

http://f.cl.ly/items/3g2n3b422f0c1t2j0b1E/iPhone%204S%20Shipped.png

homerjay
13th October 2011, 06:24 PM
Ok I ordered my phone as soon as the site went up just got an email saying delivery by 19/10. If I had known this I would have
Lined up :(

Erwin
13th October 2011, 06:31 PM
Shipped!

Email says

Delivers by
20/10/2011

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

TNT tracking site says:

Reference xxxxxx
Pick up date 06 Oct 2011
Destination PINELANDS
Delivery Date 08:30, 06 Oct 2011
Signatory CONRAD
Date Time Location Status
06 Oct 2011 08:30:00 Maitland Shipment Delivered In Good Condition.
06 Oct 2011 07:12:32 Maitland Out For Delivery.
06 Oct 2011 06:37:40 Maitland Shipment Received At Destination Depot.
05 Oct 2011 22:00:00 Elandsfontein Shipment In Transit.
05 Oct 2011 14:58:48 Elandsfontein Shipment In Transit.
05 Oct 2011 13:40:28 Elandsfontein Shipment Received At Origin Depot.

????

Shannon
13th October 2011, 06:32 PM
So redic. The 20th of October? Is that a joke?

krasivy
13th October 2011, 06:34 PM
Rightio! Got a shipment notification. Let's hope they arrive tomorrow! :D

http://f.cl.ly/items/3g2n3b422f0c1t2j0b1E/iPhone%204S%20Shipped.png

Does your tracking work?

I got some wonky result for mine, says someone else’s TNT shipment from back in 05 October… duh!

Balty
13th October 2011, 06:37 PM
I got some wonky result for mine, says someone else’s TNT shipment from back in 05 October… duh!

Yeah, I got some wacky result too. Elandsfontein, South Africa. They're just reusing tracking numbers and haven't updated ours yet. :P

And my email says "Delivers by: 19/10/11". Last year it was also a Friday when the iPad came out. I have a sneaking suspicion that I got mine on a Saturday as TNT extended their normal delivering hours because of all the iPad mania.

squidbean
13th October 2011, 06:38 PM
Shipped!

Email says

Delivers by
20/10/2011

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

TNT tracking site says:

Reference xxxxxx
Pick up date 06 Oct 2011
Destination PINELANDS
Delivery Date 08:30, 06 Oct 2011
Signatory CONRAD
06 Oct 2011 08:30:00 Maitland Shipment Delivered In Good Condition.
06 Oct 2011 07:12:32 Maitland Out For Delivery.
06 Oct 2011 06:37:40 Maitland Shipment Received At Destination Depot.
05 Oct 2011 22:00:00 Elandsfontein Shipment In Transit.
05 Oct 2011 14:58:48 Elandsfontein Shipment In Transit.
05 Oct 2011 13:40:28 Elandsfontein Shipment Received At Origin Depot.

????

Hmmm so what does apples ship by means? before the 20th? or on the 20th?

ravage221
13th October 2011, 06:39 PM
My Telstra iPhone 4S is slated for delivery tomorrow. w00t for me!

Stez
13th October 2011, 06:40 PM
Ok I ordered my phone as soon as the site went up just got an email saying delivery by 19/10. If I had known this I would have
Lined up :(

God forbid you wait an extra 5 days.

Seriously, relax, you can go another 5 days.

Joey1983
13th October 2011, 06:48 PM
God forbid you wait an extra 5 days.

Seriously, relax, you can go another 5 days.

I can't.
Status on mine hasn't changed, but if it's not coming tomorrow I'll be tempted to line up.

squidbean
13th October 2011, 06:48 PM
Does anyone know if there is a pattern yet in which models arrive at what times?

Like 16gb , 32gb and the new 64gb? Anyone pre ordering 64gb got a notification yet?

Just curious..

dumbland
13th October 2011, 06:51 PM
Just got the shipping notice for my 32gb black 4s, ordered a few minutes after preorders opened. Says it will deliver by the 19th. Time to rage incessantly on the internets!

Nah, at least now my case should be here by the time the phone is.

the_doctor
13th October 2011, 06:52 PM
This has made a mockery of the whole preorder process. What a joke. I still haven't received notification and I preordered as soon as the site recovered from it's meltdown so i would have been in the first batch. my sister who also got in very early has a shipment date of the 27th. She is furious.

mrbrut
13th October 2011, 06:52 PM
Got notification before for a black 64GB. Says delivers by 21/10/2011.

homerjay
13th October 2011, 06:54 PM
Of course I can wait. That doesn't change the fact I preodered expecting I would get it on same day as with previous apple products but it's only a phone.

krasivy
13th October 2011, 06:55 PM
Mine’s showing delivered by 18/10…

If true, then I’m not impressed.

HessianSack
13th October 2011, 06:57 PM
Just got notification for a Black 64GB. Says delivers by 19 October 2011. Tracking details show two parcels, both already delivered, one to Bangalore and one to Elandsfontein.

Shannon
13th October 2011, 06:59 PM
I haven't got any shipping notification and I ordered within a minute of it ipening

squidbean
13th October 2011, 06:59 PM
Just got notification for a Black 64GB. Says delivers by 19 October 2011. Tracking details show two parcels, both already delivered, one to Bangalore and one to Elandsfontein.

Haha nice... still haven't seen any notification for my white 64GB.

joshuaba
13th October 2011, 07:02 PM

China to Australia via South Africa???
For a smart phone, it ain't working to well!!!!
Maybe the gps is stuffed!? Haha

krasivy
13th October 2011, 07:03 PM

And I guess those delivery times is because they’re making a side trip there?

sectioneight
13th October 2011, 07:04 PM
Shipping notification received here - delivers 19/10

Reused tracking number as well - bound for somewhere in South Africa - TNT is so bad, wish apple would go back to star track express!

Bit annoying, considering apple more than likely had the ability to ship these yesterday but didn't.

Ah well, will appreciate it all the more next week

Erwin
13th October 2011, 07:04 PM
Looks like old TNT tracking number showing old info.

Weird.

NeoRicen
13th October 2011, 07:16 PM
Mine's shipped, estimated delivery on the 18th (Ugh!) but the tracking info is wrong. Tracking some delivery in India from July.

Pharaohsam
13th October 2011, 07:22 PM
mine says shipped - tracking shows delivered to BLOEMFONTEIN :S

lukemc
13th October 2011, 07:24 PM
Mines going to PIETERMARITZBURG.........eerie thing is i lived there for 3 years from the ages of 4-7 20odd years ago :)

faux
13th October 2011, 07:25 PM
I just noticed something odd.

So far, all my Apple orders that are shipped from Sydney have a tracking number that starts with APK and link to the TNT Express website.

However, this tracking number is pure numbers, and links to the TNT.com website, not the local Australian site.

I hope this doesn't mean that it's coming from China!

Does anyone else have tracking numbers that are pure numbers? Anyone with a tracking number starting with APK?

squidbean
13th October 2011, 07:25 PM
Well at least you have received a note about where you phone obviously is not! :P Still nothing here.

Balty
13th October 2011, 07:31 PM
Does anyone else have tracking numbers that are pure numbers?

Hmm interesting. Mine's all numbers too - 9 digits. When I click on the tracking link it takes me to TNT UK, concerning an order in Elandsfontein, South Africa. If I go to TNT Express Australia and put in my consignment number it tells me that my order doesn't exist.

krasivy
13th October 2011, 07:31 PM

So far, all my Apple orders that are shipped from Sydney have a tracking number that starts with APK and link to the TNT Express website.

However, this tracking number is pure numbers, and links to the TNT.com website, not the local Australian site.

Does anyone else have tracking numbers that are pure numbers? Anyone with a tracking number starting with APK?

If it is indeed coming from China, then Apple has managed to score their first major fail post-Jobs.

I’d rather they over-promise and under-deliver — and most certainly NOT the other way round!

lukemc
13th October 2011, 07:32 PM
id say given the 6 day delivery window these are coming from china wouldn't you?

Shannon
13th October 2011, 07:34 PM
They are definitely coming from China.. I don't know why its so hard for you guys to believe it when Apple has been saying it all week / Orders from everywhere else in the world have all come from China. Still not shipped for me.. my order was at 6:49 on Friday :(

Dust For Eyes
13th October 2011, 07:36 PM
Haha I tell ya, there's going to be one surprised South African when he wakes up and finds the world's iphones on his doorstep.

sectioneight
13th October 2011, 07:36 PM
The carrier on the notification is listed as TNT INTERNATIONAL EXPRESS - APAC

While my apple order last week was.. TNT EXPRESS AUSTRALIA

krasivy
13th October 2011, 07:38 PM
Order tracking results are beginning to properly show for those who got weird tracking results prior…

decryption
13th October 2011, 07:41 PM
Bit disappointing they were not shipped earlier, so they'd arrive on Friday, but oh well. To the Apple Store I go! The one coming via TNT will be on-shipped to a mate in NZ who don't even have an iPhone 4S release date :(

Joey1983
13th October 2011, 07:42 PM
Mine was delivered to Pretoria on the 5th of October.

NeoRicen
13th October 2011, 07:44 PM
Yeah mine's been updated to show mine and the old one with the message:

There are duplicate consignment numbers in the results as TNT reuses consignment numbers.

So far only info is my suburb, but I think I can forgive them for taking minutes (minutes!) to update the tracking number.

I hold out some hope for a delivery tomorrow, as the standard 1-3 business days ends on my delivery date, but includes tomorrow on the low end. Fingers crossed, but the 18th is probably right.

squidbean
13th October 2011, 07:45 PM
White 64GB, note received, delivers by the 18th ....

Shannon
13th October 2011, 07:46 PM
When were all your orders placed?

Stez
13th October 2011, 07:48 PM
I can't.
Status on mine hasn't changed, but if it's not coming tomorrow I'll be tempted to line up.

You can.

You've got an iPhone 4 already. I'm seriously worried for you if you can't wait 5 days for the 4S.

Anyway, that's enough of me before I get banned for not being able to comprehend how people get this obsessed with having the latest Apple products :ambivalent:

shadowground
13th October 2011, 07:52 PM
white 64gb, ordered within 10 of the store opening, delivering to Melb CBD. delivers by the 20th.

Joey1983
13th October 2011, 07:53 PM
When were all your orders placed?

Within seconds of the online store coming back up after it's meltdown.
My email states delivery on the 18th.

You can.

You've got an iPhone 4 already. I'm seriously worried for you if you can't wait 5 days for the 4S.

Anyway, that's enough of me before I get banned for not being able to comprehend how people get this obsessed with having the latest Apple products :ambivalent:

Do you know what forum your on?

lexy101
13th October 2011, 07:55 PM
As of 10 minutes ago i have my shipping notification :D

delivers by the 26th :slant: i have everything crossed for a bit quicker than that

and i preordered as soon as the site came back up - however it was very slow, so i definitely wasnt one of the first or anything

wal003
13th October 2011, 07:59 PM
I got a shipping notice half an hour ago... look at the tracking no with TNT and it says its going to ......... Africa! I hope its not as I am in Australia!!!!! :cry: Not looking good

minimaxdeal
13th October 2011, 07:59 PM
i live in china, how can i buy one now at a reasonable price?

the_doctor
13th October 2011, 08:02 PM
Just got my notification and it says the 27th. I am devastated! Not @#$%ing happy! I ordered 6:40pm on Friday. So much for pre-orders. I can't get to an Apple store due to work commitments so I guess i will have to wait. I will not preordering in the future. Why should they take my money 2 weeks before I receive the product.

gikku
13th October 2011, 08:05 PM
3 hours until the "Ships by October 14th" is missed.
I would take the expression "ships by" to mean and be understood as "to ship before", ie. 13th, not on the 14th.

this is Apple Store Australia apple.com/au with a 133mac phone number, should be using correct english, not an american mistake.
am I wrong? or is this an americanism, note the date is in the american format of m/d.

bennymarsh
13th October 2011, 08:09 PM
Me says it is in South Africa as well. I assume it's just a glitch.

Joey1983
13th October 2011, 08:11 PM
My suburbs just shown up, but no other info.
Has anyone been able to confirm they're coming from China?

wal003
13th October 2011, 08:12 PM
Me says it is in South Africa as well. I assume it's just a glitch.

one can only hope :D please

bennymarsh
13th October 2011, 08:12 PM
Just Reread it actually. It says it's been delivered in good condition in south Africa :) someone else is apparently already enjoying my iPhone!

Balty
13th October 2011, 08:14 PM
My suburbs just shown up, but no other info.

My suburb's shown up too. Pick up date 13 Oct 2011. Status Exception.
Let's see what happens tomorrow. Either way, we'll survive.

1984lars
13th October 2011, 08:14 PM
32GB Black also shipped. Delivers 19/10. Destination is already right!

lexy101
13th October 2011, 08:19 PM
My suburb's shown up too. Pick up date 13 Oct 2011. Status Exception.
Let's see what happens tomorrow. Either way, we'll survive.

Thats what ive gotten too .... previous use of the same consignment had it going to Africa (?!)
fingers crossed that pick up today, could mean delivery tomorrow lol.... might be a touch optimistic

the_doctor
13th October 2011, 08:20 PM
The top line of the Tracking on TNT gives an explanation of the incorrect destinations.

"There are duplicate consignment numbers in the results as TNT reuses consignment numbers."

My tracking now has my suburb too with no other info but still has the other incorrect location listed.

I just don't understand how it says that my item has shipped on the 13th but only arrives on the 27th. Is it swimming here from China?

krasivy
13th October 2011, 08:22 PM
I just don't understand how it says that my item has shipped on the 13th but only arrives on the 27th. Is it swimming here from China?

Didn’t you read the email order confirmation right after making your pre-order:

“Ships in ships by 14th October”

So yeah, you’re probably right. #unimpressed

Balty
13th October 2011, 08:25 PM
Thats what ive gotten too .... previous use of the same consignment had it going to Africa (?!)
fingers crossed that pick up today, could mean delivery tomorrow lol.... might be a touch optimistic

Yup, mine was a South African shipment too. From Elandsfontein to Kempton Park-West. Suitably, the signatory's name was Johannes.

If it arrives tomorrow, it arrives tomorrow. If it doesn't, it doesn't. Easy. :P
I'd prefer if it arrives tomorrow though.. hah.

Joey1983
13th October 2011, 08:26 PM
The fact that it's the international TNT site we're getting directed to, and the consignment and reference numbers don't work on the Australian TNT site isn't a good sign. Looks likely that they are coming from China, and aren't being despatched locally :(
No idea why the dates are so varied though, we've got people reporting anywhere from the 18th to the 27th...

wal003
13th October 2011, 08:30 PM
I have just checked my tracking consignment and they now have another for delivery to my home town :D :thumb up:
So here's hoping for delivery tomorrow :D

NeoRicen
13th October 2011, 08:47 PM
The fact that it's the international TNT site we're getting directed to, and the consignment and reference numbers don't work on the Australian TNT site isn't a good sign. Looks likely that they are coming from China, and aren't being despatched locally :(
No idea why the dates are so varied though, we've got people reporting anywhere from the 18th to the 27th...
Probably a mix of city and time ordered. I'm in Sydney and ordered almost immediately, and got the 18th.

krasivy
13th October 2011, 08:54 PM
Confirmed: The iPhones are coming from China.

the_doctor
13th October 2011, 08:56 PM
Probably a mix of city and time ordered. I'm in Sydney and ordered almost immediately, and got the 18th.

Melbourne. Ordered almost immediately and got the 27th. 64GB White and Black.

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Confirmed: The iPhones are coming from China.

Correct.

My tracking now says:

"13 Oct 2011 18:34:37 Shenzhen Shipment Collected From Sender. "

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Will be interesting to see where the people getting theirs on the 18th are coming from.

With mine being picked up on the 13th from China but only being delivered on the 27th.

Balty
13th October 2011, 09:02 PM
Will be interesting to see where the people getting theirs on the 18th are coming from.

With mine being picked up on the 13th from China but only being delivered on the 27th.

My order will be delivered by the 19th. It's also coming from China.

"13 Oct 2011 18:35:08 Shenzhen Shipment Collected From Sender." Looks like it's even the same plane hahah!

mantaray
13th October 2011, 09:02 PM
What a gyp, talk about disappointing, would have been better queuing up at a local store than helping Apple create a headline for itself by pre-ordering.
Typical for us South Aussies, NSW can have 7 stores we can't even have one. I hope i don't sound bitter, but I feel we were used to get Apple a Newspaper headline - 1000000 pre orders signed. A fine case of Spin versus substance, Mike Rann couldn't have done better.
Delivers by the 19 th, thanks very much, yet again the faithful are conned. I could have walked to melbourne and lined up if i had of known in advance,no wonder they would'nt let you cancel, as the site would have been swamped by cancellations, feel like sending it back, ( but I won't :D ).
One positive is I can think about a plan a bit longer.

sectioneight
13th October 2011, 09:08 PM
Collection from Sender - Location: Shenzhen

Also stez - quit with the trolling already

Reubania
13th October 2011, 09:19 PM
Just received my email that the item has been shipped today. Unfortunately the same email, Apple estimates my black 64GB 4S to be delivered by 20th October! NO FAIR! Been watching the shipment tracking...it says it's in my local area for collection today. Seems odd. I might actually receive it tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath!

I ordered immediately and had an estimated delivery date of 14th Oct. Mine is coming from somewhere not China:

03 Oct 2011 19:33:16 Elandsfontein Shipment Collected From Sender.

NeoRicen
13th October 2011, 09:28 PM
Just received my email that the item has been shipped today. Unfortunately the same email, Apple estimates my black 64GB 4S to be delivered by 20th October! NO FAIR! Been watching the shipment tracking...it says it's in my local area for collection today. Seems odd. I might actually receive it tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath!
Can you post what your tracking actually says? Sans private info of course. Want to compare it to mine (and others).
Nevermind, you did.

Don't think that's your order. That's the last order that had your tracking number. Most people are getting that, until your shipment takes over.

changa
13th October 2011, 09:47 PM
Just checked my shipment. I ordered as soon as the online store came up at around 6:40pm last Friday.

Mine is coming from East London!

lexy101
13th October 2011, 09:49 PM
Yup, mine was a South African shipment too. From Elandsfontein to Kempton Park-West. Suitably, the signatory's name was Johannes.

If it arrives tomorrow, it arrives tomorrow. If it doesn't, it doesn't. Easy. :P
I'd prefer if it arrives tomorrow though.. hah.
Same, but if it doesnt arrive tomorrow, i will just look forward to when it does :)

*edit* oh, looks like mine is coming from China, just checked the tracking:

13 Oct 2011 17:35:37 Shenzhen Shipment Collected From Sender.

Ahhh well, i dont have a local apple store to queue at, so i can (and will have to) roll with when it gets here, it gets here... not to upset, its good to know i have one on the way :)

Reubania
13th October 2011, 09:53 PM
Can you post what your tracking actually says? Sans private info of course. Want to compare it to mine (and others).
Nevermind, you did.

Don't think that's your order. That's the last order that had your tracking number. Most people are getting that, until your shipment takes over.

You're right. The dates are 3 October. Anyway, I did have an exclamation mark on my order details from TNT:

There are duplicate consignment numbers in the results as TNT reuses consignment numbers.
To identify your shipment please check for corresponding:
1. Reference information
2. Destination
3. Pick up date
If you are still unable to identify your consignment, please contact TNT Customer Service on 0800 100 600

So I don't really have any information besides this:

Reference XXXXXXXXXX (removed actual number)
Pick up date 13 Oct 2011
Destination BUNDOORA
Delivery Date
Signatory

NeoRicen
13th October 2011, 09:55 PM
Bah! Mine just updated. Shenzen.

PSA: If your tracking status shows some other country (South Africa seems to be popular) as well as a signatory and delivery date this is not your shipment. TNT reuses consignment numbers, so you're probably looking at the last time that number was used.

If it hasn't already, you will soon see a second shipment, and the following box will appear:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/NeoRicen/ScreenShot2011-10-13at105318PM.png

EDIT:

You're right. The dates are 3 October. Anyway, I did have an exclamation mark on my order details from TNT:

So I don't really have any information besides this:
Yeah, that's the same as mine. Although several minutes ago mine was updated with the first status update:
13 Oct 2011 19:12:04 Shenzhen Shipment Collected From Sender.

:cry:

Although, if they are express shipping it overnight, getting it tomorrow isn't completely out of the question.

faux
13th October 2011, 09:57 PM
It's ridiculous that those of us who preordered it get it after those who que up. I ordered mine at 640pm on the 7th, and I'm getting it on the 19th.

Good job on your first product launch, Tim Cook. /sarcasm.

the_doctor
13th October 2011, 10:01 PM
Considering we all have the same status of it being in collected in Shenzen on the 13th, why the huge variation in expected delivery dates (18th-27th)?

joshuaba
13th October 2011, 10:06 PM
Anyone's shipping info actually say where their delivery currently is yet?

lexy101
13th October 2011, 10:08 PM
Considering we all have the same status of it being in collected in Shenzen on the 13th, why the huge variation in expected delivery dates (18th-27th)?
maybe its based on where we live??? Im not in a capital city, just in a major city so maybe thats why they've blown my delivery date out

I wonder what people who have the expected "delivers in 1-2 weeks" will get as their anticipated date

squidbean
13th October 2011, 10:09 PM

See I wondered about that too.... But at this point no one knows WTF apple or TNT is up to.. I still don't get how they can have shipped 1000s of phones to local stores for people to pick up at 8am, and not have phones stored locally for pre order people to get it on the release day (like every other apple product has been).

either something is super misleading or Apple really fucked up big time. They pride them self with their service and being "better" and all that crap. point is, It's not like Apple.

But yeah same as the rest:

13 Oct 2011 19:57:49 Shenzhen Shipment Collected From Sender.

Delivery on the 18th.

NeoRicen
13th October 2011, 10:14 PM
Me - Sydney - 18th
krasivy - Sydney - 18th
1984lars - Sydney - 19th

Balty - Canberra - 19th

Reubania - Melbourne - 20th
Erwin - Melbourne - 20th
shadowground - Melbourne - 20th
mrbrut - Melbourne - 21st
the_doctor - Melbourne - 27th

ryano - Brisbane - 19th

dumbland - Adelaide - 19th

squid bean - ? - 18th
HessianSacl - ? - 19th
lexy101 - ? - 26th

Two things we can conclude from this:
1. Seems to be that Sydney is getting them first, and Melbourne later, not enough data from other cities to really conclude anything there.
2. the_doctor is very unlucky.

Reubania
13th October 2011, 10:14 PM
How come some people in Germany are getting their pre-orders early? Plenty of reports filtering through over the past few days...so inconsistent. I mean, I still rather pre-order and not have to line up like every other iPhone I've purchased. But to not have it on "launch" day to play with it is a bit disappointing

Stez
13th October 2011, 10:15 PM
Anybody pre-order via the Telstra site?

squidbean
13th October 2011, 10:16 PM
Me - Sydney - 18th
krasivy - Sydney - 18th
1984lars - Sydney - 19th

Balty - Canberra - 19th

Erwin - Melbourne - 20th

ryano - Brisbane - 19th

squid bean - ? - 18th
HessianSacl - ? - 19th
lexy101 - ? - 26th

1. Seems to be that Sydney is getting them first, and Melbourne later, not enough data from other cities to really conclude anything there.

Sydney here too, 18th.

virtoz
13th October 2011, 10:20 PM
Melbourne - 20th - black 64GB - ordered in about the first 10 mins after store came online

Reubania
13th October 2011, 10:20 PM
Interesting stats mate. Usually Apple's shipment emails/notifications are pretty spot on for delivery dates. It's usually a date that is the very LATEST for the delivery to arrive.

squidbean
13th October 2011, 10:23 PM
Interesting stats mate. Usually Apple's shipment emails/notifications are pretty spot on for delivery dates. It's usually a date that is the very LATEST for the delivery to arrive.

Exactly... normally I would expect the 18th - 20th to be for the people who pre ordered just a bit too late, but it would still be a date put out to everyone as they can't control who was a minute or two faster customer wise.

How ever! if that actually was the case... we shouldn't all be seeing our phones in China :P So...

Jassycin
13th October 2011, 10:24 PM
Melbourne here, 21st, white 64gb. Order acknowledgement @ 6.53pm.

minski
13th October 2011, 10:25 PM
Perth - 19th (64gb White)

AcesHoney
13th October 2011, 10:28 PM
I'm in Melbourne too, ordered within a few mins of the website being up (order acknowlegement 6.47pm) and my delivery date is listed as the 27th... That's just total bs!! I will not be ordering online for delivery on release day again.. Totally pissed off!

Chubby_Chaser
13th October 2011, 10:32 PM
Signed up to this forum just to vent... I'm not getting my 4s on Friday, REALLY!

I watched the conference live streaming, clicked refresh on apple.com for 45 mins until the dam store was up and now my phones in Shenzen and freakin TNT doesn't deliver on the weekend. Thanks a ton.

For the stats.

I'm in Sydney,
black 64G 4s
Delivers by 18/10/2011
Current Status 17:31:07 Shenzhen Shipment Collected From Sender.

lexy101
13th October 2011, 10:37 PM
Me - Sydney - 18th
krasivy - Sydney - 18th
1984lars - Sydney - 19th

Balty - Canberra - 19th

Erwin - Melbourne - 20th

ryano - Brisbane - 19th

squid bean - ? - 18th
HessianSacl - ? - 19th
lexy101 - ? - 26th

I am in Townsville North Queensland :) looks like the_doctor and I are the unlucky ones :\

squidbean
13th October 2011, 10:47 PM
small update:

13 Oct 2011 20:30:26 Shenzhen Shipment In Transit.
13 Oct 2011 19:57:49 Shenzhen Shipment Collected From Sender.

Looks like things are like they are and we just gotta wait...

NeoRicen
13th October 2011, 10:50 PM
14th

WEEKEND

17th
18th
Sydney
NeoRicen
krasivy
squid bean
Chubby_Chaser

19th
Sydney
1984lars
Canberra
Balty
Brisbane
ryano
Adelaide
dumb land
Perth
min ski

20th
Melbourne
Reubania
Erwin
shadow ground
virtoz

21st
Melbourne
mrbrut
Jassycin

WEEKEND

24th
25th
26th
Townsville
lexy101

27th
Melbourne
the_doctor
AcesHoney

28th

Definitely suggests the iPhones are all landing in Sydney first, but can't think of an explanation for why Melbourne is so late, especially since everyone else seems to be getting them merely a day after Sydney.

squidbean
13th October 2011, 10:53 PM
I guess we also have to remember that our data amount is very small compared to the many 1000s of phones they have to deliver, there could be a random grouping or a limit to the amount they can drive around with per day, so that its not only city, but also area dependent?

Chubby_Chaser
13th October 2011, 10:55 PM
NeoRicen, the only thing I can think of is maybe the_doctor and AcesHoney just missed the first allotment and are under the "1-2 weeks delivery" rather then ships on 14th October.

Reubania
13th October 2011, 10:56 PM
small update:

Looks like things are like they are and we just gotta wait...

I too got the same:

13 Oct 2011 20:29:49 Shenzhen Shipment In Transit.
13 Oct 2011 19:56:08 Shenzhen Shipment Collected From Sender.

shadowground
13th October 2011, 10:59 PM
TNT tracking using the Australian TNT site is finally showing information for my consignment details. surprisingly its showing this at the moment

Status Date Time Depot
Electronically Lodged 13/10/2011 23:36 Sydney Priority

whilst the link from Apple's Order Status shows this

13 Oct 2011 20:30:18 Shenzhen Shipment In Transit.
13 Oct 2011 19:58:02 Shenzhen Shipment Collected From Sender.

Chubby_Chaser
Updated for me on international TNT

13 Oct 2011 20:55:32 Shenzhen Shipment In Transit.

Update on Australian TNT

Status Date Time Depot
Electronically Lodged 13/10/2011 23:37 Sydney Priority

Jordaaan
Brisbane here.

iPhone 4S white, 16 GB. Pre-ordered as soon as I could and my delivery date is apparently the 26th.

Tracking:

"13 Oct 2011 20:41:17 Shenzhen Shipment In Transit.
13 Oct 2011 18:30:09 Shenzhen Shipment Collected From Sender."

Sigh...

Jassycin
13th October 2011, 11:00 PM
Odd thing now appears on TNT Australia tracking :
Consignment No:
Status Date Time Depot
Electronically Lodged 13/10/2011 23:38 Sydney Priority

squidbean
13th October 2011, 11:02 PM
TNT tracking using the Australian TNT site is finally showing information for my consignment details. surprisingly its showing this at the moment

Status Date Time Depot

whilst the link from Apple's Order Status shows this

13 Oct 2011 20:30:18 Shenzhen Shipment In Transit.
13 Oct 2011 19:58:02 Shenzhen Shipment Collected From Sender.

If I do the same, open up the apple link from my email, take the reference number and plots it in the Australian TNT Express site (which is what apple uses in Australia) I get this:

Status Date Time Depot

Chubby_Chaser
13th October 2011, 11:03 PM
If it's really at the Sydney Depot, as the aus website says chances are high for a delivery tomorrow no?

Reubania
13th October 2011, 11:04 PM
Yep. Got the same from the Australian TNT tracking site:

Consignment No: **********

Status Date Time Depot

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

If it's really at the Sydney Depot, as the aus website says chances are high for a delivery tomorrow no?

I would assume so....

squidbean
13th October 2011, 11:04 PM
Fuck apple... way to make things complicated and force peoples poor minds to start guessing with NO info... just to probably get disappointed ;)

shadowground
13th October 2011, 11:05 PM
if the "electronically lodged" follows something similar to my other delivery from apple earlier in the week, we might still have hope for a delivery tomorrow?

Collected-Cust Premises (CIT) 10/10/2011 13:54:53 Sydney Priority
Electronically Lodged 10/10/2011 17:31:40 Sydney Priority
Received in Depot 10/10/2011 19:56:38 Sydney Priority
Paperwork Printed at Depot 10/10/2011 20:43:31 Melbourne
Sighted in Depot 11/10/2011 05:15:25 Melbourne
On Board For Delivery-Full 11/10/2011 05:58:08 Melbourne
Delivered in Full 11/10/2011 09:05:17 Melbourne

we can always hope right?

the_doctor
13th October 2011, 11:11 PM
NeoRicen, the only thing I can think of is maybe the_doctor and AcesHoney just missed the first allotment and are under the "1-2 weeks delivery" rather then ships on 14th October.

No. My order confirmation is 6:43pm which is earlier than most of the people getting them before me. I am in suburban Melbourne about 12km from the CBD. I received the ships by 14th October. A friend of mine whose order confirmation was after 7:00pm and lives 2 streets away from me is slated to get theirs on the 20th.

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

If I do the same, open up the apple link from my email, take the reference number and plots it in the Australian TNT Express site (which is what apple uses in Australia) I get this:

I just tried this and got the exact same thing:

Status Date Time Depot

I think Electronically lodged might just mean the paperwork is ready for the item to come in.

I guess we'll know more tomorrow morning if the status on the Australian TNT express website changes.

intelligentdesigner
13th October 2011, 11:16 PM
Black 64gb ordered within 30 minutes still Preparing for Shipment, ships by 14th October at 12.15 on the 14th October. Hm, something's not quite right there. Someone at Apple needs to look at a calendar -- particularly after the 'available for pre-order on friday the 8th' debacle.

64gb, black, Melbourne, 7.10pm 7 Oct order

NeoRicen
13th October 2011, 11:19 PM
My shipment went in transit from Shenzhen at 9pm (about 15 minutes ago if local time, 3 hours if our time, I have no idea which), and WolframAlpha says a flight from Shenzhen to Sydney takes about 8 hours (how cool is that site!?). Either way, if it's flying to Sydney, it will be here by morning. I don't see why it shouldn't be able to be driven out to me by the afternoon, but we'll see.

shadowground
13th October 2011, 11:22 PM
My shipment went in transit from Shenzhen at 9pm (about 15 minutes ago if local time, 3 hours if our time, I have no idea which), and WolframAlpha says a flight from Shenzhen to Sydney takes about 8 hours (how cool is that site!?). Either way, if it's flying to Sydney, it will be here by morning. I don't see why it shouldn't be able to be driven out to me by the afternoon, but we'll see.

but dont forget the items need to clear customs upon arrival here in australia, which with the strikes and all that may be a problem.. but obviously i hope they get delivered ASAP

squidbean
13th October 2011, 11:22 PM

Yup, Im still pretty sure we will see the phones tomorrow afternoon around 5pm-8pm but that's just me and how I think Apple works.

NeoRicen
13th October 2011, 11:25 PM
Yup, Im still pretty sure we will see the phones tomorrow afternoon around 5pm-8pm but that's just me and how I think Apple works.
I remember my Snow Leopard disk arrived late in the afternoon after arriving down under in the morning. Not out of the question at all.

Not sure about people outside Sydney though.